I’ve been a bit busy these past couple of weeks (explanation below) and I wanted to give you all a quick update on things that have been going on around the web and here at I’ve Tried That.

Wealthy Affiliate + 70% off a Membership

It’s been my top recommended Internet Marketing training program since April of 2009. In a world where the Internet changes drastically from day-to-day, the fact that Wealthy Affiliate has been at the top of my list for years now really speaks volumes about the quality of the site. You really just don’t get much better than this.

Wealthy Affiliate is celebrating their 6th birthday this week and as a birthday gift to everyone else, they’re letting people sign up for the price of a membership in 2005, the year they started. This works out to about a 70% off discount. You can sign up at Wealthy Affiliate for 1 year and get unlimited access to all features for just $359. This works out to about $29/month. The regular pricing for unlimited access runs for $97 per month, thus giving you a savings of over $800. This one is hard to pass up on. Highly recommended you check out their offer below.

Click here and read more about Wealthy Affiliate’s discount. — This offer does end on Monday, September 19th. Just a heads up that they’re not offering this forever.

SwagBucks + a Bonus for New Signups

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, we have SwagBucks. It’s a completely free, no-nonsense way of making some extra money online doing pretty basic things. You can accumulate SwagBucks and get paid for searching the web, participating in polls, and a ton more other things.

Click here and create a free SwagBucks account now!

121 Hidden Online Jobs has Moved

In an effort to help others find legitimate work at home jobs and to get my guide some more exposure, I’ve created an entirely separate site for my 121 Hidden Online Jobs report. The guide hasn’t changed; it just has a fancy new page to show it off. Feel free to pass out the link below to friends/family trying to find real work at home jobs. Your support keeps I’ve Tried That running!

Click here and check out my 121 Hidden Online Jobs report.

I’ve Tried That + Me Personally

Finally, we have Steve. I’ve been a little preoccupied the past couple of weeks, but I can finally start focusing back on the site. Some of you may already know this, but I recently got engaged and have been busy planning a wedding! It’s been fun so far, but man, people do not exaggerate when they say this takes a year. It’s been quite a shock how much planning goes into this thing. It’ll all be worth it in the end though.

So I just wanted to say thank you all for your continued support over the years. You guys are great! :) I hope you’ve been able to put my research to good use. Hopefully I saved you from losing money to a scam, or supplied you with information on how to actually make money.

As always, please do not hesitate to ask me for help. I’m always taking review requests and I’ll be more than happy to give you my thoughts on whether or not an offer is a scam. All you have to do is ask! I’m also open to any post suggestions or features you’d like to see here at I’ve Tried That. Just leave a comment below!

In the meantime, I wish you all nothing but the best. Thanks for reading and rock on.

Love,
Steve

Last Updated: April 7, 2016

Join the Discussion

Lisa J.

Hi Steve! Congratulations on your engagement!!!

My question for you is concerning Beth Urlington’s Internet Wealth Circle (Earnwithbeth.com). Is this legitimate? I’ve seen some reviews from individuals that say they’ve had success, but I just don’t know if I should trust those.

Thank you so much for the work you’re doing to protect all of us!!

All the best to you,

Lisa

Jessica A-M

Susan, I couldn’t help but quickly reply to you. The Internet Company is in fact a scam, and it is hard work as well for all the time you waste.

Here is a rundown of what happens. You attend the “interview” where they basically tell you what you’ll be doing. But, they don’t really tell you what you’ll really be doing. Here is what I ended up doing. I posted ads on job websites and Craigslist for jobs that The Internet Company provided to me. They gave all the information. I just had to type up an ad and tell the potential employees to email a fake address that I was told to make. Once the email was received I typed a nice little reply with a link attached. They clicked the link and I went on with my life. Here is how payment worked, on the “job” link that I sent them to, there is a question at the bottom, “Are you interested in information about college?” If they clicked “yes” or “maybe” I got points that went towards my payment. If they clicked “no” then I got nothing. Harmless seeming really. So, here I am spending 6 hours a day replying to these emails and getting some very rude replies in return on occasion.

I got a call one day from an 800 number. I answered and they were talking about a job ad I had responded to in my area. They wouldn’t give me company information, they just collected some basic stuff about me and asked some other questions. Then this happened, “Are you interested in information about college?” I made the connection instantly. The person on the phone was doing the same job I was doing except she was on the phone. The Internet Company isn’t offering this poor economy jobs, they are instead offering colleges potential leads and providing these colleges with the victim’s personal information and who knows who else gets this information. So, I was unwittingly hurting these people while busting my butt for nothing. I left immediately. I added up my earnings and I’d made about $5.65 for a week of work 7 days a week for 6 hours a day. I got emails for a couple of months from their “accounting” saying they had my check but the incorrect address, oddly enough they never had the correct address even when it was given to them. They finally stopped emailing.

Ingrid Bromby

All the best to you Steve and your fiancee. Congratulations. Sorry that I couldn’t join Wealthy Affiliates, but my husband wouldn’t let me.

I am wondering about something which I received in the mail: Earn with Beth.com, The Internet Wealth Circle. You mail out brochures and make money. I tried to do some research on this program, but couldn’t find much. I hope you can help me, and tell me if this is a scam.

Thanks,
    Ingrid Bromby

Susan J. Shaughnessy

Congratulations on your engagement! May you and your fiancee be very blessed as you prepare to share your lives together.

Have you ever heard of a company called Softrock.org? I was going to interview with them today in Orlando, but there is a lot of negative press out there about the organization. They also go by the name The Internet Company.

Thank you for the work you do to protect us consumers.

All the best,
    Susan Shaughnessy

Just K

I TRULY appreciate all you do!! ok ,I am a little in awe of your abilities to get to make money and help people…I just seem to give it away haha.
    No really, you’re grand. I have my daughter in the Navy and my son who will be graduating from U of H and all my business associates get a forwarding email and reminders to go to your site…. I am your own personal PR asssitant and you don’t haft to pay me….I get my payment from your brain..
    Shalome on you and your new journey . My prayers are with you.
    K.

Alex

Steve you are the man! You have helped me earn some cash and stay out of bad decisions.
    Thanks.

Stacy

Thanks, Steve, for always being there, ready, willing, and accessible to all of your followers for all our questions and requests. I just wish I had more friends to send out links to. You know me, The Loner Type. It has it’s downsides for helping other people. :(

And many good wishes for you on your engagement. Be prepared for plenty of ups and downs as you go through the process. Saying “Yes” much of the time doesn’t hurt if you want to come out of it all alive! ;) Or, just smile and nod as though you know what’s going on.

Thanks again for all your great work, and for you incredible generosity of spirit.

Rachashael M. Gates

Congratulations on your coming marriage!

Elise Vik

Hi:

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. I had a call yesterday from someone named Rocky. I believe the name of the company was Premier Web Marketing. I listened to a recording and then someone named Chris Clark got on the phone and said he was one of the owners. This is affiliate Marketing and you get websites set up at Google, GoDaddy and Amazon. It costs $299 for 1 site and $499 for all three sites. I can’t seem to find out any information on them. Do you have any idea if this is legit. and if any money can be made as well as how much more it would cost once you buy one to three of the sites? Like money to advertise?

Elise Vik

Sheila

I love your tips and have learned a lot from them! Thank you. Congratulations on your engagement. All the best for both of you.