Free Gas Cards from SaveOnGasCards.com Update

Gas card certificates have arrived! But they’re not what was promised (read the story here). In fact, if the certificates work like they’re supposed to, it’s an even better deal. My certificate booklet contains two $100 gas certificates, grocery store certificates worth $1000 (I don’t know—that’s what it says), and some others I’ll tell you about later.

I have to pay $4.95 per certificate to redeem them. I paid my $10 and sent in both $100 coupons, and in 3-4 weeks, my pre-loaded debit cards containing $200 in gas money will arrive in the mail. What do you think—am I a sucker or a savvy consumer? Place your bets in the comments and you could get “I told you so” rights on a scam busting skeptic.

1. Hi Mark,
    Did you see today’s post about my scam experience? Sounds a lot like yours. I had the same concern about Clint, but I don’t know of a way to go directly to PC Deals for redress.

2. all i can say is wow! i was scammed by this company – first of all how am i supposed to return the unused booklets – i never received any exxon mobil gas cards – that is ridiculous – this is how i found out it was a scam by using the booklets – i really want to charge this paypal purchase back on my american express – however as a decent human being – i dont want the innocent seller of these booklete – clint steiner to suffer – i really had a lot of faith – this was sucha scma the things they sent are not worth the paper they are written on – stay away everyone

3. Don’t miss the important update to the Gas Cards saga.

4. Yeah, there was a disclaimer on the certificates themselves that said something about vouchers, right? I’m at the end of my patience; if I have to go to another web site and jump through more hoops to get the “free” gas, I’m gonna go all Richard Williams on somebody.

5. I received my booklet as promised and they were very responsive in answering my questions. I did get an email last night stating Saveongas got information from the supplier of the booklet (he is just a distributor I guess) that they may send gas cards or gas vouchers. It sounds like if you get a voucher you have to visit a website to get the gas. They said they would refund my money if I was disappointed but honestly I think I can use the restaurant, grocery, travel, etc so it is still worth what I paid for it. He said he would refund anyones money if they were disappointed.

6. I’m glad to hear that even coming from the educated skeptics there are high hopes…I’ll keep you posted on if/when I receive my booklets.

7. Hi Robert. It’s nice to know I’m not alone in this potential club for dopes. He told me a few times that the booklets were right around the corner, but also said he was dealing with problems from the distributor. At least I’ve now received the actual booklets. Whether they’ll convert to gas money or not remains to be seen, but I have high hopes.

8. Well I just did it too, so I hope this goes well. Otherwise they’ve now made $80 on two idiots. I am impressed with how quickly Carl Steiner (the guy that’s taking our money) returns emails. He says he is expecting more booklets this week or next…but is that what he was telling you for 2 months?

9. Well, I don’t know what okie means. And no, I haven’t got the cards yet. I got the coupons and sent them in to be processed and expect the cards in about 2 more weeks.

10. SO i don’t get it. You got the two gas cards and it was okie?

11. I hope it does work out for you. But with all the scammers out there lately ya never know. I wish you luck :-)

12. I think this is a by mail version of the cash crate idea…get you to do things in return for ___.

(*&(^&^$%^$%& Scammers!

13. That’s the question, isn’t it? There were two “mini” catches already: an extra $4.95 for processing and the 3-4 week delivery time ON TOP of the two months I’ve already waited. But these aren’t deal breakers for me. If it really brings me prepaid cards worth $200, it’s worth it.

14. so, you got the gas card cert, huh? what’s the catch?