FedEX stopped by my place early on Saturday to deliver a belated Christmas present. Victor Corsino of Heated Mattress Covers Direct had offered to send me a heated mattress cover in exchange for a review on the blog. This type of product is typically outside of what we usually review, but I couldn’t turn down the offer. I hate the cold.
Heated Mattress Covers
Heated mattress covers work better than heated blankets as they work from beneath you trapping the heat in and minimizing heat loss. I’ll take as much heat as I can get right now. It’s getting to be that time of year where ridiculously cold is an understatement and running the heater all night is both bad for the environment and my wallet. Surrounding myself with as much heat as possible for as cheap as possible sounds great.
The features of the heated mattress cover as listed on the website include:
- Nine different heat settings with a ‘last-setting’ memory controlled with a nifty electronic controller and LED display.
- Automatic shut-off after 10 hours or if the temperature of the pad exceeds 83 degrees.
- Detachable controls which allows the pad to be fully machine washable.
- The cover also came with a user manual outlining the do’s and dont’s and troubleshooting issues.
- Each pad comes with a five year warranty as well. If the pad should stop working properly on it’s own within five years, you will receive a replacement.
I’ve only had one night with the heated mattress cover so far. (I’m in love, but) I’ll be holding off on a full review until the end of the week. One day of use is not enough to give a proper review. For now, check out Heated Mattress Covers Direct.