A Map of the I’ve Tried That Territory
I’ve Tried That recently passed an important milestone: More than 1,000 subscribers. The growth has been slow but steady, and we’re proud of the work we do here and the little community that adds so much value to that work through comments and tips.
Steve and I get a lot of questions in e-mail and in comments (spread out over the more than 300 posts) that are answered elsewhere on the site. So this post is a quick guide to I’ve Tried That to help new readers see how we’re set up and find what they’re looking for. Chances are pretty good that the question you want to ask is already answered here somewhere else.
“Have You Checked Out…?”
The fastest way to answer this question is to use the search bar at the top of every I’ve Tried That page. See the white box on the upper right? Type the name of your program there and hit Enter. If we’ve written about it or a user has posted a comment about it, it will show up in the search results.
If We Haven’t Checked It Out
We can’t investigate every money making claim out there. They pop up like weeds every day. So if you search for your program and didn’t find it, don’t give up.
One important thing we’ve learned is that there is not much that is truly new in the make-money-online world. One rebate processing job is much like another. So even if we didn’t check out “makebillionswithdataentry.com,” you can learn a lot by reading about other data entry programs.
That’s where the categories on the right side of the page come in. About halfway down every page you’ll see a long list of categories. Put your mystery program into a category and read other posts from that category: if it looks, smells, and sounds like a scam, even if it has a different name, you should stay away.
The Recommended List
Yes, there are legitimate ways to make money online. We keep a list of those we have tried and recommend. The list is at the bottom of every page, on the left side.
“Do You Guys Make Money Online?”
Yes, we do. Contrary to rumor, it’s not a lot. But in this economy, we’ll take what we can get. Read this post to see some of the income streams we use. Also search for “Directory” in the search bar to see more posts about that. Or click the “Make Money Online” category.
Visit the Greatest Hits Posts
Some of our posts have been much more successful than others, drawing big audiences and saving lots of people money. Yeah, we’re bragging. But we don’t do it very often. Without further ado, then, our Greatest Hits, in no particular order:
- Start with this one so that you’ll be prepared for whatever the wild, wild Net can throw at you. The Top 10 tips for avoiding online scams.
- Rebate processing: These misleading programs took the ‘Net by storm last fall. Read exactly what they’re selling and how they’re lying to you. Don’t miss the Angela Penbrook discussion. It’s the hottest online thread about one of the biggest “rebate processing” programs out there.
- Data entry jobs: One of our first missions was to expose data entry jobs for the misleading dungheaps they are. Read all about it in this series of posts.
- My Power Mall: Still the most commented-on post at I’ve Tried That, our review of My Power Mall attracted the attention of the founder, Ginny Dye. Lively discussion ensued, with flaming kept at a tame level.
- Surveylot and fake checks scams: Criminals posing as legitimate companies (in this case, as Surveylot.com) are sending fake checks far and wide in this popular scam. Our warnings have saved people thousands of dollars and lots of headache.
- Al Snyder and the Fake Check Scam: In one of the slimiest scams we’ve seen, someone is sending out fake checks. You’re supposed to cash it and send a “commission” back to the sender. The problem is, your bank will discover it some days later and you’ll be stuck with a big debt and possible criminal charges.
Thanks for joining us. Together we can shine light on the slime and mold that populates the underside of Internet rocks. Yes, you can make money, but you can lose a lot of it, too. Guess which one is easier? Poke around here and you’ll soon learn how to be safe from the scum.
There's only ONE program I really recommend. It helped me turn my 'hobby' into a $10,000+ per month money making machine. Click here for the exact formula I followed.