You can make money viewing and clicking ads. Surprise! The concept is nothing new and I’m sure plenty of you are actively engaging in a similar program right now. Well, YouData is bringing something new to the table and they are currently paying quite well.

Information about YouData

As far as I can tell, YouData is a fairly new company that will pay you to view, then click on ads. You create a “MeFile” which includes personal detail about you and your interests and YouData will serve up ads based on your responses in your MeFile. Their current rates are surprisingly high. You get paid 5 cents to view a banner ad, and you’re shown 5 at a time. You’re then paid 15 cents every time you click on one of the ads. This process takes about 45 seconds and will earn you a dollar. Sure, it’s not a lot of money, but how often are you paid $1.00 for 45 seconds of your time? I’d be willing to bet, not that often.

The interface of the program is fairly slick and you can see the actual ad block used if you look to the right of this posting (Reading this in your email? Click here to visit the post.) If you’ve signed up and created an account already, you can view your ads here at I’ve Tried That and even opt to pay us a small percentage of your earnings as a thank you. Of course you can keep it all for yourself, but feel free to give back to us at any time.

Payments are issued every Friday and are sent out via Paypal. You can also convert your earnings into iTunes and Amazon gift cards, or donate them directly to charity. I have yet to come across anyone complaining about not getting paid by YouData and I fully expect my earnings to be deposited come Friday.

My Experience with YouData

Well, I joined yesterday and made $2.29 in about two minutes. I have viewed and clicked on all of the available ads, and have anxiously been awaiting for more to arrive. But, it is now 24 hours later and nothing is waiting for me.

The good news is that I’ve been a member for 24 hours and haven’t received a single unwanted or spam email from YouData or any of their advertisers. YouData insists that your personal information is your personal information and they don’t have the right to sell off your privacy. Shocked to hear about an advertising company interested in protecting your information? I am too.

I recommend joining YouData. It seems like a fairly solid program for the time being and at worst, you’ll spend about a few minutes making a couple of dollars that will be paid to you on Friday. After you join, come back to I’ve Tried That and share your experiences in the comments below. I’d love to know what you guys think of this one.

Click here to join YouData now.

Last Updated: April 14, 2009

Join the Discussion

Miss charles

I signed on yesterday and got about 3 ads and then i didnt get anymore i I clicked on the prompt that said, “Explain” and it took me to a site that stated:
    “Okay, you probably just asked one of our ad players to explain why you have no ad offers.
    Glad you asked!

Here a few possible reasons:

1. We’re just getting started! This is a pretty new concept, and we have not reached all the advertisers yet. We appreciate your patience and assure you that we are working hard to spread the word that advertising can actually work better for everybody when consumers and advertisers can deal with each other directly.

2. Your MeFile is not complete enough to attract the ads relevant to your life.
    ………..( i completed all the Mefile)
    3. You used all your ads for the time being. Be sure to try back soon.

Here are a few things you can do to help maximize your ad offers and help us speed up the process of making this grow:

1. Make sure your MeFile is up-to-date, accurate, and as complete as you are comfortable. This is your product, and your unique competitive advantage is that nobody knows you like you do. The more quality data you include in your MeFile > the better your product > the more advertisers you will attract.

2. Send your friends to YouData.com. We’ll try to convince them to start their own MeFile. There is power in numbers. The more MeFiles created, especially among a defined geographic or demographic area, the quicker we will all get the attention of advertisers and have the power and numbers to insist that advertising work our way.”

How long would i have to wait to receive my ads?

J.L.

One of my favourites and easiest websites to make money from. Those of you earning just pennies a week, you don’t have many referrals, do you? Perhaps you should try to refer your friends. I’ve been on there for quite some time now, and have several. They do pay every single Friday, for those who are skeptics, even if you only make .01! Those of you worried about giving out your cell phone number, they send one verification text, and that is it. If you haven’t received it, contact them, and they will have you text them.

Cari

I joined YouData when I read this review. At the beginning it was a couple of dollars a week. Now I’m down to either $0 or less than a dollar a week. Just today I was notified that they paid me $0.09. Hmmmm…

Chris Pulst

I’ve heard that they were going to have video ads instead of just text, even said that on twitter. but it’s been weeks and weeks and still nothing. At least give us some more ads

Loanne

I’ve been a member for a couple of months now. In the beginning it was great, but it has slowed down quite a bit. I’m lucky to make at least .10 cents in a month now. They still, however, Paypal me at least .01 cents if I don’t make any money in a month’s time.

Gefen

I earned $1.52 in just 2 minutes. Each ad pays around 25- 30 cents without waiting for 30 or 40 seconds. Its really better than other sites that require you to wait 30 seconds and pay 1 cent for each ad and have a minimum payout limit. I wish I find a couple of more sites like youdata and earn atleast 5$ each day without spending hrs on crap.

Wanda

I finally got verified! Had to use daughters cell #, made $2.53 the 1st day! Referred daughter, she used dad’s cell # & she made $2.53 as well. They have some really neat websites to view in clicking the ads as well!

Yeah, for finding YouData!

Lara

Yay, it works! Got almost $4.00 in my paypal account! I’ve been taking numerous surveys through other sites for nearly a year, and have yet to see any cash in exchange for all the personal info I give out. Nice to see instant cash and hope there’s more to come!

Patricia

I joined but I used my daughter’s cell phone as our has no text.I have yet to get ANY ads at all so that is a dissapointment.I have made no money since joining.

Carrie Parker

Well, I’m in Dallas and female, but not a mom (does my dog count?) I’ll just keep checking back!

Loanne

I checked to see if I got any more ads today but I didn’t have any. I clicked on the prompt that said, “Explain” and it took me to a site that stated:
    Glad you asked!

Here a few possible reasons:

Just so you know, though anyone can create a MeFile, YouData is most actively rolling out in 3 geographic/local markets in Texas, in addition to one very significant national demographic, online females and mommy bloggers. Hey – we have to start somewhere! If you live or go to school in the areas we are focusing, or are female, you should see the number of ads increasing relatively steadily and quickly. In other locations and demographics, it might take a little longer to see a significant number of ads flowing your way, but we WILL get to you.

2. Your MeFile is not complete enough to attract the ads relevant to your life.

3. You used all your ads for the time being. Be sure to try back soon.

***So I guess if you’re female and live in Texas, you have a better shot in making more money.

Carrie Parker

I’m anxious to see how others do with this. I have made $6.94 since March 11th. I’m confused about cookies, though. The Homepage has those comments about clearing them. Does that help? I have played around with the surveys to see if that generates more ads, like changing my music or shopping tastes/habits. The wine, reading and green section were not there when I joined, so I completed those and got .45 worth of ads. Well, I guess it’s $7.00 I did not have before, so I’ll stick with it. it’s much easier than spending 45 minutes on a survey and waiting 2 months for a $3.00 check.

Faridah

At first, I wasn’t gonna sign up because of the cell phone thing. Then I changed my mind. I got over $3.00 in a couple of seconds just like Steve said. It was nice to see something went into my paypal account. For those who don’t have a cell phone, if you are close with someone who has, maybe you can use their number… just a thought. I haven’t receieved any unwanted calls so it’s all good.

Loanne

Lisa: That’s odd. I can never log into the Adsget manually because it keeps giving me an error. However, I am able to log in through the ads gadget on my desktop.

Sandra

I hope everyone else got paid, I did.

lisa lewis

You Data is great. You go there daily and they have ads to click on. you have to be careful with the ad gadget downloader, it states that it may cause a virus. I just click on ads manually on the site.

Mark S.

I just signed up and got the text and email right away. I had no pending ads/offers, though. I’ll look forward to getting some soon. It’s an interesting program, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Loanne

Hey all! Yes indeed! I got paid today. I got $4.93. Yay!

Christopher

So how do you change to iTunes and Amazon instead of Paypal? Is that something you do after you sign up?

Amanda Jo

I was so excited about this when I read my “I’ve Tried That” email (which I do religiously) , but it really rather sux that you cannot join if you do not have a cell phone. I’ve spent soooo much time looking for legitimate oppurtunities online. Finally one comes along that is legitimate, that is still excepting new users, and I still cannot get involved. :0( !!!!

Carrie Parker

YouData is very prompt with payments and I have gotten my PayPal deposit every Friday. I filled out all of the survey info right away. I think I have been having a problem with cookies not staying on my computer which could be a reason I haven’t had as many ads lately. I have fixed this and am at $.56 for the week. Hardly breaking the bank, but it does work and is very legitamate. Oh yeah, I haven’t gotten any unsolicited texts or calls on my cell. Just the original text with the verification code.

t_ah_um

I can’t participate since I don’t use a cell phone .

Wanda

I still haven’t received my verification # by cell either Debi. I signed up yesterday & got my email verification but no text message. Guess I’ll check w/them a little later.

Debi

I have tried to sign up 4 times; I’ve included my cell #. I have not gotten a verification # from them.

Wanda

OH I live in US, and I did contact support. They said if it does not come through today to contact them tomorrow & they will have me send them a text. So, I’ll just wait, hopefully it will go through today, I hate missing out on money, lol.

Loanne

I’m also assuming you are US-based? Not out the country?

Loanne

You should contact either your cellphone co. or YouData. Was it one of the options in the pull-down menu?

Wanda

Maybe my cellphone company won’t allow it. As it’s been almost an hour now & I have clicked the button to resend it & it still hasn’t come through.

Loanne

Wanda: Mine came almost immediately.

Wanda

OK, well I bit the bullet, gave my cell #, but have yet to receive text message & support says it may take until tomorrow, so I’m in a waiting game now, lol

Andrea Gilgulin

I just filled out the survey info, too, and I don’t remember seeing it there before, either. I hope I get more ads & surveys now! :-}

Yikes! You are right! I’m jumping one day ahead thinking today is Friday! lol
    So sorry about that. I guess I’m just too eager for the weekend to begin! lol

Steve

Loanne-

I do believe payday is Friday, not Thursday. I was reading their forums, and a member of the staff has stated that sometimes payouts carry over into Saturday, depending on the speed of Paypal to issue them.

As for the cell phone test messaging issue, they do only text you once just to verify who you are. I haven’t received any unwanted call or texts since submitting my number.

Loanne

Wanda, the code is for verification purposes. Just to make sure you are a real person and that you are who you say you are. This is what they state in the Registration process. I’ve cut and pasted it here:

Account validation/activation
    YouData will never give out this information, and we will never SPAM you.

This information is only used for a two-part validation/activation process so we can ensure advertisers that you are a real and unique individual. You will receive one email message and one cellular text message each containing a validation/activation code.

If you have questions about this requirement, please visit our support site.

And here’s the link to their support site:

We should be getting paid sometime today. I’ll let you know if I didn’t get paid.

Wanda

so, what is the code for? I will get a .25 charge, but can I really make money on this site?

Loanne

Yes, they texted me the code immediately after inputting my cell #. I don’t know if they will charge me as I have a prepaid phone service.

Wanda

Loanne, did they text yours when you signed up?

Loanne

Sandra: I barely discovered that survey info today. I swear it wasn’t there when I registered! I got more surveys after filling those out and earned more money. We should be getting paid today in the afternoon, correct?

Wanda: I reread on their site that they only used your cell phone number just to verify that you’re you and a real person? I don’t think they use it for anything else. At least, I hope not!

Wanda

I didn’t finish filling out Sandra as it asked for cell # & I don’t give out my cell # & I do not have texting, or it charges me for it. Why do they need cell # also?

Sandra

Did anyone else fill out the survey info under the mefile tab? I did. After that, I went through the ads and earned $4.53. I just wondered if anyone else did.

Loanne

I’m also wondering why they need our cell phone #? I hope I don’t get spam calls from them.

Carrie Parker

Yes, PayPal does charge. My HUGE .15 payment was .16 before the fee. It’s not much, and is based on the payment received.

Loanne

If you have a basic personal account with Paypal, as opposed to a Premier/Business account, do you get charge a fee for accepting payment from them. I was reading in the Paypal fees, they state that it’s free to received if it’s by PayPal Balance, PayPal Instant Transfer or PayPal eCheck. If they are paying you via
    Credit Card, Debit Card or Buyer Credit, they charge you 4.9% + $0.30 USD (limit of 5 transactions per 12 month period)* for domestic or U.S. transactionsFees for cross border payments. Does anyone know?

Carrie Parker

I joined about 5 weeks ago. It’s a great idea, but currently it does not offer much. Here is a history of my earnings: Week 1 $4.55, Week 2 $1.50, Week 3 $.49, Week 4 $.15. As you can see, there is a steady drop each week. I think once they have more advertisers it will be better. I’ll keep using it as it takes very little effort and time, but don’t get your hopes up!!!!

Andrea Gilgulin

I joined and like you made $2.76! It will be interesting to see if it shows up in my PayPal. Then, I can use it for an ad site upgrade, LOL. I wonder if we will ever be given more ads to click on?

Thanks for the tip,

Andrea (Gillwho)

Wanda

It requires a cell number for a text message, which I do not have. It won’t allow the sign up process to go through w/o a cell number, so I can’t sign up.

Joshua

Lol, this is cool! O.k. so my account won’t be jumping up by the thousands but since I spend a lot of time on the web any way it’s kinda neat to get paid for viewing their sites. Lol, at the end of the day I made $2.61 I didn’t have yesterday. Thanks I’ve Tried That, oh and yes I did give you guys credit for the referal… it’s only fair for some thing that works.

JodieJane

Same. Hopefully that will change in the not-too-distant future, cause it sounds like a pretty good program. :-(

Lisa

Well, YouData would be even more awesome if it was open to non-US residents.