It’s 2014. What do you want to accomplish this year?
Do you wish you could be a full-time freelance writer and finally leave your stifling or boring day job? Do you wish you could earn more money from writing and find top-paying clients?
Well, just wishing isn’t going to get you there. But, taking my freelance writing course, Jump Start Your Freelance Writing Career!, will certainly get you headed in the right direction. Here’s are 10 reasons why Jump Start Your Freelance Writing Career! will have you on the road to getting paid a real, living wage as a freelance writer:
1. I show you how to get out of content mills- forever. Content mills will never pay you a real, living wage and thus never allow you to quit your day job. Trust me- I was at the “mill” for over four years and have little to show for my time there except a bunch of oddball articles about mystery meatballs and Hollandaise sauce.
2. You’ll gets lists of sites looking for freelance writers right now. Forget joker job sites like Craigslist, oDesk or Elance. Where do you go after you leave the “mill?” Why, to real sites that pay real money for blog posts, articles, reviews, etc. I give you several lists of sites looking for freelance writers right now.
3. I’ll give you tips on making clips happen. One of the biggest issues with content mills is that your clips (writing samples) with them are useless. In this course, I tell you where you can go to get some quick and legitimate clips that will land you high-paying clients down the road.
4. I’ll give you examples of query letters that landed me writing gigs. Query letters are a fact of the freelance writing world. However, there is no reason you should feel discouraged or intimidated when generating them. In this course, I provide a set formula for writing these letters along with actual examples of queries that worked for me.
5. I’ll provide you with approaches to finding “hidden” clients. Not all writing jobs are posted on freelance writing job boards or LinkedIn. In fact, some of the best jobs and clients are never openly advertised. These secret clients and jobs are great because no other writers know about them and thus can’t submit competing bids. In my course, I show you how to unearth hidden clients and pitch to them.
6. You’ll obtain current price lists of blog posts, white papers, magazine articles, etc. Don’t take a potential client’s word for it that “most” blogs pay only $15 or $20 a post…I provide current price ranges for blog posts, magazine and newspaper articles, etc. These prices are what serious clients pay.
7. You’ll learn how to sift through potential clients and locate the high rollers. Two clients might pay drastically different rates for the same work. How can you quickly tell which client will pay you more? I provide a set of questions that you can immediately ask potential clients in order to qualify the high rollers and avoid wasting your time.
8. You’ll learn how to avoid getting stiffed. Not getting paid for your work or being asked to do more than you initially agreed upon are common pitfalls in the world of freelancing. But there are ways to avoid getting stiffed and/or underpaid- as well as revisiting what you had initially agreed to do.
9. You’ll learn how to negotiate for raises. With freelance writing, you can’t rely on a yearly COLA or 3% raise. If you don’t push for pay increases and/or raises, you’re likely to never see them happen. Luckily, there are proven ways in which you can increase your earnings by 20, 50 or even 100%. Kind of makes that annual 3% raise look rather puny, doesn’t it?
10. I’ll provide practical advice on avoiding an IRS audit. Your employer deals with taxes on your behalf when you’re an employee; however, going freelance means taking this matter into your own hands. I list some common slip-ups that can easily result in an audit by the feds and how to avoid getting into legal trouble.
What you get with Jump Start Your Freelance Writing Career!:
1. 4 “Packed-to-the-Gills” lessons from yours truly. You get 4 meaty lessons spread out over 4 weeks that cover topics like finding high-paying clients, raising your rates and generating winning query letters. These weekly lessons will be sent by me to the email address you specify on your order.
2. Homework! Yes, at the end of each lesson, I will assign homework. You will be expected to complete and return this homework back to me. Sure, you could skip out on the homework…but then, you wouldn’t be getting your money’s worth, now would you?
3. Weekly emails. In addition to the weekly lessons, you’ll also receive weekly emails from me. I’ll send you nice, juicy tidbits on setting up a freelance website, maintaining a safety net while you get situated, and understanding conflict of interest when accepting client assignments. I’ll also tell you how I turned a former content mill client of mine into a real, live client paying a real, living wage.
But wait…there’s more!
Don’t you just hate those cheap online courses where the instructor emails you a bunch of lessons and then leaves you to fend for yourself? Well, that’s not happening here. Because I know that, no matter how much information I try to pack into my course, there will always be one stone left unturned. Or some point left unclarified.
That is why, in my course, you also get unlimited email access to me. Got a question that I didn’t quite answer in the lessons? Don’t worry; I’m here for you. Just email me and I’ll do my best to address your concerns as quickly as possible.
My money-back guarantee
I pack some mean punches in this course and will be asking you to work hard. There is no room for slackers here. The homework assignments will require that you go online or to your local library and do some serious research. Yeah, there is going to be a steep learning curve- but I don’t think you’d want it any other way. Switching careers and becoming a freelance writer is a major undertaking. And my personal commitment to you is to help you get there.
I’m confident that my course will help you become a successful freelance writer. In fact, I am so confident that I’m offering a 60-day money-back guarantee. That means you can go through the entire course and, if you decide that you don’t like it, get your money back. It’s that simple.
All this for just $49…
… so what are you waiting for?
Every day, you are faced with choices. You can choose to eat fast food or you can pack a healthy lunch. You can read a great book or watch another mind-numbing sitcom. You can better yourself or maintain status quo.
This is 2014. This is a new year filled with new possibilities and new hope. Will 2014 be your year? Will you take this moment to invest in yourself, break free of that 9-to-5 job that sucks the very life out of you, and finally become a successful freelance writer? I sure hope so.
UPDATE: There are only a few open seats left!
Classes start Monday, January 27th!
Registration for Jump Start Your Freelance Writing Career! starts today and runs until January 27th.
However, I’m only allowing 100 spaces for this class. I expect that it will sell out way before January 27th. Once all 100 spaces are filled up, I will close the registration window.
I will be updating the above count with how many seats are left. As you can see, it’s moving fast!
Get in early! This course will fill up fast!
Registration is now closed!
Questions or comments before signing up? Leave a message below!