Home > Known Scams > Beware of Scott Hunter, ScottsMoneyBlog.com, and Google Fast Cash.

Beware of Scott Hunter, ScottsMoneyBlog.com, and Google Fast Cash.

I was browsing Facebook last night and saw the following ad on the sidebar: “Need an extra $10,000? Find out how to earn an extra $10,000. Anyone can apply.” Again, I didn’t make that up. It is an actual ad and as ridiculous as it is, people are falling for it.

ScottsMoneyBlog.com

The ad links to a website called ScottsMoneyBlog.com which isn’t really a blog at all, but rather a fake page designed to look like a blog. The page is run by Scott Hunter who is conveniently located in your home town. It doesn’t matter where you are in the world; Scott Hunter is your neighbor. This is actually a pretty deceptive trick that is accomplished by using a script that takes your IP address and tracks down your location to display it on the page. It makes it appear as if Scott was born and raised in sunny small town where-ever-the-hell-you’re-from and if he could do it, so could you. Let’s elaborate more on what the it is.

Scott Hunter, accompanied by his poorly photoshopped screenshots, claims to have went from working a grueling manufacturing job to earning upwards of $5,000 per month by simply posting links to Google. Scott learned how to post links to Google after sending $1.97 for his “free” Google Fast Cash kit. Look, I consider myself to be rather technically savvy. At the risk of sounding like a major geek, I won’t go into too much detail on the subject, but rest-assured, I’ve never heard of Google paying anyone for “posting links to Google.” Well, Scott, let’s see what all the fuss is about and click through on one of your many “Google Money” links.

Google Fast Cash and the Cash Secret Club

We’ve covered these “Google” products so many times in the past. So for now, I’m going to cut right to the chase. When you sign up for the “free” kit, you are agreeing to pay a ridiculous amount of money each month to memberships to various programs. These are programs that you’ve never heard of before and are of no use to you. More than likely, they simple exist to charge you money and that’s it.

Google Fast Cash is no different. If you were to read their Terms and Conditions page, you’ll find this line: “If you have not cancelled the free bonus within the 7 day trial period (if offered on product purchasing), you are agreeing to purchase the bonus material and/or service at a monthly reoccurring cost. The resource center is billed at $81.32 monthly.” That’s right. Each month, you will be billed $81.32 to use their “resource center.” Again, no mention as to what the hell the resource center is, just that you will have to pay to be a member.

Aside from the hefty monthly fees, you will get a CD shipped to your house. This CD will contain useless eBooks about affiliate marketing. Remember the part where Scott says he gets paid to post links on Google? Well, what he really meant to say was that he PAYS GOOGLE to place ads and then could possibly make a commission off of a sale if the person who clicked the link (which costs YOU money) and made a purchase. That’s right, you don’t get paid to post links, you have to put money out to post links. And trust me when I say, it ain’t cheap. Finally, if our previous reviews on fake Google products are any indication, this CD will be riddled with trojans and viruses and will best be suited for an extra coaster for when you have guests come visit.

Interested in getting your money back? Keep reading.

Hot Business Market Contact Information

The Google Fast Cash system is owned and operated by a company called Hot Business Market. If you’re looking to get a refund and cancel the membership you probably didn’t know you were agreeing to, here is who you have to contact.

Hot Business Market
1-800-235-1364
5348 Vegas Drive Suite 866
Las Vegas, NV, 89108

We are in no way, shape, or form affiliated with ScottsMoneyBlog, Google Fast Cash, or Hot Business Market. Reread the previous sentence before emailing us to refund you the money you lost to these guys. You need to call the 1-800 number listed above in order to cancel your membership and beg for a refund.

Stay away from these sites that claim to teach you how to make thousands of dollars for little or no work. Just remember, if it was that easy, why isn’t everyone already doing it?

1. Scott Hunter says:

I am not THAT Scott Hunter, I work at the Center for Mental Health in Great Falls, MT.

2. How can one get hold of the lazy man. Would like to show him how hard an African can hit him in his face…….

3. Has anyone heard of Paul Moon? Cover letter talked about Scott Hunter’s article regarding this guy. Used to work for Best Buy and after two months in one of Scott’s programs, selling other companies products, he was rolling in the $$$$. Not this particular program. Glad I checked it out.

4. I actually think it should be a huge red flag that the comments on these types of pages are disabled always….

I fell victim to something similar but had a woman’s profile instead and paid my $2.97 s/h fee and I read the site to make sure that was all it would be. Later that day they charged my bank account $134 Then when I called to get my money back they basically told me it was my fault for not click a tiny little link at the absolute bottom of the site that said terms and conditons.

5. […] 06/11/2009 (IveTriedthat.com): Beware of Scott Hunter, ScottsMoneyBlog.com and Google Fast Cash […]

6. So, I’m wondering….are there any ‘real’ work at home programs out there. I’m disabled and unable to work now since being hurt on the job. I was a stay at home mom for years, although I did work when I was younger, then again after the kids were grown, but I don’t have much paid in to social security, so I don’t receive much of an income from it. I’m trying to find something legit that I can do from home, on the internet, but don’t have cash/income for any startup costs. If you have any info that can help me, I’d greatly appreciate it. I’m barely hanging on here….don’t want to drown in the sea of poverty. Thanks for any and all help! God Bless. Jackie

7. William Judd says:

June 19,2009

Hey Guy,

I just wanted to respond to this Google “work @ home series. I, myself am right in the middle of a scuffle with one of the Google work at home opportunities, as I am typing this

What’s going on, is that I recently sent for a CD Google Profits was offering for only S/H charges. Upon bringing up my banking statement, I come across a charge for $98.04 that was withdrawn By Google Riches.
    I immediately called the telephone number on the jacket that the CD came in. I questioned the rep about as to why a charge was taken out of my account. It was explained to me that Google Profits were getting alot of calls about the same thing I was calling about. It seems that Google Riches are sending out the CD that actually belongs to Google Profits without them knowing about it. Google Riches is then charging the $98.04 monthly fee for the Google Profits CD.

I’ve tried to call Google Riches, but all I get is a recording directing my call to voice mail. I intend to keep on them. Whoever they are, one way or another, I will get that money refunded.

I just can’t believe the B/S going on right now about these people messing with other people who are just trying to keep their head above water. It’s beyond pathetic.

Well, take good care of yourself ’cause nobody else will. GOD Bless.

1. Let us know how it goes, Bill. These people are pond scum.

8. Thank you so much for these articles. I saw the google ad in my yahoo email was about to apply. Some instinct told me to look on the web and see if there are some articles about it. I came here. I’m so glad I wasn’t suckered in. You do a great service.

Thanks again, KR

9. I’ve been seeing these pop up for a while now myself. I’ve always had a sneaky feeling that they were not about AdSense but adWords and aff links.

I have a special system I use to retaliate against these types of ads… I click on them. Everytime I see one of these ads show up I click on it as long as the ad is CPC in nature.

The way I see it I’m hitting these scammers where it hurts by costing them money and then not buying. The best is to click on these ads after doing a google search for making money online. Those ads show up right in the google search results so I don’t need to worry about a ‘friendly’ site losing their adsense account on behalf of my crusade.

when you consider the low comission rate many companies pay on aff sales (Dell and Apple come to mind) I have to wonder how anyone can make money using Adwords and aff links. when you add in the rules most companies use in regards to bidding on their trademarks it gets even harder to understand how someone could make money with this method.

10. The classic Angela Penbrook scam of “post this and type that” will never cease I guess. I apologize for crediting her with this particular scam…she certainly was not the originator. They are so easy to see since I’ve been coming to this website. And, as gleaned from a post here or there http://www.workathomenoscams.com/ is also a great website. Good job guys and I hope you can reach many before the Angela’s and google fake ads tear their lives up.