Beware of Michael A. Jacobs and Simply-Assistants.com

There’s a new scam populating CareerBuilder and Monster and it’s using the name Simply Do It Assistants run by a guy named Michael A. Jacobs. He claims that his business is “is a licensed, bonded and insured lifestyle management agency specializing in the management of personal & business affairs and concierge services for VIPs, celebrities, athletes, entertainers and corporate executives.” He’s looking for personal assistants to work for $500 a week.

What he’s actually looking for is a way to scam you. Either out of money or your identity or (and probably) both.

Do not work for Simply Do It Assistants, Simply-Assistants.com, or Michael A. Jacobs

Here’s the email that he is sending out…

From: jacobs.michael75@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: more information and your agreement ****_**** Simply Dolt Assistants.

Hi,

We acknowledge receipt of email. This position is still available (Personal Assistant, 2-3 hours a day, $500 / week, work from home mostly so no exact location).

For any additional information about this position, how it works, payment, etc please refer our corporate website and FAQ section (frequently asked questions. Website addres is at the bottom).

If you are willing to work with us and have already studied our website, please sign up the labor contract attached and send it back BY EMAIL. You will find the contract attached. Fill it out and send by email as attachment, do not fax it. If you have any questions and do not see answers on the website – please reply to this email.

Best regards, Michael A. Jacobs
HR Manager
website: Simply-Assistants[.]com
**************************************************
Simply DoIt Assistants, LLC
1111 Brickell Ave, #701
Miami, FL 33131-3112

Telephone:(305) 432-2884

Included in the email is an attached application that you need to fill out and return. Within the application is this list of duties…

Duties and Position

The Company hires the Employee in the capacity of a Personal Assistant. The
Employee’s duties:

1. Planning, organizing and research
2. Providing enthusiastic, professional, quality service to our customers. Processing various inquiries to enhance their quality of life.
3. Assisting with corporate & personal shopping / acquisition (includes providing thoughtful ideas, locating, purchasing, wrapping and delivering as needed)
4. You must possess fluent knowledge of the city and geography of surrounding areas; as well as knowledge of the restaurants, amenities, clubs and tourism industries to provide to hotel guests.
5. Making arrangements for VIP or out-of-town guests (which includes: ideas, researching, scheduling, booking, communication, and follow-up as needed)

I bolded line three because this is a common description used to describe package reshipping and fake check scams. Odds are, Michael Jacobs is either going to send you a check to make purchases with or have packages shipped to your house.

If he sends you a check, he’ll tell you to deposit the check into your account, go out, buy whatever he wants (usually high priced electronics), and ship them overseas. The only problem is the check will eventually bounce due to it being either stole or fake and you’ll be stuck having to pay for the thousands of dollars worth of equipment you sent to some random guy in a foreign country.

If he send you packages, he’ll tell you he needs them reshipped to clients, again, overseas. This is even more troublesome as the packages will have been purchased with stolen credit card information. The authorities will soon following the shipping address and arrive at your house. Unfortunately for you, the packages will be long gone and the authorities will want to know what you were doing receiving packages that were bought with money that isn’t yours.

Either scenario does not end well for you.

If that’s not enough, you can run a WHOIS on the Simply-Assistants.com domain and get the following information…

Domain name: SIMPLY-ASSISTANTS.COM
Name Server: ns1.bernet.ru
Name Server: ns2.bernet.ru
Creation Date: 2011.03.14
Expiration Date: 2012.03.14
Registrant ID: U53DVT3-RU
Registrant Name: Michael A Block
Registrant Organization: Michael A Block
Registrant Street1: main str. 140-341
Registrant City: BeberlyHills
Registrant State: BeberlyHills
Registrant Postal Code: 90211
Registrant Country: US

I’ll point out the obvious disrepencies. First them email states his name is Michael A. Jacobs and he runs a company out of Miami Florida. However, the domain is registered to a Michael A. Block in the city of BeberlyHills in the “state” of BeberlyHills. I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t recall learning about the 51st state of BeberlyHills. He also elected to go with Main Street. This dude is not original at all.

Aside from that, the website was created 3 days ago and it’s being hosted somewhere in Russia. Not BeberlyHills, not Miami, but Russia. Clearly something is amiss here.

Finally, we have Michael’s signature in the application.

Simply-assisstants.com scam

The first part of his name is very clear and legible. The second half, not so much. It appears that Michael may have had a seizure mid signature. This leads me to believe he’s using multiple aliases and email address to keep this scam fresh.

Click here to learn more about online scams and how to protect yourself.

Bottom line: don’t work for Michael Jacobs or Simply Do It Assistants. He’s up to no good and it could cost you thousands of dollars, your identity, and may even land you in trouble with the local authorities. Stay far away from communicating with this guy and if you have any other similar emails from him, please post them below.

1. I got one too!!!!! They try so hard…

Hi,
    We acknowledge receipt of email. This part time position is still available (Personal Assistant, 1-3 hours a day, $500 / week, work from home mostly so no exact location).

For any additional information about this position, payment, how it works, etc please refer our corporate website and FAQ section (frequently asked questions. Website address is at the bottom).

website: wowvipassistants[.]com

Sincerely, Matt Jacobs
    HR Manager
    ************* ********************************************
    Wow VIP Assistants, LLC
    825, 3rd Ave #311, New York, NY 10022

tel (347) 480-1838

4/13/2011 4:24:36 PM

2. I reported this loser to the FBI!

3. Hi there,

I have just been fooled by this man – luckily we did suspect something but I was recommended by someone else who I assume has been scammed even further.

LTI Global Services – Corporate Concierge Services & Personal Assistants
    45 Rockefeller Plaza, 11th floor
    Manhattan, New York City,
    NY 10020, USA

Telephone: (347) 767-6738
    Fax: (305) 675-7708

got exactly the same assignments – luxury cars then the painting.
    I am in the UK so he really is branching out now!!

4. I havent talked to this oser in weeks and he sends this to me. unreal !!!!!

Hi ,
    Please update status on your second task (artist) – we really need to move forward with it. what do you have at the moment. If you are having difficulties contacting the artist – try emailing from a different email (like google mail or yahoo)
    Sincerely, Michael Jacobs
    Senior HR Manager

Simply DoIt Assistants, LLC
    Corporate Concierge Services & Personal Assistants
    1111 Brickell Ave, #701
    Miami, FL 33131-3112

5. His “New” email.

Hi,
    we acknowledge receipt of email. This part time position is still available (Personal Assistant, 1-3 hours a day, $500 / week, work from home mostly so no exact location).

For any additional information about this position, payment, how it works, etc please refer our corporate website wowvipassistants[.]com and FAQ section (frequently asked questions).

Sincerely, Matt Jacobs
    HR Manager
    ************* ********************************************
    Wow VIP Assistants, LLC
    825, 3rd Ave #311, New York, NY 10022

tel (347) 480-1838

6. Hi Tanvir,

Don’t feel like that, the guy knows what is doing and as you can see from all the comments, you’re not alone. You can go to http://www.actionfraud.org.uk or call them on 03001232040. They’re government run and work with the police. I have already sent them the details of this scam. They will be able to offer you advice. :)

7. Robert Gould says:

I would STRONGLY advise you to get the account shut down ASAP, most banks have 24hr call centre so if u have not closed the bank yet i would call them as soon as u read this message. This guy unfortunitly knows what he is doing and he will empty your account. So get the account closed down then if u got time print any info he has sent you and take it along to your local police station. this guy needs to be stopped

8. hi, i dont know how fool i am…i have given my bank details to this guy as he told me that he gonna give me my sallary…bullshit.

nothing happened yet, but little bit worried ……….any suggestions?

9. Hi there,
    I too received an email from Michael Jacobs. However I knew it was a hoax, I never pay attention to random job offers as it is always too good to be true. However out of interest I searched for the company followed by hoax and discovered this post. I would like to inform you that there is a similar scam being going around, I received an email that read:

Hello.

Commerce W. Ltd. is cooperating with very respectable clients with an great work environment. We are currently looking for a Regional Executive to join our team.
    You will be responsible for the supervision of relevant processes and analysis as required to support the decision making process. Arrange recurring reporting to supervisor on the status of outstanding deductions and collections. The main goal of this position is to ensure a qualified service to customers with smooth ongoing operational support of the solution thereafter.

Requirements:

– Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
    – Strong analytical and communication skills
    – Good customer service focus
    – Ability to work under tight and sometimes competing priorities

A salary – GBP800-1800 a week

Note: this opening is available to United Kingdom applicants only.

To apply please send your reply to : ad.commercew@gmail.com

Have a good day,

HR Dept.
    Leonard Bernstein Strasse 10,
    1220 Vienna, Austria
    Commerce W. Ltd.

10. Guys, you are so welcome. If you are after a genuine work from home oppotunity, you might want to check Arise.com, have been doing work for them on a self employed basis for 1 year now. Let me know if you want more info. ;)

11. Robert Gould says:

Same as the Cookie man thanks Aline (anon) for also emailing me warning of this con artist, you have saved a lot of people a lot of money again many thanks

12. Hey Aline (Anon)
    Are you the same person dat emailed me? I thank you once again! gt alot of repect for you and much love from the one and onli Cookie Man!!! Peace!

13. Aline (Anon) says:

Hi,

Gave all files received by both LTI Glocal Services and the ‘so called’ russian guy to actionfraud.org.uk. I talked to them today and although I haven’t taken payment or given him any of my bank details they were still insterested in receiving details of this scam. They work alongside the police so will inform them and will put details on their website. I will also give them the shortcut to this link for extra details.

I work in the UK too and to answer your question Cookie Man yes he did phone me at home and talked to my husband as I was out. It made him a little more credible but still smelled a rat!

14. stuart chapman says:

i cannot believe this guy!!! he sent me virtually the same email here in the UK word for word except he changed the $ sign to £ sign. everything else is the same. all i can say is thank god i checked out the web first to see if this company was legal. he contacted me via totaljobs.com its time somebody took this con artist down!!!

15. hey did ny 1 recieve a phone call from this idiot, also i think hes in the uk nw nt sure tho, hope they catch him, this has been going on for so long, im glad i came on here!!!

16. It’s me again, I was just thinking. Does someone here knows if we could do something legally talking against this person? I won’t delete his e-mail just in case something can be done and the authorities could do something.

Thank you.

17. I just received an e-mail from who I think is the same person, now his name is Matt Jacobs and the “company” name is WOW VIP Assistants, http://www.wowvipassistants.com

The letter is exactly the same as the one you show in this post, except for the names of the person and the company. The signature is very similar to the one you show.

Is really bad what this person is doing, I as many other people, am looking for a job, and as almost everyone I’m having economic problems, I can’t believe there is so bad people out there doing this, abusing of our need and putting us in even deeper problems.

I was about to send him all my information, but I kept thinking it was too good to be true, and was waiting for my husband to ask his opinion when he got back from work, meanwhile I started searching, in his site claims that Time Magazine says his company is “#2 Website of the year”, I searched in Time Magazine site and found nothing about this company. Also at the bottom of his site shows that they are members of different associations, I went to the sites of these associations and could not find them listed as members.

Thank you very much for writing about this and make people aware of this scam, I hope that everyone who receives these kind of letters feels a little paranoid and double check online if this company really exists, I hope nobody else falls in this scam.

Thank you.

18. I was just contacted via career builders with this personal assistant position. How very interesting that the signiture looks exactly the same as this Michael Jacobs and everything reads word for word the same. I will also be notifying Career Builder of this scam.

***********************************************************

Hi,

This part time position is still available Personal Assistant, 2-3 hours a day, $500 / week, work from home mostly so no exact location.

For any additional information about this position, payment, how it works, etc please refer our corporate website and FAQ section frequently asked questions. Website addres is at the bottom.

If you are willing to work with us and have already studied our website, please sign up the labor contract attached and send it back BY EMAIL. You will find the contract attached. Fill it out and send by email as attachment, do not fax it. If you have any questions and do not see answers on the website please reply to this email.

Sincerely, Matt Jacobs
    HR Manager

*****************************************************************
    Wow VIP Assistants, LLC
    825 3rd Ave #311, New York, NY 10022
    tel 347 480 1838

*********************************************************

You recently sent your documents concerning part time position. We have examined everything and taken decision. Congratulations, you are hired. Read this letter attentively, here is the confirmation of job placement, your first task and the instructions.

1) As you know, your work begins with a test period of two weeks, and your compensation is paid only at the end of this period. An official date of beginning is when you confirm by mail that the first task with the instructions is received, that all is clear and that you have put yourself to work. While your work during the test period you will receive all the tasks directly from your HR manager. If you have some questions about the work – study FAQ on the site.

2) Usually, a task of this type takes a half day, but since for you it is the first time and possibly you were not ready to start now, we wait for your report around 14.00 EST, Tuesday, April 12. If for some reason you cannot furnish your report on time – specify surely the possibility to delay it. We count on your adulthood.

3) If you have some questions – communicate please by mail and you will receive the response within 24 hours. As your manager, I have 30-40 persons plus you per day. So I hope that you will understand if I do not respond immediately. However before sending your questions, read the letter attentively and also the appendices. There is the description of your first task (1st page), and also an example of report (2nd page and lower) that someone had made for another neighbourhood, so that you understand in general what we expect from you.

4) Study all the details of the appendix, confirm that your letter is received, and that YOU START THE WORK.

I wish to you good luck with the first task as part time employee of the company. If you have some questions about the work and you can not find the answers on the site, send them by e-mail.

Best regards, Matt Jacobs
    Senior HR Manager

WOW VIP Assistants
    Personal Assistants & Corporate Concierge Services
    825 3rd Ave #311

New York, NY 10022
    ************************************************

Tel: (347) 480-1838
    Fax: (305) 675-7708

19. To note future scams about a company:
    1. First, no respectable company would use a Yahoo account for an email address; for $4.99 per year a corporation can have their domain registered, plus on email account under the corporation name
    2. Be weary of LLCs – such as Matt Jacobs, Michael Jacobs, etc. An LLC is a limited liability corporation, therefore all income goes against personal credit by the owner – no owner would offer a corporate credit card to its employees – since they cannot. LLC owners are required by law to report all income on their personal income tax statements – this means employees can rip THEM off.
    3. The new address being used is 825 3rd Avenue which is a restaurant called Dos Caminos – a restaurant. #311 does not register as a legal address in the building – and who could afford an address on the mid-town east side of Manhattan – I grew up in NYC – this is extravagant rent.

20. Yep, I did a first assignment, putting together a list of limo and luxury car rentals in my area for executives. It came from Michael Jacobs at Simply-Assistants on Brickell Avenue in Miami, just as some above have posted. I did that, thinking it a little silly but maybe they wanted to test to see if I could do basic research and submit a report in a reasonable amount of time. I saw some inconsistencies even then in the name he used for his company (sometimes “Simply Do-It” sometimes a hyphen between Simply and Assistants and sometimes no hyphen), and odd grammar, but you find ways to overlook those things when you want to believe in something.
    Then I got the 2nd assignment for the painting, and I smelled a rat. I did a dns who-is and saw the “beberly hills” address listing and russian origin of the web site registration and got a sick feeling. Then I found this page and read all of these experiences that were just like mine. Luckily all I lost was a week of part-time work, but I’m furious that scum like this guy do this to all these people who just want to put in some honest hours of work and make a little money. I lost my job a few months ago, its been tough on me and my kids. How about the death penalty for Internet predators?

21. I was foolish enough to enter into my third week with Simply DoIt Assistants. He called me several times and stated I would receive my $1000 quickly since I passed the two-week probationary period and had performed an outstanduing job. Like an idiot, I sent in the form for direct deposit. When I tried to check the balance in my Wachovia acoount I could not gain access. I went to the bank and found out he had tried to take money from my account. Needless to say, Wachovia immediately closed my account and opened a new one for me. Just to let you know, my first assignment took hours. I was to research companies who provided luxury rides to and from from my local airport. My second assignment was finding the Russian artist and getting an exact replica of a painting. My third assignment was finding out how much it would cost to import a car from Frankfurt am Main, Germany. I too have reported this con-artist. BTW, my emails are identical to the ones posted here.

22. Robert Gould says:

Just to let u know this guy has now hit UK i have just sent the contract form back and found this site (thank god) i will be reporting him to all authorities

23. Thanks for this, I feel a right twat, thought it was too goo dto be true and was supicious.

24. I have now emailed this blog link to all the other email recipients who were not Bcc on my original email.

I did tell my husband that if that guy ask me to take money or send it anywhere I would stop. Will report this to action fraud who are supposed to call me on Monday, had called them earlier after a tip off (Thks V). :)

25. Thank you all so much for posting these. I’ll be compiling all of this information into another post later today.

26. I regognise this but now operating under a different name LTI Global Services, Matt Jacobs HR Manager, Same offer.

I have done 2 assignments with caution and have been carefull not to give any of my detaisl away and hope tha’s enough. Won’t be doing any more work for him.

Not as clever as he thinks I have just looked throught the http://www.ltiglobalservices.com website and spotted the reference to Simply Do It Assistant in the text. Obviously needs to get a better PA as she forgot to replace that with LTI Global Services!!!

When I searched on Simply Do It Assistant I found your blog so thank you.

Look below, same scam different name:

Good Afternoon,
    There is something new for you. Given assignment is has no specific deadline. It’s ASAP. 1-2 days.

Our UK client has purchased something in Europe. Unfortunately, it was damaged (personnel negligence during delivery). It was a gift for their business partner so now they are looking for replacement ASAP! Our client feels nervous about this situation as they are meeting with partners soon (next month) and they need replacement ASAP.

Your task is to assist with finding and replacing this painting. You will find all contact information in the Attachment (email and the website address).

Matt Jacobs
    HR Manager

LTI Global Services
    Corporate Concierge Services & Personal Assistants

27. I just got this same email but I read this first and never fillled anything out.

28. Sounds like they have updated. Here is what I got……..

4/5/2011

Good day,
    In responding to your message I can tell you, that this post is still vacant Personal virtual assistant, 2-3 hours per day, part time / the additional salary of $500 per week or $26,000 per year.

More information on this position stipulations, payments, obligations and also about our company you will find on our corporate site, in the FAQ section. The link to the site is included below in signature.

Related to the fact that it is a work at distance – we have a smoothly running procedure of job placement. To start the work you must open the contract you will find it in the attachment in this letter, fill it and send it by e-mail. Do not send it by fax or by mail, we accept requests in MS Word files or in scanned versions by e-mail.
    If you have some questions after you have studied the site and FAQ page, write to this e-mail address – and our HR managers will answer depending on how they are busy.

Best regards, Matt. Jacobs
    HR Manager

**************************************************
    WOW VIP Assistants, LLC
    825 3rd Ave #311, New York, NY 10022
    Telephone: 347 480-1838

4/7/2011

Hi,

We acknowledge receipt of email. This part time position is still available (Personal Assistant, 2-3 hours a day, $500 / week, work from home mostly so no exact location).

For any additional information about this position, payment, how it works, etc please refer our corporate website and FAQ section (frequently asked questions. Website addres is at the bottom).

Sincerely, Matt Jacobs
    HR Manager
    site_address: wowvipassistants[.]com
    ************* ********************************************* *****
    Wow VIP Assistants, LLC
    825 3rd Ave #311, New York, NY 10022

tel (347)4801838

29. Reply
  30. Lets report this guy to FBI.

He is just preying on anyone in need.
    Lets get him down now!!!!!!!!!!!

31. Me too…I did some more research and found a linked in person that has this company listed on her work profile. I have just contacted her.

Here is Matt’s email. I also got the same attached contract from him

Hi,

Sincerely, Matt Jacobs
    HR Manager
    site_address: wowvipassistants[.]com
    ******************************
    ****************************** *****
    Wow VIP Assistants, LLC
    825 3rd Ave #311, New York, NY 10022

tel (347) 480 1838

(A|B|C|F|D|C|F|G) {id}

32. ME TOO!!!

i’VE BEEN WORKING FOR TWO WEKKS AND I HAVE THE EXACT SAM ASSIGNMENT LISTED ABOVE… WHEN HE WROTE ABOUT WESTERN UNION… I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG… SOMEONE NEED TO GET HIM AND GET HIM FAST… HE IS PREYING ON PEOLE WHO NEED JOBS OR EXTRA MONEY… THIS REALLY PISSED ME OFF….

Our client has purchased something in Europe. Unfortunately, it was damaged (personnel negligence during delivery). It was a gift for their business partner so now they are looking for replacement ASAP! Our client feels nervous about this situation as they are meeting with partners soon (next month) and they need replacement ASAP.

Sincerely, Michael Jacobs
    Senior HR Manager

Simply Do It Assistants, LLC

Corporate Concierge Services & Personal Assistants

33. This is the text from the message I got from this guy

Good day,

Best regards, Matt. Jacobs
    HR Manager

website: WOWVIPAssistants[.]com
    **************************************************
    WOW VIP Assistants, LLC
    825 3rd Ave #311, New York, NY 10022
    Telephone: 347 480-1838

34. I also got this email ..See below…

Good day,

Best regards, Matt. Jacobs
    HR Manager

website: WOWVIPAssistants[.]com
    **************************************************
    WOW VIP Assistants, LLC
    825 3rd Ave #311, New York, NY 10022
    Telephone: 347 480-1838

35. If you guys received similar emails but with different names and web address, PLEASE post them here! That way we can help expose this guy’s most current alias.

36. I just got one but from “Matt”…I aligned the signatures..the last names are the same on the “contract” and the article .

37. I just received a similar email but this was from a Matt Jacobs with WOW VIP Assistants, LLC. Other than that the language quoted in other messages above is identical. So it appears he has again modified his name and company. But it is the same scam.

Here is the link to the website: WOWVIPAssistants[.]com

You notice that this address has the parentheticals just like one of the other websites listed above. If you remove the parentheticals you will find the website.

38. Well I’m glad I found your info regarding Michael A. Jacobs and Simply-Assistants. I fell into his web and did one assignment. His next assignment is contacting an artist to create a 2nd painting which has the value of 10k.

Before i began this assignment, I did a search on the company name and found your article.

Please keep me informed of future correspondance.

Many thanks,

39. I don’t thing u should send him this link because it will tip him off! If we can get everyone here 2 file a report ( I did). Than maybe they will nail him before he shuts down . Its become a mission of mine 2 try 2 lead him on and get him buested I’m married 2 A cop and were trying to check things out . This fn dirtback. Boy heh didn’t like being told no huh. And this about what he said on my lettr they hate banks they do not deal with banks! Right! Well then how was he trying to western union it online u need a bank account . So they gave themselves away. I’m certain its the same guy I’m turning in the so called artists site to its bogus. Its all the same moron!

40. OMG!!!, Question,, why did I get the same assigment as Jane. D?, and contacted the so called Artist Andrew Michael Gaal, except I made all the arrangements, but then was told the same thing, well I sent the info to Michael Jacobs, and this is the email reply he sent me, and what he wanted me to do next.

Our client tried to pay western union on-line from their corporate account. Western Union advertises it’s possible to submit payments online, but when you try to send more than $1,000 a day from the account it won’t allow that much. I called western union and they told me you have to do that from any western union office.

Our client told me they spent like an hour trying to do something online, as they are used to do everything from their cash management online and talked to western union customer care but no luck. They need your assistance at this point because it was not possible to send the money online.

So, they want their assistant take care of everything. Since the art gallery requires only western union, our client will pay you the money for the painting in advance plus your bonus and you will western union art gallery. You will be paid additional $300 for that assignment.

First of all, I want you to understand that part-time assistant is not only virtual work from home. You have to work on assignment locally. Assisting with corporate gifting in one of your responsibilities. Our client trusts us because this is our existing client, they have already purchased a lot of stuff using our services.

Normally, you would pay western union with the company card. However, as per the contract, you will get the card only once you qualify your trial period. This is our company policy and we simply cannot provide company cards 1st week and then spend time on checking every expense.

>>>>>> Well after this email I then told him NOOOOO I don’t have a bank account for this. Well he emailed me again with the following……

No problems, go and setup any bank account (BOFA, CHASE – any will do) – checking/savings as well.
    You have time to do that today. Will you need additional $$ to set up an account – let me know, these costs will be reimbursed.

Sincerely, Michael Jacobs
    Senior HR Manager

Simply DoIt Assistants, LLC – Corporate Concierge Services & Personal Assistants
    1111 Brickell Ave, #701
    Miami, FL 33131-3112

It sounded suspicious to me so I basically told him, I do not want to deal with any company where I have to come out of pocket first, and wait to be reimbursed.. Oh yes he was a bit angry, made a comment back to me well fine if I want to just sit at home then.. Lol.. but oh well… Oh and I did also report him to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). the BBB, and the FBI, I’m tired of people trying to ripped innocent people off!!!

41. Thanks SSSSSooooo Much! I just got the BS first assignment that took over 9 hours. did the second (the above) and am soooo glad I found you right now.
    I cannot thank you enough. I am going to send him this link
    I had a funny feeling this was BS. I so appreciate your site and what you are doing!!!What a scam!!!

42. Thank you a million times for bringing this to all of us!!! I too fell for this because I am such need of work. I am much smarter than this! I am an educated woman and I was looking online for work! and he got to me too! I am furious to think this jerk is sitting back collecting money and destryoing lives!!! I called the building manager or 11 Brickell st Miami and made him aware this guy is using the address of the building and I as well reported this! If every one here puts in 5 minutes of their time to report this maybe we can stop this scumb bag ! again Thank you! Just take one look and see all the folks you have saved so far with just one post!!!

THIS IS WHAT I GOT THE OTHER DAY FROM HIM AND THE RESPONSE FROM THE “ARTIST” Same first name as well. they have a lot of time wrapped up in this with all the links and contract stuff and beneift page etc…..

Good Afternoon, J

Sincerely, Michael Jacobs
    Senior HR Manager

Simply DoIt Assistants, LLC

Corporate Concierge Services & Personal Assistants

AND THIS IS THE RESPONSE I GOT FROM RUSSIA!
    Hallo!
    Unfortunately I not speak English, I easy communicate by email using the
    Google translator.

Oh yes I remember. This painting sold to USA. But I can make copy if this
    same client.
    It not very interesting me to creating copy (because not so artistic
    making copies).

I have scatches/draft/ to this painting, so It possibel for me making copy.
    Information so you understanding about this painting and why long take and
    expensive to make.

Original size was 215 x 183 centimeters.
    It is my special art technik, Oil, hand made on canvas.
    I take up to one week Oil taking 2-3 days to bacome not wet. After I can
    sending it.

I was busy but if paying – I am free. Original cost $9,200.
    But this copy to original owner I can making for $8,000

Becuase permit – only one company can working – this Express Shipping Russia.
    This shipping company good relations to Ministry of Art Russia,
    and make permission ot export artistic goods, paintings etc.
    Аучув and other often have problems custom.
    this – not, everything OK.

This company internal Russia, so you not can pay me and I bring money to
    shipping company.

Sending (shipping) two variants.
    – slow by train (cost = $400 USD, 14-21 days).
    – fast by air (cost = $1800, 2-3 days)

I take money Western Union, becuase I not trusting banks. Often problems
    with banks not wanting return USD after crizis. Last time my client
    sending me money I waited 42 days take money from bank – they not want
    return money.
    So this my important condition – western union (or money gram). Becuase I
    have other clients I work – you pay me, I start working, I am busy man.

I have two stores one Russia one Ukraine, and I travlling time here time
    there. So before sending money – ask me I can send my name or somebody
    else name to receive money.

If you OK want me doing this – say me, I send you contract (standard) to
    create painting.

Yours,
    Andrew Michael Gaal
    Artist
    email Art@artsimkov.ru
    site: http://www.artsimkov.ru
    office 221, 17/1 Ruskaja street,
    Vladivostok, Russia

43. I just finish dealing with this company and reported them to Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), and I’m also looking for other ways to report this scam, so if you have information let me know. I was supposedly working for them going on my 2nd week and was asked today to give my bank account# so a client can deposit money into my account via western union to complete a purchase transaction. Well I refused to give my bank information, and haven’t heard back from Michael Jacobs yet. Thank God, because I seen your comments, I knew their trying to rip me off. So I’m done and glad it happen before I lost something like my identity or money in my account, thanks for the posting on this site hopefully no one else will become a victim.

44. I did look up his company first and I’m glad I did! Wow! Whomever moderates this site thanks for helping me out with the info. RUSSIA WOW and yeah it was too good to be true that’s why I started looking him up. Whenever anybody agrees to pay you that much money a week and you work about two-three hours you know….

45. i checked into him before he gave me the job, and then told him i was not interested..wow sounded like a great job but not to that extent

46. Lurie Graham says:

Wow I feel kinda crazy too because I signed up for that job too, man I wish I would have looked up this stuff before I do not need any scammers trying to steal my identity not at all. Do anyone know what we should do now if we already done the work??

47. Joseph Arellano says:

True what you say. I just got rid of another scammer and this Michel pops up.

48. I’d been thinking about this for about 2 days. And kept thinking it sounded it was to good to be true. Just like the old clash-ea. of course I did’t sign any contracts. His ad was just like the one you posted. Thank you for saving me unwanted troubles.

49. Wow! This scammer clearly was not original at all. Thanks for the heads up on simply-assistants.com. I’ve never heard if this “company” but i’m glad that you got the word out.

50. colin Brooksby says:

I got this email and filled out it with my signiture and phone numbers. Now I feel pretty stupid. Do I need to do anything to guard aginst future problems?