Home > Affiliate marketing > Join Wealthy Affiliate Today and I’ll Refund Half of Your Signup Fee.

Join Wealthy Affiliate Today and I’ll Refund Half of Your Signup Fee.

I’ve Tried That is holding a little Black Friday special of our own that starts today and lasts until the end of Friday. I am offering to refund you half of your membership fee when you sign up for Wealthy Affiliate. You sign up, I send you $20. It’s that easy.

What is Wealthy Affiliate?

Wealthy Affiliate is an online training program designed to teach you, the inexperienced beginner, on how to become a successful Internet marketer. No prior knowledge is needed and no technical skills are required. Of all the reviews I’ve conducted over the years, Wealthy Affiliate is by far the most complete and easiest to use training method that anyone can receive if they are trying to make money online.

Affiliate Marketing works like this. You help customers connect with other peoples products or services. You don’t have to worry about shipping, inventory, payments, customer service, or any of those headaches. What you do is help a customer find a product or service then rake in commissions whenever they make a purchase.

Here’s a scenario. Say someone comes online and is searching for an acne cure. They Google ‘How can I get rid of pimples?’ One of the search results would then be an article you wrote on the topic (Wealthy Affiliate teaches you all about how to write articles, get them online, and get them included in search engines). Your article details various methods on how to cure acne. One of your methods is an acne cream. In your article you link to a company that sells acne creams. If the person reading your article clicks on that link and then makes a purchase, you get a percentage of the sale as commission.

So, no products, inventory etc. Just connecting people with products and services. That’s what Wealthy Affiliate teaches you how to do.

Affiliate Marketing isn’t really limited. There are seriously millions of things you can market. If you can buy something online, there is probably an affiliate program available. Every member of wealthy affiliate is not promoting the same products/services. You pick and choose what you want to market.

I highly recommend it because it offers real income potential and meets my scam-free criteria: it delivers what it promises; there are no hidden charges; you can contact real people; and it offers high-quality information. It is the same program that I’ve used to build successful websites that have allowed me to work full time from home.

Wealthy Affiliate Features

Here is just a short list of a few things Wealthy Affiliate has to offer.

• One-on-one Personalized Training—You will learn (at the pace you set!) the step-by-step methods that will show you how to build a steady income online.
  • Beginner-Friendly Forums—This is the best part of Wealthy Affiliate. Here’s why:
    • There are over 30,000 members in the private forum.
    • Forum members include those who have never heard of affiliate marketing before to those making over $100,000 per year doing so.You’ll get friendly answers to all of your questions.
    • You’ll read first-hand accounts of exactly what works and how to replicate success.
    • You can work with and seek out help from experienced marketers.
    • Read one of the thousands of success stories for inspiration.
  • Earn As You Learn—Forget spending months reading articles with no return. You’ll be making money as you go.
  • “Members Only” Work At Home Job Board—If you need to take a break from affiliate marketing, you can pick up one of the hundreds of freelance gigs that are available to Wealthy Affiliate members only.
  • Free Web Site Creation and Hosting—You don’t have to know how to setup a Web site, nor will you have to pay more money to do so. All of this is included in your membership and it couldn’t be easier to get started.
  • Easy-To-Follow Video Training—If you’re more of a visual learner, Wealthy Affiliate has tons of training videos to help you get started.

Update: This promotion has expired.

We are no longer offering refunds for joining the program, but you can still sign up and become a member of Wealthy Affiliate.

Click here to read more about Wealthy Affiliate now.

1. I wanted to add that I also understand that paying the fee is a way to see if I am actually serious and that if I quit it would only be me who lost money.

My family barely has the money to pay for groceries (people have it worse. this is not me whining. I promise.) That is reason I want to get started. What would your advice be?

1. Hi Brie,
      (I love brie, btw.) In all honesty, if you would be taking grocery money to sign up, I would recommend waiting until you’re a little more stable. If things are that tight, my experience has been that you would be too stressed to learn the lessons effectively or well. Sorry–I wish they had a scholarship program, but I don’t know of one.

2. I believe wealthy affiliate is a good company. I was referred by a website I trust and given the information I needed. The problem I have is start up capitol. I understand why they charge and I would be glad to pay with money I earn. Wealthy affiliate tells you from the beginning it will take time and patience. My problem is I might have $40 to spend for the first month, Robbing Peter to pay Paul, but not for the second month or vice versa. I wonder if there is some sort of “scholarship” or “loan program”. So that the money gets paid back but when you start making money. ( and yes I do understand the whole “tire kicker” thing.)

I also wonder with all the people that are already affiliates, if I can make any money. Basically is it saturated market. If not then why isn’t it?

3. I may have been a bit harsh. I’ve spent the last 2 weeks getting e-mails from “Nancy,” “Sara,” “Yong,” “Amy,” “Joven,” “Tiffany,”… the list goes on. I think it was “Nancy” that lead me here. “Nancy” was from CompSystems, Inc. She wanted me to take an online job compatibility test, which, as a show of good faith, I embarked on. That is, until the portion on following directions was directing me to sign up for Partner with Paul. Instead of partnering with Paul, I guessed the answers to the questions to see if there was anywhere at the end to actually post my resume. Of course, there was not. So looking up to confirm that Partner with Paul was a scam lead me here. I was so mad about the whole thing that I wrote a nasty e-mail back to the dead end computer we’ll call “Nancy,” knowing that no one was ever going to read it. The internet has made finding a job more frustrating and difficult than ever, and I guess it’s just getting to me. Sorry for accusing you of not being real people. And if you’re not, then you are very smart computers, and that’s admirable too.

4. Yeah “Ruth”, we’re real.
    I subscribed to any comments on this specific topic, so that’s how I noticed your comment in case you wondered.

We have two completely different emails (I don’t even know if his is there), and I’ve been advertising my shirt website in my posts this whole time under my name. I doubt the authors of this site would advertise a third party site so discretely.

5. Hi “Ruth”

I wrote an original article, then Julian commented on it, I clarified, then moved my comments up into the article to clarify for everyone right off the bat.

I don’t know why you’re quoting our names. We’re real people.

6. You’re seriously going to recommend a service like this? Did no one notice that when “Steve” replied to “Julian’s” posting asking for a clarification of what affiliate marketing is that “Steve” directly quoted the portion of the article devoted to what affiliate marketing is?

7. And what ways are those joe?

8. “The Man”-

Of course this is hard work. Hell, internet marketing has become my full-time job. There is no easy way to make money. Were you expecting to sign up then have Wealthy Affiliate deposit hundreds of dollars into your bank account on a daily basis? It doesn’t work that way! You have to work for your money.

Different program offer different commissions. The Best Buy example was just an easy way to explain the process.

Julian-

Marketing isn’t really luck. It’s a skill that you develop. You can learn the hard way of what works and what doesn’t on your own, or you can join a program like Wealthy Affiliate and have an instruction set to follow and guidance and you’ll be taught effective methods of marketing. They will teach you how to get your articles and websites ranked in Google and how to drive traffic to them. That’s all part of the program.

1. Also, it’s important to note that writing articles like Steve describes is just one way to earn money. There are other ways, some of which are less time consuming than doing the research and writing an article for every product you want to promote.

9. Is Commission Junction partnered with WA?

And as far as the marketing goes, I’m starting to get the picture, however how do people get traffic? I’ve had a bunch of squidoo lenses up for close to 5 months now, running on the same sort of commission-based system, and have only made 13 cents.
    How are people going to notice our blogs and things?

It just feels really risky to spend $40 a month on something that people MIGHT buy if you get really lucky. You know?

10. From what I’ve read and gleaned from your article here, the WA sounds very time consuming. If you have to write articles on every product, that includes researching the product, and learning everything about the product you can. And this program costs $40 a month? Isn’t that a little much? I would be interested though if it was maybe say $10 a month. But you have to write a ton of articles and spend a LOT of time doing this to probably make a profit if you’re only getting 3% commissions or probably not more than 10% commissions. I don’t see the profitability in something such as this.

11. Matt-

Right now, it’s offered through Paypal. But I could send out an online gift certificate to Amazon or another retailer if you prefer.

12. Julian-

There are a few major affiliate companies that anyone can sign up for. The biggest one out there is Commission Junction and they’re partnered with nearly every single online retailer. They handle everything from affiliate links to paying out commissions.

Here’s a real example, say you want to write an article on a new TV that’s coming out. You can setup an affiliate account with Best Buy through Commission Junction (I think they offer 3% commissions), write your article praising the new TV, then link to the TV on Best Buy’s website. A reader reads your article, follows your link, and then makes a $2500 new tv purchase. You get a $75 commission. It’s not so much selling as it is marketing.

Clear a few things up?

13. how are you paying this 20 dollars… i hate paypal, i am also signing up tomorrow. let me know thanks

14. Ah I see. That makes much more sense.

That sparked a few more questions though:
    How exactly do we receive the commissions for the products, if say, the company that sells the acne cream is different from the company that sells various electronics.
    Does the membership have partnerships with these companies already established so we don’t have to go through negotiation, or is it one giant database of products from various partnered dropshippers?

And also, I’m getting the idea that the method is not at all linear, but more of a creative “advertising” aspect? (Like through Squidoo, Facebook, Twitter, Websites, or even local advertising?) And then WA simply gives us the resources to actually offer products while earning commissions?

It sounds like a pretty sweet idea, and I feel like I could definitely get involved. I’ve tried everything from working for texting services like KGB and ChaCha to having my own T-Shirt design place with Zazzle (see website), and this sounds like the most promising yet. I’ve looked in to dropshipping as well, but have never been able to find any good products, or a wide variety, offered. (Thus my hesitation)

However, I’m still cloudy on how we can earn commissions on almost everything, unless WA is partnered with almost every company out there.

Thanks for the time to answer!

15. Julian-

Thanks for the question. I was trying to figure out how to explain it in my post, but your comment helped me narrow down my thoughts.

Did that clear some things up? Keep asking questions!

16. While I strongly trust the suggestions on this site, I’m still a little nervous as to spending $40/mo to get started. (Even with the extra chip-in from you for the first month)

I don’t quite understand what the program is. What exactly are we marketing, and where are we getting our supplies? (If there are any)
    And if there are that many members, isn’t there a boatload of competition?

Not at all trying to rip on it, I’m just genuinely curious in trying the program but feel slightly nervous.