Here are the latest submissions for my weekly scam roundup. If you have received any similar emails, please forward them along to Steve@IveTriedThat.com. I’ll post them here to help protect others from falling for these scams.
Scam Email #1
From: Angela Johnson
Subject: RE: CareerBuilder Job Application : Subsidiary Company Manager Re:
Our Company is delighted to offer you a position of a Subsidiary
Manager. We are all excited about the potential that you carry to our
company. We plan to set up a small subsidiary company in your area and
that is why we are looking for Managers.
Our company is a mid-size company based out of Merritt Island, FL. We
have been selected by Pool & Spa News as a top 50 builder in the
Nation! We have built thousands of incredible pools in Brevard and
Indian River County and in San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Las
Vegas. Our mission is to provide every client with an experience of
honesty, quality, integrity, excellence, attention to detail, on time
scheduling and guaranteed workmanship all at an affordable price. Our
knowledge and experience is not local, but global. The members of our
team come all from different states and countries, US, South America,
Europe and Asia, but we all work together.
Our website is: http://caribbean-pools.com
You will be organized as an exempt executive-level W-2 employee. Your
initial compensation package includes a monthly salary of $4500
payable biweekly, full medical and dental coverage through our
company’s employee benefit plan. At the beginning you will have to
undergo the 2-week probation period, that will be covered by us by
Description of the position:
* Manage business (our subsidiary company will be created for you
at our own expense)
* Organization of payoffs straight from clients to employees by
bank wires and money transfer systems (a business bank account is set
up with our assistance)
* Performing administration work
* Ordering construction materials
* Advertising the company
* Scheduling payments and meeting the deadlines as per invoices
The first step is to complete the form on our website:
If you meet all of our minimum qualifications, you can expect a phone
call from me within 48 hours of my receipt of your registration
(except for Saturday and Sunday).
Thank you again for your interest and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Angela Johnson | Manager | Caribbean Pools & Spas of Brevard |
Ph: 407-477-4085 | Fax: 800-520-6078 | email@example.com |
Scam Email #2
Nutrizionestore Italia would like to introduce to you a part-time job offer that gives you the chance to increase your incomes using only your free time. Working as a finance officer does not require any previous experience and you will be guided through all the steps, so you can understand the tasks and obtain maximum quality results.
1. Receive payment for the orders placed by customers in your region via Bank Transfers or Chase QuickPay.
2. Keep your commission fee in amount of 10% from the payment.
3. Send the rest of the payment to our offices in Europe/Asia.
For further information click the following link:
After enrolling a Human Resource employee will contact you within the next 24 hours.
Scam Email #3
Reply to: Infobpcompanymrraymondbruce@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: JOB VACANCY !!!
Could you be the right person for this job offer? What if our judgement
was wrong? You might want to try your hands on it but unfortunately we
are only looking for professionals with exceptional expertise, highly
spirited individuals who are ready to take up a rewarding challenges in
the oil and gas industry.
BP,a well established and reputable oil/gas company with rapidly growing
wide network of outlets around the world, seeks to attract resourceful
individuals craving for a refreshing opportunity yet characteristically
possesses the skill and uprightness to excellently
deliver amidst limited assistance.
All interested candidates should reply via mail with updated Resumes
(CV).- Only applicants who possess the required qualifications will be
short-listed whence consequently contacted.
All Resumes should be fowarded to:
Human Resource Department
Scam Email #4
Now Hiring a Shipping and Receiving Clerk.
Our company is searching for a new Shipping and Receiving Clerk to begin right away.
– Processing shipping and receiving orders;
– Good communications skills, ability to multi-task and attention to detail;
– Competent in Microsoft applications to include, but not limit Microsoft Word and Excel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or zero to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you meet all of these requirements, please send a resume with your reply. Great salary available!
Thank you, for your submission.
We have received your resume and appreciate your interest in employment with us.
I’m pleased to inform you that your skills completely meet our requirements for this position.
FIVE EASY STEPS TO START:
1. Please see the “Job Description” file for more details about the position.
If you have any questions – ask me. Also see our FAQ.
2. Fill out “Application Form” electronically.
3. Fill out “Employment Agreement” electronically, then print and sign it.
4. Just send everything back to me via e-mail or fax (+1-347-230-8797).
Please visit our website for additional information about company and services.
I will do my best to help you in any way I can.
Odyssey Consulting Co.
Company assigns Contractor to perform the following tasks:
1. Receive the correspondence for our customer to your residential address.
2. Report to our manager about new package.
3. Repack received items following the instructions our manager will send to you.
4. Receive prepaid shipping labels.
5. Fill the forms and papers according to our manager’s instructions.
6. Send the package out using the specified shipping method.