This is to announce your emerging as one our lucky winner of our last
category winning held on the 16th of June 2007 with total amount of
630,000.00 GBP. (Six hundred and thirty thousand pounds) only.
Payment processing and Funds Release Form:
1. NAME IN FULL:2. ADDRESS:3. AGE:4: SEX 5. OCCUPATION:6. PHONE/FAX: 7.
COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: 8. CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS.
Please fill the form below and contact our validating officer
Global E-Lottery Fiduciary
Contact Person: Mr. Macdanny Cole
Contact E-mail: email@example.com
Tel: +44 70457 16877
FAX: +44 707-576-7547
Sir Benson Herbert.
This should be a no-brainer as to why this is a flat out scam, but here are some sure signs to avoid this one at all costs:
- You won a lottery you didn’t enter.
- You won a lottery you didn’t know existed.
- You won a lottery that uses yahoo to handle all of their email.
- You won a lottery from someone who calls themselves ‘Sir Benson Herbert’.
In short, don’t fall for anyone who tried to hand you millions of dollars for nothing unless they show up at your door step with a big novelty check and TV cameras and can prove they work for the Publisher’s Clearing House. Other than that, read Snoskred’s post on fake checks and scambaiting and follow I’ve Tried That to keep up to date on the latest scams.
Thanks to Justin for today’s post inspiration.
[Update by Joe] Which is not to say that Justin fell for this garbage. He sent us the email laughing at the fools who sent it to him. Geez, howcome I never get fun emails like this? Sounds like a job for Franklin McNugget, eh Steve?
What YOU can do
Scams like this one thrive on ignorance and emotional appeal. You can help put these guys out of business by spreading the word about this post and the dirty tricks of scammers that want to kick you when you’re down. Help us get the word out:
- Share this post by clicking on the “Share This” link below
- Learn more about this and other online scams by reading the Related Posts below
- Report fraudulent activity at Scam Victims United and to your local police