I Was Scammed by DataEntryPortal.com

Michele, an I’ve Tried That reader and watchdog, furnishes today’s warning.

I need to tell you about the biggest scam I have ever seen. The site is http://www.DataEntryPortal.com

If you want to see a scam to its fullest, this is it. I paid $57.00 and all I got was some links to other Data Entry companies that you have to pay more money…That was it! I could have found the same content and more by doing a search on Google for “Data Entry Jobs” So I contacted them because they show a “Risk free Guarantee” on their site which is the only reason I would have tried it anyways. BUT, when I requested a refund they said to read the fine print of their “Terms of Use” which states no refunds. Very deceptive advertisement. I see why they would not give the money back because if you see what you get for $57.00, they would have 100% of their customers demanding refunds.

So what does a “Risk Free Guarantee” mean when the real policy is “No Refunds?” It means that you are guaranteed to take a risk, and the guarantee won’t cost you anything. You know how you can pay extra for an extended guarantee on your car or anything you buy at Best Buy? Same concept, except this guarantee is free. Get it? “I guarantee you’ll take a risk! This guarantee costs you nothing!”

Or something. Sheesh. Thanks for the warning, Michele!

1. Halloooooo dear

I have joined this website, they sent me some material for testing, after I finished they sent the notification that I passed the test.

After that, I didnt receive anything? I have to pay USD 40 for the service
    thinking…….

2. Guy i’m so much gratefulforyour useful alert, I almost fall victim of this poeple (dataentryportal.com) because i had been planning on how to send $57 to them, thanks alot. But can you guys please send me the scam free work at home websites,I dont want to be scammed. My e-mail is (marcusfem@yahoo.com)

3. Thanks a bunch guys! I am saved now..uff!! I was about to register tomorrow..OMG..they have such a nice advertisement..anyways thanks

4. Guys, do you anything about my-data-team.com? Please advise. Also keep off http://www.dataentrybucks.com. Its a total scam. I lost my money there.

5. genevieve santos says:

thank you guy…i was about to register to this company today….

6. Hi there to everybody. You all want to earn money online thats good I am earning doing data entry. But the thing is noone finds job for me I find the job for me. Data entry is genuine but you need to have good typing skills you will be paid according to page or word you type. Dont pay money search for companies vacancies and apply you will get the job but there are very few.
    If you want to check the company is legal or not then check it at http://www.whois.net its a domain lookup program so how you can know the genuinity is that after you look up for the website then look at its detail if its a genuine companythen it should have registered in its company name. If its fake then its registered in their personnel name.

7. Thanks to you all, i was about to register to dataentryportal, i really thought it was genuine.

8. HI ALL GOOD HEARTED PEOPLE

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS WHICH HELP ME FROM LOSING $57/-. THANKS TO GOD AND ALL FREINDS

9. Somebody should report this person to Citibank then.

10. emeka chinemelu says:

I thank you guy very well and i commend your good work i was going to make a wire transfer for the Data partal entry work. becouse my i dont have credit care and they sent me this account.
    bellow are there message to me, please if you can track this crinals with the bank account and address.

this wht they sent to me.
    Hello. In order to remit payment via wire transfer, please provide the following information to your financial institution.

Lifetime Membership Enrollment/Registration for Data Entry Program

Wire Transfer Amount: $67 USD ($57 enrollment fee plus $10 wire transfer fee)

Wire funds to:

Acct #: 40045012560

Routing #/ABN: 322271724

SWIFT: CITIUS33

Beneficiary: Glen Douglas

Citibank West

5677 E. La Palma Ave

Anaheim, Ca. 92807

(DO NOT send any funds or correspondence directly to this address – this is for WIRE TRANSFERS ONLY)

Once we receive confirmation of your payment, your login credentials and instructions will be sent to you via email.

plaese also email me the reall site that really pay for online working.
    thanks
    emeka chinemelu from NIGERIA.

11. Thanks all, i ready to lose money$57 all thus saved
    please give me free websites please i need help, any one with a useful site mail me. babuiq@yahoo.com

12. My God, I’ve just lost $57, I really thought it was real. Anyone wants a password, just emal me at bowlegs_2005@yahoo.com and I would really appreciate knowing some sites that are real cause I need to make some extra income for my family.

13. The best way to be safe is register company with paypal or credit card and once u feel that u r were fraud within 1 month you can charge back them ,,,

This way they will be in more problem

Thanks

I have tested the same way with more then 10 sites all were scams nothing worked out so dont waste time and do some work like selling products and other marketings

Thank
    Vivaan

14. Hy.

Does anyone have a list of non-scams dataentry sites?
    Does really exist this kind of good faith job?

Thank you.

15. is there n e genuine site where i can earn….

16. thank GOd i check these answer…………otherwise i was also ruined……… y these sites r not banned…..

17. Hi,

Anyone knew about the website online-home-jobs.com? Is it scam?

After that, I didnt receive anything? I have to pay USD 40 for the service. Thanks

18. hi there, i really need some kind of data entry or survey job for extra earning.Gone thru many sites but afraid to lose money.please give me free websites and help me and mail me ajiths007@ymail.com

19. I was almost joining dataentryportal until I made a research on google and saw your reports. thank you guys for enlighten me and from being scammed. did anyone of know a genuine data entry job online? pls mail me ekielcity@yahoo.com

20. Kishore Berty says:

I too was cheated by dataentryportal.com recently, i was wondering why such websites are not banned. Anyways it was a good lesson for me and i advise all not to invest money through any of this websites unless you have some concrete evidence that they are genuine.

Good luck.

21. Thank God- i was saved by your opinion. grateful and please spread the word.

22. Thank you, kind souls. I was abt to join such network as I needed to work and get some dough.

Is there really no true and geniune sites??

23. i have visited the sites “A.W.SURVEYS.COM”, “REAL DATA ENTRY.NET” I DON’T THINK THESE ARE GENUINE. IS THERE ANYBODY WHO TELLS ME THE VALIDITY OF “MY HOMEPAGE FRIENDS” AND “INBOX DOLLARS?

24. I was eager to join this data entry portal site. But before I did, I do some research and found this answers from yahoo. Thank you so much and hoping to find a real one.

25. i was scammed by a site named 365jobs4u.com i lost about 4000 rs. but after searching google and reading some reviews i found a indian site, u wont get that much money. i earned 1300 rs in two weeks from this site. dont expect much. after joining 365jobs4u.com i was very much depressed but this site was a relief. registration fees was 200 rs i thought it was a scam, but anyways if am loosing i will be loosing only 200 rs its better than loosing 1000s. i was lucky i got paid.
    if u want u can take a look: sunbizteam.com

26. Pl any one kindly give me the link of scam free home based jobs

27. I joined surveynew.com in May 2007 but I have still not received my laptop in spite lots of e-mails to them!!!

Must be a scam!!!

28. Thank god guyssss

U save me from this stupid SPAM program.
    Why this ppl all like to cheat ppl.

very sad…….:(

Regards.

29. See this report about Data Entry Portal on the BBB website:

30. Thanks God I didn’t join that scam.. I was about to join now coz it seems ligitimate site

31. Gosh! Luckily I did some research b4 I click the “Click Here to register today” icon. Good job, Joe. If not for your blog here, I would have just key in my credit card number. I will post this info in my blog too, to alert others.

By the way, do any of you knows about PaidSurveysEtc.com? I just paid USD24 for this service but ended up this site only direct me to other websites which also need me to pay a certain amount to get started. I think this is a scam.

32. thanks for saving me from victimisation.. god bless u all

33. Guys thanks. Please let me know other than idioma URL, genuine sites not fraudsters. Thanks.

34. I am interested in joining my data team. do you think it’s legitimate and scam free? please do advice because i would like to join them but they are asking me for 49.00 USD for a start.

I would really appreciate your responses. thank you very much.

35. Thnx Jagadish. http://www.work4idioma.com is absolutely genuine u can try this.They dont charge u a penny but yes they do require some skillsets.

cheers
    Arpita

36. I am also cheated by Data Enty Portal.Com Google should be sued for advertising such fraud companies. Is there any way of complaining to the Google

Regards,
    R.Arumugam.

37. Thank you all for your kindness for posting your testimony about these scams online. I almost fell into dataportalentry.com.

We will defeat these money suckers!!!

38. Thanks a lot guys, all your comments were absolutely worth reading…I really appreciate it.

39. Dataentryportal.com got an “F” rating from the Better Business Bureau:

“We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.”

40. I had completed the formalities when I ran into this website. Thanx for not allowing me to join the list of their victims. Please assist me by sending authentic and genuine list to my mail. wolenig@gmail.com

41. Hi there Guys, I am about to put my self in that condemned bogus home base work that’s really won’t work….all of them should be ban to advertise such kind of bogus website…

thanks because I was able to read some forums like this I was now enligthened…Is there any of you guys have tried real work from home? could you help me where I can get to find a real legitimate work from home that won’t cost me even a single penny….

I will truly appriciate any of your response….

GOD BLESS

42. File a complaint at FTC and BBB. File a dispute at PayPal or AlertPay if you sent money via these channels. The site owner is now being monitored by the authorities. They just need more complainants against Data Entry Portal. I filed a claim at PayPal too. The site owner even had the nerve to escalate the case. PayPal will not cover intangible items so they deferred the case. I believe Data Entry Portal is aware of this loophole in PayPal’s policies so they are abusing it.

43. Hi … may be this is too late, but I just want to share with you all. YES, Data Entry Portal is a SCAM!!! I lost my money that was sent on August, 8. Forget about the login credential and all those things that they will send when we’ve sent them the money, they don’t even bother answering my e-mails (more than 7) asking if they have received the money yet.
    All the reply e-mails are automatics reply and it is not monitored.

I feel so bad. Well, there is more about it actually, but I just don’t wanna remember it. Hurt so bad!!!

44. I am also a victim. Thanks for the FTC link. I also alerted the BBB. If you need the address and phone number of this company, you will find it on BBB when filing a complaint.

45. As an update, please do not expect that PayPal will act in your favor but if you file a dispute rest assured that they are taking note of all cases and they will do something in case of excessive complaints.

46. Better yet, report the site to the Federal Trade Commission:

47. If you paid membership fee via PayPal, you can file a dispute at the PayPal website.

48. Amigos!
    I´ve checked the recommendation that Steve kindly gave on this review site which is:
    Man….I couldn´t believe they exist!
    this are real!!
    Thank you Steve!!

49. me too! I thank God that I have read your comments on this, or else i would lost my hard earned money of $57. God bless us all.

50. Gracias Amigos!!!!!!!!!!
    This review sites keep a lot of REAL work from home wannabes
    like me from being SCAMMED!!
    Haven´t you all notice how all of this sites use the same approach
    talking bad about a real job? they´re practically saying that all
    our bosses and all the commuting and all our jobs are a big DRAG!
    Well…may be so…. but this jobs are LEGIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HOW ABOUT THAT!MMMM.