Beware of GoFreelance.com

I received quite a few emails last week warning me not to do this, but I went ahead and signed up at GoFreelance.com anyway. Will I ever learn? No, probably not. Here’s what I found out…

Don’t Sign Up for GoFreelance

GoFreelance is spamming up inboxes left and right claiming you can make a ridiculous amount of money for doing simple tasks like data entry, writing articles, and even watching YouTube videos. Yes, YouTube videos. In fact, here’s a paragraph I’ve pulled directly off of their site.

Get Paid To Watch You Tube Videos ($225.00 per day)
A fast-growing social media company is looking for freelancers to work from home reviewing video content. You will be required to watch and comment on videos produced by the company, providing feedback to help the company fine tune and enhance its online video marketing. Regular work is available for people able to make useful and helpful comments. You must be able to work from your own home, and have regular access to the Internet.

Click here to apply for this job

Now I watch a TON of YouTube videos. Way more than anyone should ever watch. If anyone is qualified to watch YouTube videos and get paid for it, it’s definitely me. The ad states that regular, PAYING work is available for those to watch YouTube videos and leave comments on them. They even say to click here to apply for the job.

Before you can apply for the job, you have to sign up to become a member. It costs $1 per day for the first 7 days, and then $49.95 every 30 days after that. I sent in my dollar, created my account, and logged in.

The first thing I’ve noticed is how poorly this site is laid out. There is zero organization. You can browse all jobs (and there are updated job listings), but that just gives you the title of the job and the description. You can not sort jobs by wage, date posted, name, or anything for that matter. It’s just a giant mess of text and links.

As for the jobs themselves, they are garbage.

If you joined because you were looking to make hundreds of dollars per day doing easy work, forget about it. There were a few job listings for “data entry clerks” but the one offered to pay $40 per week and you have to live in India and there were a couple others that were just ads to sucker you into losing money to a data entry scam. There are some job listings that actually look legitimate, but if you aren’t an experienced graphic designer or a web developer, you probably don’t qualify.

I actually did find the “Get Paid to Watch YouTube” job ad. A guy named Bob Perry was hiring for this position. Coincidentally, he had another ad posted saying he wanted to pay someone $3000 per week to post comments on Facebook. I applied for both jobs to see if I could get more information out of this guy, but the site said I had to wait 30 days for the job posting to expire before I would hear back from him on whether or not I got the job.

Yea, I’m not waiting.

I’m assuming “Bob Perry” is just a fake account used by the owners of GoFreelance to trick you into thinking that there are jobs that pay $3,000 a week to leave comments on Facebook and Youtube. Here’s a hint: there aren’t and I’m not sticking around to find out if I got the job. I’m cancelling my membership right now.

How to Cancel Your GoFreelance Membership

The one redeeming aspect of the site is that your subscription is handled through Paypal. This means that you can log in any time and delete your subscription to prevent these guys from taking any more money. Paypal is even nice enough to send you the details on how to do it after you signup.

If you would like to cancel this subscription, log in to your PayPal account and go to the “History” subtab of the “My Account” tab. Choose “Subscriptions” from the pull-down “Show” menu and press the “Submit” button. Choose this subscription, and click on its “Details” link. You will be taken to a Transaction Details page from which you may cancel your subscription. Cancelling your subscription will immediately stop all future scheduled payments for this subscription.

Finally, there’s no such thing as an “easy $2,750 per week.”

Don’t let someone trick you into believing you can make over $100,000 per year by doing simple, easy-to-do tasks. If it was that easy to make that much money, then why isn’t everyone staying at home and becoming a millionaire just by watching YouTube? Just use a bit of common sense when you’re looking for online jobs and you’ll survive just fine.

I have been building six figure businesses online and helping others do the same since 2007. Let me show you how it's done. Click here to learn how to build a real business online.

1. There is only one legal way to earn money and that is hard work. All the tricks in the internet are scams. These scamsters are probably the only guys who make quick bucks online

2. I was to give my mastercard details in order to have access to the “well paying jobs”. I thought they were genuine like the on research companies which i have been working with one being allwriting.net. And by the way does somebody need to give all that information when paying by mastercard? I think they can use your mastercard to consume all the money on mastercard. Thanks steve.

3. Theagarajan says:

Thanks a lot for the info. I also wasted my money (one subscription) with GoFreelance (Fraud people).

4. Dear Steve,

I can’t thank you enough for creating this site for many dumb people in the world ..just like myself who was about to sign up for this kinda prog…May god bless you for doing such a good deeds to the world…

5. i’ve tried this too and honestly what a fraud! Luckily for me that I notice this scam early, my only problem left is how to cancel my subscription and thank god i found this article. it was a big help. ha! i cancel it in only in a minute in my paypal account! Thank you very much! I am already panicking but you save my neck! :)

6. These people need stopping in their tracks, something has to be done, there should be a petition through Parliment wheras any sites that are found to be conning people, the owners should pay a fine or do some kind of community service, something, anything. Whats the bloody goverment doing about this??

7. if i close the paypal account wil it work 4 me to cancel the membership?

8. Elizabeth Humphrys says:

Barry and Simoin, I guess you contact your credit card provider and ask them how to cancel. As a last resort, you can certainly ‘loose’ your card and have to have a new one issued…it will have a new number and all old direct debits will no longer apply.

9. Elizabeth Humphrys says:

Great review…I’m very glad I read it just in case I was actually stupid enough to fall for the Go Freelance scam.

10. i have the same problem as barry. how can you unsubscribe if you didnt use pay pal and used a card.

11. barry freeman says:

can someone help me with this i signed up for gofreelance using my credit card not paypal now i want to unsubcribe and stop them from using my credit card details for taking out more money can someone tell me how that can be done .

12. Thank you so much for your honest comments, much time and money saved.

13. Thanks.

For past one week or so they are bombarding me with job vacancies.

I knew from the very out set they are scammers. Be aware of this gofreelance people. Frauds.

14. Thanks for the review I will always remember that and I will stay away from that site. There isn’t really easy money in this world.

15. Yeah, I can completely agree, there was one that said “Writing Articles: $60.00 per hour. There’s no way. I’m a freelance writer, and I work at sites like textbroker, break studios, Internet Brands, and Wordgigs, but it pays 10.00-30.00 an hour. However the higher the pay, the more requirements and guidelines to meet. It’s far from easy. And to keep an 8 hour day, you have to have more than one contract. That’s why I have 4. And I make like 2,000 a month. But I’m used to college writing, and researching quickly. Some of them don’t just take anyone either. It takes a lot of skill. And some people won’t qualify for the higher paying companies. I hope this helps someone, if they do want to write articles.

16. S.J. Hall says:

I really enjoy your insights on all theses scams going around. I’m receiving so many I just laugh and forward them to my friend.

17. Thanks Steve, thank-you very much for that, I just can’t believe that you are doing all this stuff for nothing!!

I hope there are more guys like you to eliminate these ****** scammers who want to suck every penny of our hard earned money!!

And Again, thanks for that!
    Otto from New Zealand

18. Thanks, alot for the info. I appreciate people like you that follow up on these scammers and keep us informed on who to watch out for. There are good online companies to work with, we just to be very careful and research each one before joining.