Home > Known Scams > Coreyhasmoney.com vs Jordangetsgreen.com

Coreyhasmoney.com vs Jordangetsgreen.com

Battle of the Putzes

Maybe that’s too harsh. They might not actually be putzes. They’re advertising on Facebook in my region. They might just be two guys trying to make a living. There would be no way of knowing. But they’re both pushing shady products, in my opinion. And besides, there is something fishy about Coreyhasmoney.com, or “Corey Peters,” and Jordangetsgreen.com, or “Jordan Thompson.”

What do these two sites have in common?

Just about everything, it seems. From the testimonials to the sob story text, everything except the wives is interchangeable. (Maybe they are, too, but Jordan and Corey don’t tell us about that. And that’s fine by me.) Take a look:

Coreyhasmoney.comJordangetsgreen.com
I lost my job as a boring account rep for a manufacturing company a few months back. But here is my story on how I make $5,000+ a month by just submitting small text and ads online on Google. Read my story to learn how I did it and how you can do the same.I lost my job as a boring account rep for a manufacturing company a few months back. But here is my story on how I make $5,000+ a month by just submitting small texts and ads online on Google. Read my story to learn how I did it and how you can do the same.
A year ago I was an account manager for a (drum roll) a pipe manufacturing company. Not exactly what I dreamed of when I was growing up. The job I had before that, I used to work in at a mortgage company. That job I did like. A year ago I was an account manager for a (drum roll) a manufacturing company. Not exactly what I dreamed of when I was growing up. The job I had before that, I used to work in at a mortgage company. That job I did like.
David says:
Bro I am so happy that i found your offer on facebook last week. Just got my first paycheck from google. keep it real!
David says: February 26, 2009 at 11:23 am
Bro I am so happy that i found your offer on facebook last week. Just got my first paycheck from Google *. keep it real!

[Editorial note by Joe because it’s my site and because I couldn’t resist: “Keep it real??” Are you kidding me?? Nobody says that anymore. Except for maybe my son’s jr. high school buddies when they sign his yearbook. Them and stoner surfer dudes.]

I could go on and on, but you get the picture. These sites are just bad copies of a bad original template.

So they’re copies. So what?

Yeah, maybe that’s no big deal. On the other hand, search for the “lost my job” sentence in the table above and you get 523 results as of this date with names like Kevin Gets Green and Williams Money Blog and Dave’s Money Matters. That’s a buttload of copies hawking the same junk. But what it tells us is that “Corey Peters” and “Jordan Thompson” are not real people. These are just lead-generation pages for various crappy online money-making products. In other words, their sole purpose is to send you to the sales pages for the products they’re advertising. And they are:

Coreyhasmoney.comJordangetsgreen.com
“Easy Google Cash”“My Internet Payday”

So What’s Wrong With Affiliate Marketing?

We’ve said it many times: nothing. We like it. We use it. But when the product features hidden charges, we draw the line. The “free” information (pay only for shipping and handling) Corey wants to send you will cost you $59.95 per month if you don’t cancel on time.

Jordan’s “free” information will cost you $78.64 per month if you don’t cancel on time. You have been warned.

1. […] 03/10/2009 (IveTriedThat.com): Coreyhasmoney.com vs Jordangetsgreen.com […]

2. […] are mysteriously closed, always due to spam. See joshmadecash.com for a very typical example. See this post for our smackdown of these types of […]

3. […] at Joshmadecash.com. It’s just one more template-based sales page in the same category as Coreyhasmoney, Jordangetsgreen.com and […]

4. I would just like to thank all the posters above for helping me decide NOT to go along with this scam. Sure I’m a little desperate for money(who isn’t), but this crap just sounds too good to be true. Thanks again!

5. This has been popping up on my computer every 5 minutes if I am attentive to my machine. Norton hasn’t detected it as spyware yet, and I’m looking to see how to remove it.

6. BEWARE**BEWARE**BEWARE**THIS IS A BIG TIME SCAM AND I GUESS GOOGLE DOES NOT CARE IF THEIR NAME IS USED AS A COME ON. OUT OF THE BLUE THESE CROOKS WILL START TAKING MONEY ($72.21)OUT OF YOUR BANKING ACCOUNT. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS, DO NOT BE STUPID.

7. warning to all barrow residents this is a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. I also got this but the corey guyclaimed to be fromwinder ga. thanks for the warning they almost got me.

9. Someone should contact Google. Perhaps they have a fraud department who can verify these large checks both Corey / Jordan advertise on their site(s).

These scam sites have to be converting 2-5% of their visitors. People are signing up b/c they see the Google name advertised left and right, with guys holding corporate checks.

It’s a classic bait and switch move.

Dan

10. Was looking at our local town’s newspaper list of obituarie’s on-line and this advertisement of Corey Peters from Plano, TX with the same identical stuff given above is listed when you click on the ad. Glad I saw this site by doing a YAHOO search (which came up #1) before trying to supplement my income.

11. I have also fallen for this scam. Should have researched your site prior to the sign up. I immediately received 2 emails from the following 2 sites: iPlanFinancial.com (888-247-3851) and the other is FreshKeywordIdeas.com (877-208-6571)One charges around $40.00 per month while the other charges around $75.00 per month. I did not complete their sign up but they say my account is already set up. Can they do this? Am I going to be charged these fees? Please let me know the quickest way to cancel these charges without cancelling my debit card.

Thanks,

GW

1. GW, they can do it because you agreed to let them do it when you paid the $1.97 (or whatever) for shipping. Call the numbers and cancel immediately before the “trial period” expires.

12. I use to live in N. Miami for 5+ years. Judging by the Range Rover background they are based just off Collins Ave. I like how they leave the tags off the vehicle.

They have to be running an IP trace b/c when I received the pop up the site says the following: “My name is Corey Peters. I am originally from the San José, 08 area.”

Are they running an IP trace on the victims computer? I ask this because I too am in San Jose, not California, but San Jose – Costa Rica.

Be aware!!

1. Dan, yes, it runs an IP trace script. Good warning.

13. does the kit come in the u.s. postal mail or by e-mail? and where does it tell you about the monthly fee? i ordered one about 3 days ago.
    thanks cindy

1. Cindy, the monthly fee(s) are found in the Terms and Conditions on the page where you signed up. I don’t know if it comes through snail mail or email (or if it comes at all).

14. I also did a search for CoreyHasMoney, and his site is also known as CoreyTheScammer(sarcasm!). Earn your money using your own brain, instead of giving someone money to lead you to money, unless that person is a parent, or a concerned friend that has YOUR best interest in mind. If you found this site, then you are already using your brain, and hopefully not too late!

Best Regards.

15. no, they debit your account monthly until you contact them to cancel…this is impossible, there is no one to answer the phone and they put a phony address to write to. Report these people. The nation is losing jobs and desperate people are looking for work to save their families and these filth are stealing what little money people have left. They are the devil.

16. scammers! got my bank info and some company called LRM Ventures LLC in Rockledge Florida debited my account. Called my bank right away and they have been reported to the State Attorney for fraud and scamming. Be aware! These people are tricky!!! They use Google Treasure Chest as their front, when you call Google Treasure Chest they pretend they don’y know who you are and refuse to put a supervisor on the phone or give you their location.

17. thanks guy! i was about to use my check card when something told me to check further and i found your web site. i too have been tricked before by assholes that prey on the desparate and needy. keep up the good work.

18. […] their money back. Today’s “Huh?” moment came in the form of a comment on the Jordangetsgreen post. Kim writes: […]

19. Jordan,

I live here in Bentonville and I want to know if you are a real person and if this really works. I can meet you in person and talk about it.

Kim

20. and how new are these ” google cash websites”?

21. ok when you said that even though they say its free and you only have to pay for shipping and handiling and that there are hiden fees ….do they just randomly send you biblls?

22. I live in henniker nh which is the next town over from weare. Both these are ver, very small town in the boondocks of new hampster, USA. The population of either is less than 2000: http://www.idcide.com/citydata/nh/henniker.htm. This is probably why he chose this as his home town (weare, not henniker that is), because almost no one has ever heard of the place. Actually, he might even be from there-dubious. But the important fact is that this is just another scam. I see these on the inet al the time. Ridiculous claims of making huge amounts of money-usually specifie in exact dollar/month amounts–how can they tell exactly how much YOU’D make doing something anyway?–doing almost no work! Anyone that falls for any of these scams has to be very gullable-or desparate! That’s really sad and disgusting, preying on people who are in desparate financial or other circumstances. Anyone who falls for these is only going to find themselves in worse shape for their efforts. Pleae don’t anyone get involved with these “people” (monsters. If we all ignore them they’ll eventually get the message and quit their evil enterprises simply because there will be no profit in it anymore. Thanks for listening.

23. “Corey” also goes as “Scott Hunter” and the filename for the picture suggests he also goes by “Nick.” The website uses a script embedded into the HTML and easily discovered if you open the page source which uses http://j.maxmind.com/app/geoip.js to discern the city or geographic location of the browser. This undoubtedly makes for some funny returns because IP addresses are poor indicators of a person’s exact geographic location.

I’m sure there are plenty of people out there, however, who don’t have the critical reasoning abilities to see red lights when this guy just so happens to be from the same town… that’s what tipped me off to investigate; otherwise I would have just closed the pop-up…

24. No 7th area in Buenos Aires either…

25. Well Tash, when I viewed the website it said he is from Johannesburg 6th Area… their is no 6th area in Joburg…

26. Tash, the location he says he is from changes depending where your ip is located.

27. FUCKING SCAMMERS

28. ha ha what an idiot!!!
    this Corey or whatever this asshole is, wrote that he is from Toyohara 64th area…
    he could at least google it before posting….numb nuts ha ha
    Toyohara is an Island at far east of russia…it was called this way a hundred of years ago and also it is 65 region not 64th…
    this is just some pisses of shite making money on silly people who believes them!!!
    Don’t you guys even try that!!!

29. just wondering if anything works