Home > Program Reviews > Investigating GoFreelance. Is GoFreelance.com a Scam?

Investigating GoFreelance. Is GoFreelance.com a Scam?

A few emails have come in lately asking me to check out GoFreelance.com. They are targetting people who are looking to start work at home careers. On the surface, it looks like they’re just collecting freelance job leads and charging a monthly fee to gain access to the jobs. For a full-time freelancer or someone looking to break into the business this could very well be worth it, right?

But when you start digging around the site, you’ll find some interesting claims. My personal favorite? “It’s no accident that a high percentage of freelancers make over $100,000 per year. With the right skills, you can even make over a million dollars a year.”

That’s right. They claim that most freelancers make over $100,000 a year and even a million dollars a year isn’t out of the question. I can tell you right now that there isn’t a single full-time freelancer that makes that much money doing simple work from home that anyone can do. But even that doesn’t compare to the jobs they claim they have available.

Is GoFreelance a Scam?

GoFreelance wants you to first sign up for a $7 7-day trial membership to get a feel for what the site has to offer. After that, they will charge you $49.95 per month for access to their freelance job lists.

Here’s an sample of the type of work they claim you can do. Note: I am pulling this text directly off of their site.

Entering data into forms – $325.00 per day
Completing opinion surveys – $40.00 per hour
Writing articles and stories – $60.00 per hour
Editing documents – $300.00 per day
Answering and sending emails – $190.00 per day
Get Paid To Watch You Tube Videos – $225.00 per day

And I say, what a load of crap.

Just for fun, here are the estimated annual salaries that GoFreelance claims you can make doing these jobs.

• Data Entry: $118,625
  • Completing Surveys: $83,200
  • Writing Articles: $124,800
  • Editing Documents: $109,500
  • Sending Emails: $69,350
  • And my absolute personal favorite, Browsing Youtube: $82,125

There’s no such thing as simple work that pays that high. Again, these types of fantasy jobs DO NOT EXIST.

Finally, I want to point out a paragraph from an article that the owner of GoFreelance has written for the site. The title of the article is called “The Truth About Data Entry Jobs” and he/she writes…

Legitimate work from home data entry jobs pay minimum wage, or a little above. The best ones might pay $10-$12 per hour, depending on the cost of living in the area of the job poster. Keep in mind that most legitimate employers won’t need a steady full time data entry person, so the work will be sporadic. Very few people find jobs paying $12 per hour that actually give them eight hours of work per day. If a company had that much data entry to be done, they would hire a full-time on-site employee.

First they say you can make upwards of $60 an hour doing data entry, then they specify that no one is going to find a job that pays $12 an hour. They also make the claim that you can make over eighty thousand dollars per year WATCHING YOUTUBE VIDEOS.

Against my better judgement, I am going to sign up for their 7 day trial to give you a look at what they’re really offering.

I have a feeling that I already know how this review is going to go.

Stay tuned.

1. I really appreciate this site. I am about to sign up the 7 day trial but they require a paypal account.thanks

2. Hi Friends,

Gofreelance is absolutley a scam website, I give some of the real genuine websites does not need any money from US.
    ■oDesk
    ■Elance
    ■Craigslist
    ■GetaFreelancer
    ■BizReef
    ■ProBlogger Job Board
    ■Project4Hire

3. As someone who has actively promoted job sites, all of which are free, I can say from experience that Go Freelance looks slick but they are bogus. Forget the fact that there is no need to pay for browsing for legit jobs online, the freelance jobs offered within Go Freelance are nothing better than your average work at home scams. Do not give them you money…

4. GoFreelance used to send me emails all the time for their 7 day trial. Seemed harmless enough, but I couldn’t get with this outrageous charge of $49 dollars a month. We’re looking for jobs online and membership fee is way too expensive for sketchy jobs that more then likely you wouldn’t get. I don’t want to pay for a job.

5. WARNING! WATCH YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT. DO NOT TRUST THEM EITHER.

Esp if you have a checking account linked to PayPal. It may be best just to add funds when necessary. Otherwise, bastards like GoFreelance pretty much still have access to your bank.

6. why do we still have sites like these on the net?

7. hi steve. thanks for i was about to sign up and so lucky that i never go throught to it. for they keep on sending emails and reminder for the job
    that is waiting to earn money

8. DO NOT TRUST GO FREELANCE. IT LOOKS LEGIT, BUT IT IS A SCAM!!! TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN! THEY WILL SCAM YOU!!

I tried to cancel my Go Freelance account within the 7 day period, but when I tried the link they provided in order to cancel, it was a dead end. Then they claimed, well you agreed to the terms. They provided false information. Therefore any contract is void.

9. I am thankful I found this site. I’m almost sign up to gofreelance.

@ Eds, like what Jong said, PAYPAL is real.

Thanks to all for a valuable information.

10. Hello Eds, PayPal is REAL.

Hi Steve, is there any development in your investigation last April?
    Thanks!

11. Thanks guys but no trust on these things. Do you know any website that offers online jobs for reasonable payment?

12. Hi Steve,

I really appreciate this site. I am about to sign up the 7 day trial but they require a paypal account. I signed up for paypal but they still require to confirm my credit card number before paying in. I just want to know if paypal is for real. Im afraid because I post all the information about my 2 credit cards there. Please advise.Thanks!

13. thanks a lot ,steve. 7 dollars isn’t a big deal,but it wastes my time ,and also I need to delete alot of spams from their website. I have been US for 2 years,I really want to find a job ,this is why I believe what they said too easier.I am not totally stupid,before I will sign up ,I found u .

thank again.

14. Thanks a lot Steve, I nearly paid for the 7 day trial, but when I was asked to enter my card info, I waited and found you.. .. Thanks for saving my time and money… Good Luck.

15. Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for your post! I’m about to sign up the GoFreelance :(

I’m looking for freelance job. Can you please kindly give me some advice?

Thanks.

Warmest regards,
    Btze

16. Thanks for the update on this page… I appreciate your work!

17. Reply
  18. So Steve, What have you found?? Are you neglecting you own article here?? We are curious… How long should we stay tuned?

Signed, Still Waiting

19. i’m a freelancer on internet try on fiverr.com also the other like freelancer. first i wanna try gofreelance. but after i see your post, maybe i should keep my cash first for the others.

thanks

20. currently, i do still receiving emails from go freelance. I doubt to join too.

21. Katrina Aldan says:

Thanks for the info, I almost signup but I thought it was too good to be true. But I did get scam with Real Data Entry paid $49.95 to get in & got 3 to 4 ads daily to review & answer their questions like an essay format. When u reach $1,000.00 US Dollars u get paid. Never got paid, they said every one of my reviews was wrong, not one was correct.. So I wasted my time & never got my registration fee back… I did not know about paypal at the time, & was very new to the internet & it’s ways of making money… Now I don’t join anything that wants u to pay to get paid…. I only do the FREE paid-to-click ads even if it’s cents….

22. steve i advice u not to try because they practice what they say, i have to a cancel my credit card subscription,i even had it tough coz they were still interested in deducting their monthly subscription.They intentionally put few jobs for thousand prospective job seekers so how do get a job ?

23. There are plenty of good freelance websites out there. Freelancer.com is one that I’ve worked through, and you only a pay a fee if you get the job. There are some other ones that are good as well, like oDesk and eLance.

24. Steve,
    It is a load of bull. I get their newsletter everyday multiple times a day. It’s nothing but scams. I’m a freelance writer and I know how difficult it is to find legitimate jobs online. They don’t do anything but take advantage of people who want to work from home.

25. Did you have any problems cancelling? I’m thinking of creating a Paypal account just so I don’t continually get billed.

26. I already know what they’re offering. NOTHING!!!! I was stupid enough to sign up for it twice. It had been years ago when I first signed up with them. I didn’t make anything with them then. Although, some of the employers ask you to contact them using their email address which is listed with the job description. I did get an online job at one of the sites. The other was another scam. I guess it’s all in who you choose, but Gofreelancer did not get me anything.