Home > Annoucements > Update on Noah Biorkman

Update on Noah Biorkman

Remember our post a few days ago inviting everyone to send a Christmas card to a little boy sick with cancer?

This is an update for those of you not following the story at carepages.com. The family now asks that no more cards be sent:

Wow! The outpouring of love and concern for Noah is just amazing! Scott and I never in a million years thought that so many people would want to send Christmas cards to Noah. However, please note: We did already celebrate Christmas LAST Sunday — November 8th.

PLEASE STOP SENDING CARDS AND GIFTS!!!!

Noah is very ill. He is not getting out of bed and it’s time for Scott, our families, and I to concentrate on our son. His time is very short and he needs us.

Scott and I would like to say thank you so much for the support and continued show of love. However, we are asking that everyone please stop sending cards and gifts.

Also, everyone please post the stop order on Facebook and any other websites or organizations that you belong to. We need the peace right now.

Thank you for your understanding in this request.

How much mail did Noah get? On Nov. 11, the family announced:

We received 80,000 pieces of mail on Monday alone!

Eighty. Thousand. Cards. Wow. God, are you listening?

Thanks for your support, folks. You’re a good bunch of people. Makes me wonder what else we could accomplish in this little corner of cyberspace with the holidays on the horizon.

Any ideas? Speak up in the comments.

1. Just wanted to let you know that my daughter’s 5th grade class will be sending cards to the soliders! I was so excited that her teacher thought it was a good idea.
    Thanks for sharing the information with us so we could be involved! :)

2. Reply
  3. These are great ideas…keep them coming and I’ll start the research.

4. I’d like to know too! :)

5. I think sending cards to the soldiers would be a wonderful idea! Can someone provide the address where they could be sent to? I am definetly not in the situation that I can afford to send gifts or money to anyone but I think we can all afford a card and a stamp to the heroes that are out there fighting for us.

6. How about cards for the brave men and women serving our country in Afghanistan & Iraq? The ones that won’t be home for Christmas with their families while they serve to keep us safe?

7. Todd Hawkins, Charlottesville, VA says:

Just thought of another idea, Hospice does great work–both my mother and her mother passed away in the comfort and peace of Hospice care. You can donate to that cause in any number of ways: time, money, food, etc.

8. Todd Hawkins, Charlottesville, VA says:

With winter fast approaching and record unemployment, I think anything that helps homeless or the less fortunate. I know many food banks are running low due to demand. People need blankets, kids need coats and there’s even a way to donate money to help struggling owners/elderly pay utilities or for fuel oil, etc. With our economy wrecked, there are no shortage of ideas.

9. My church, Followers of Christ Church, 406 Tawakoni Dr, Wills Point, TX, supports a missionary to Sri Lanka. She evidently touched these people so much that they named an orphanage after her.

The orphanage needs everything. There are ten children of all ages.

Please email me if you want to help us out as God lays it on your heart.

Thanking you in advance!