New Ways I’m Currently Making Money Online

It seems that everyone is searching for a way to make money online today. Legitimate programs are hard to come by, but I’ve been trying different programs lately and here are two that I can personally recommend as working. Don’t forget to look at our online job directory for more legitimate programs as well.

ChaCha Guides

I’ve been hearing a lot about ChaCha lately and decided it was time to investigate for myself. ChaCha is a mobile answering service that uses humans to search and answer questions for users. A user texts or calls ChaCha with a question, the question is sent to a ‘Generalist’ or a ‘Specialist’ and they find an answer and text back. It’s a pretty amazing service and it’s incredibly useful. You can text any question to the number 242242 and you’ll receive a response in just a few minutes. Try it now. Ask them anything.

Now, that you’ve harassed ChaCha enough, you should know that the entire process requires humans and these people are all working from home and getting paid. When you call in a question, a ‘Transcriber’ writes out the voice message and passes it onto an ‘Expeditor.’ An Expeditor takes the voice message or text message, cleans it up, and passes it on to either a ‘Specialist’ or ‘Generalist’ who, in turn, finds an answer to the question and texts it back to the person who asked.

Expeditors make between 2 and 3 cents per message they pass on. Transcribers make 4 cents per message they type up, and Generalists and Specialists make 10 cents per message they answer with the ability to move up to 20 cents per question. I’ve started working as a Generalist yesterday morning and I’ve already accumulated $25.00 in my account. The work is relatively easy and it usually takes nothing more than a Google search to find an answer. I hardly spend more than 30 seconds per answer.

ChaCha is constantly looking for guides and the work is relatively easy to do and you can work whatever time you want to work. You can sit down and work for 8 hours each day or you can work for 5 minutes in your spare time.

You can read more about the different guide roles by clicking here. Pick which one that works best for you and sign up. Be sure to use the email Steve@IveTriedThat.com as the ChaCha Guide Referral Email Address when signing up to join my team!

Today.com Blogger

Today.com is currently looking for VIP bloggers to join their blogging program and create posts. New VIP bloggers are guaranteed at least $1.00 per original 100+ word post per day. You also get $2.00 per thousand unique page impressions, so the more traffic you get the more you get paid. Depending on the quality of your posts, you may receive bonuses and the amount you get paid per post goes up. I’ve only been a member for a couple of days, but I’ve managed to write a few posts and accumulate $5.00 in my account.

You can apply for the VIP blogging program by clicking here.

I don’t see either program turning into a full-time job, but they’re both a great way to pick up some extra cash when I have some spare time. Be sure to check them out.

I have been building six figure businesses online and helping others do the same since 2007. Let me show you how it's done. Click here to learn how to build a real business online.

1. My husband and I have been on ChaCha for almost a year, since he got laid off last year and has had a hard time finding a job since. He’s made between $150-$300 per week steadily, and we use the Pay Me Now option to get paid every week. The pay structure has changed again, but we can still count on a good $150 a week from it. ChaCha is on a hiring freeze for guides…and it seems like they’ve been trying to weed some people out with all the changes they keep making.

My husband also found a similar opportunity at the Knowledge Base – http://www.kgb.com. They’ve had commercials on G4 and other cable networks recently. They pay is $0.05 for pre-written answers or $0.10 for answers you search for. It’s slower than ChaCha, but I believe they are still taking guide applications right now. It’s extra money if you can qualify and pass the test.

2. I signed up to today.com per your request. I’d like to say thanks. You’re right, it’s a really good program. I think of all the internet things I’ve tried this is the easiest and most pleasant extra income sorce. If only because I get to babble about whatever comes to mind and they still pay.

Jessie loves to babble. I made $9.07 last month. I’m terrible at updating. But that’s money I made doing posts akin to what I put in my livejournal so bahahahah, it’s the most awesome thing ever.

The only think I love more is associatedcontent, but with them, you know you actually have to write something worth while and that takes longer.

Jessie

3. still wondering about the payment thing? anyone cashed out their money yet?

4. Well, I’m not convinced that this is a legit site. I tried to apply as a guide and everytime I did, i was led to a page that said noone was being hired at this time..wondering just WHEN people ARE hired.

5. ples tell me about cha cha i want to sign up

6. Is there anything like this for Canadians? This would help me out so much.

7. hey, i was wondering about payment for chacha. i’m definitely concerned about giving them my bank number and they don’t offer paypal or anything, but i have a good chunk of money i’d like to cash out. anyone have any advice or experience in this matter?

8. I just join yesterday. Thank you so much for the tip! Last night they changed the status of job openings and are not taking any more guides. Hopefully that will change soon since I know a few people who would be intrested. Hey even at $3/hr, it will add up.

9. thanks for the tip, I joined about a month ago. so far so good!

10. ChaCha is going through changes and the opportunity is not the same anymore. The amount you are making per hours went down, it is about 3.00 an hour. It used to be good, but the company has done changes recently.

11. We don’t allow Klingons or Romulans (because they’re always fighting and scaring the My Power Mall cheerleaders), but Nigerians we have no trouble with. Except when they’re scammers.

12. are nigerians allowed on this site?

13. I, too, am a Guide for ChaCha! I love it!!! For all people interested, take your time on the tests!!!!!!!!!!! You will do fine if you do. Even with the typing, just go slow, the fewer mistakes the better! I love ChaCha!!!

14. Thank you for the link Steve. I hope to hear from them real soon.

15. Reply
  16. Ookay, I went to their site to find any contact information and there is none?

17. Thank you Steve. I will contact them.

18. I believe they gather information first to keep you from taking the test over and over again until you pass it. It may not be the best system. You can email support and ask them to remove your profile. I can’t imagine they’d refuse.

19. I was disappointed that I didn’t qualify to work for them after taking their test. Because it was a timed test, I felt under pressure to choose the right answer so I rushed through it. I was hesitant to give my social security # for their W9 form but I did it anyways because you recommended their site. Why couldn’t they have you fill out the W9 form *after* you are qualified? This doesn’t make sense to me.

20. You should really mention this is for US citizens only. Too bad too looked interesting .

21. First of all, thanks for putting in the work to check these out. I am a guide for ChaCha and I can vouch that it’s great! You work whenever you want for however long you want, I often multi-task while I’m logged in. Won’t steal your referral thunder, just wanted to let everyone know it’s a good find! ChaCha on! (sorry, force of habit)

22. Steve,

I recently came across your site, and I must say I bookmarked it immediately!

I came across this opportunity last night while I was searching the web for work at home jobs: http://beaguide.about.com/index.htm.

I wasn’t sure if you had come across it in the past or not, but I would imagine this is a great opportunity for those who are considered experts in a field who may not want to have full responsibility of maintaining their own domain. What do you think?