Here are the latest submissions for my weekly scam roundup. If you have received any similar emails, please forward them along to Steve@IveTriedThat.com. I’ll post them here to help protect others from falling for these scams.
Scam Email #1
—– Forwarded Message —-
From: Helaine Mortimer
Sent: Wed, September 1, 2010 11:41:53 PM
My name Helaine Mortimer .
We are happy to inform you that there are new positions of operational managers opened by our firm in your district. I wish you would make acquainted with this email closely and decide whether you are an adequate applicant for this job position. We are the renowned food firm that was set up in Eastern Europe , has divisions in Canada and Costa Rica and trades in their goods all over the world.
– Higher education completed or not completed
– Attentiveness , preciseness and responsibility – Basic acquaintance with pack including Microsoft Word and Excel
– Equipment for remote work via Internet.
– Ability come up to the deadline
– Age over 25
– Dealing with payment transactions completed by our customers including predominantly wire transfers
– Ensuring the implementation of money transactions
– Delivering a detailed record of operations implemented
– Delivering of financial statements
– Managing your own customer base
– Base income of $2000 (after a month probation period)
-5% bonus completed assignments
– All expenses related to banking transactions and Western Union transactions will be paid by the corporation.
NOTE: This position can be applied only by the US citizens.
If you are eager to get more detailed information about this job vacancy and our corporation , contact me via email . Hope to talk with you soon,
Scam Email #2
From: Christopher Walton
Sent: Fri, September 3, 2010 7:17:34 PM
Subject: Re: EWN Job Offer
We need you as our company payment receiver(financial operator) in your country from our customers that we have rendered products and services. its been a problem and extra cost for our client to make payment to us in england because of the currency difference. so some clients dont get to make our payments to us. we want you to be our payment receiver in europe. They will make the payment to you in euro currency and You will get 10% of any payment you receive from our customers and send balance to us in england. You can keep any job you have at the moment, plus you can work from home. payment processing will only take 3 to 5 hours of your time weekly without stress. you will make up to 1000euros weekly for extra income if you are honest with our funds.
If you are interested…please reply me back with this information request below
Phone Number / Cell Number:
please do make all response to
Company Registered No : 05280358
Registered Office : 10 Church Road, Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, SKB 7JU
VAT No: 851 740 136
Scam Email #3
Subject: Mystery shopper rep needed in your area – GET PAID WEEKLY ($342).
From: jeremy bright
My name is jeremy bright I will like you to become our mystery shopper.
You will earn $342 by been a mystery shopper. Your employment packet include
business evaluation form, a training assignment which will be send to you
after you received payment for the assignment. Paycheck would be sent to you
for the assignment by Certified Check or money order. You are to deduct your
$342 which will be your wages, and the rest would be used for the evaluation
at the store that would be sent to you.
Your Employment packets are as follows:
1. Business evaluation form: This is the form you are required to fill after
you visit any shopping mall in your area, you would be given the store name
and address. You are required to evaluate its customer service and quality
control after their services are rendered to you. You would require filling
a form to rate the employee(s), the form would be given to you after the
2. Training Assignment: You are hired to evaluate the quality of services
the store or mall that would be given to you. You are needed to rate the
employees. Please note, this is a part-time activity.
If you are interested and willing to work with us, Email me the below
Residential Address :
Preferred Time to Call:
Can you Check email at least twice Daily:
Thanks For Your Understanding
Scam Email #4
From: “Mary Smith”
I have a business proposal that will be of immense benefit to the both of us. I have acquired your email address as a person who is actively involved in or is looking for a part time job from home to compliment current earnings. Would you like to work online from home and get paid weekly ? If you will like to work online from home and get paid weekly without leaving or affecting your present job?
1. Receive payments from Clients
2. Cash Payments
3. Deduct 10 percent which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.
4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to (Payment is to be forwarded by Western Union Transfer Minus Western Union Charges).
Your Tasks Are
1. Receive payment from Customers via UPS or FedEx and you will be provided with tracking number to check the status of the payment.
2. Cash Payment at your Bank ( Payment Would come in your Full Name to enable you cash at your bank )
3. Deduct 10 percent which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed for a start
4. Forward balance after deduction of your percentage/pay to any of the Offices you will be contacted to send payment to. ( Payment is to be Forwarded by Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram ). Local Money transfer take barely hours, so it will give us a possibility to get customer’s payment almost immediately.
5. Transfer Charges are to be deducted from our funds and not from your 10 Percent
No start up payment, No tax involved, Bank Account Details or Personal information other than Your Name, Address and Phone number is only needed. Strictly Legal. Therefore, if you are interested in joining this venture kindly email back with the following details to start job immediately.
Address (Inclusive Street No. & Name , City, State and Zip code),
Cell Phone And Home Phone,
Approval email will be sent to you as soon as your application is approved.
Thanks In Advance