This email was forwarded to me last night and it’s by far one of the laziest attempts at a scam I’ve seen yet. I won’t be surprised when we start seeing emails that just ask that you send money overseas with nothing in it for you.
Here’s the email…
Alfa Romeo Motors,
Turin Area, Italy.
My name is George Huffman and I am in-charge of the Alfa Romeo Motor’s Human Resource department. Alfa Romeo is an Italian Motor Manufacturer and we have several customers in United States of America whom use our cars and presently, most of them require parts that can only be imported directly from Italy and we are unable to receive payments directly from USA due to our Italian Policies.
We receive series of e-mails requesting for parts from our car users, however we are unable to process their request because we are not able to receive US Checks / Money Orders. If we request them to send a Western Union Money Transfer, they will be going against the better business bureau rules because Western Union Money Transfer is based on Cash transactions and costs almost 8% of the amount sent for their sending fee’s.
We require you to become our Accounts Receivable agent whom shall assist us towards receiving payments from our customers for required parts, once you receive their check payment, you shall be required to deposit the check and then deduct 10% of each payment received by you as your earning. You will be required to forward the remaining 90% to our Regional Manufacturing Processor via Western Union Money Transfer, if you are interested in this offer, kindly fill the form below:
ADDRESS LINE 1:
ADDRESS LINE 2:
HOME PHONE NUMBER:
CELL / MOBILE PHONE NUMBER:
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE YOUR BANK TO CLEAR A CHECK FOR $8,000? (PLEASE CONFIRM FIRST):
Once your application has been received, we shall get back to you with more details and instructions on when your first payment shall be delivered to you. Please fill the form above and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
There’s just so much to pick apart! Where do I begin!?
Let’s start with the fact this scammer is using the Alfa Romeo name to conduct his scam. Alfa Rome is owned by Fiat which is a well known major car company. They have over 200,000 employees across the globe, net profits in the billions of dollars, and produce hundreds of thousands of cars on nearly every continent, but the parts department is unable to accept checks from the US? That’s not even slightly believable.
George make the argument against accepting Western Union as a form of accepting payments because it costs 8%, but they’re willing to pay you 10% of an order to process the check. Why is 8% too much money, but 10% is alright? Also, when did Italy issue a policy to stop allowing Italian businesses to accept American currency? I don’t recall any bad blood between the US and Italy.
Finally, old George uses a gala.net email address. He’s the head of Human Resources of a major car company but uses a free Russian email service. That makes sense.
So what’s really going on here?
If you accepted the job, George would send you a fake or stolen check. You would be able to deposit it and you would have access to the money immediately. As per your agreement with George, you’d then send 90% of that deposit off to God knows where. Eventually, the original check you deposited will bounce and you will be held responsible for the entire sum of money you just sent overseas. YOu might even land a criminal record if the authorities find out you’ve been dealing with criminals and fake checks. Yea, that’s not good at all.
There are no legitimate payment processing jobs. They do not exist. Any “job offer” that revolves around accepting cash or checks for processing is 100% bogus and it’s in your best interest to not even reply to these criminals when they email you.
There's only ONE program I really recommend. It helped me turn my 'hobby' into a $10,000+ per month money making machine. Click here for the exact formula I followed.