Seeking Detailed Refund Stories

The most common question asked on I’ve Tried That is “How can I get my money back?” We don’t have the time or money to sign-up for every single program and attempt to get our money back. So, I’d like to make this an active community effort to compile a list of known scam websites and how you can in contact with someone in order to receive your refund. I want to be able to list the exact steps that need to be taken to ensure that you receive your money back.

Share Your Story
If you’ve signed up for a website and later received a refund, please post your story below. Please give full details including the name of the website, the URL, who you talked to, what numbers you called, how you approached your bank or credit card company, etc. Specifically I’d like to request refund success stories revolving around “Data Entry Jobs” like DataEntryBusiness.com and any type of refund processing jobs. I’ll compile the list as details are posted and make it a prominent, ever growing feature of this site.

So please, if you have an experience that you can share to help others, make a comment below. Together we can make sure that these scammers don’t receive another dime. Do your part and help everyone out.

I have been building six figure businesses online and helping others do the same since 2007. Let me show you how it's done. Click here to learn how to build a real business online.

1. I TOO WAS TAKEN IN BY ANGEL STEVENS OR WHATEVER ALIAS SHE IS NOW
    USING. DID YOU EVER WONDER WHY ALL THESE SHYSTERS STOP DOING
    WHAT THEY WERE MAKING TONS OF MONEY WITH AND EITHER WROTE A
    BOOK OR HAS A ONLINE SET OF INSTRUCTIONS THEY WILL SELL YOU FOR
    A PRICE. IF THEIR SYSTEM WAS SO GOOD, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE TO
    RESORT TO SCAMMING AND BEING AN ALLOUT THIEF. I AM WORKING WITH
    MY BANK TO GET THIS FRAUDULENT $197.00 REMOVED FROM MY ACCOUNT.
    MY BANK SAYS THEY GUARANTEE AGAINST THIS TYPE OF GARBAGE. WE
    SHALL SEE. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER AT AGE OF 70. SO ANGEL
    WHY DON’T YOU GET YOURSELF A REAL JOB THAT YOU ARE TRULY
    QUALIFIED FOR. IT REQUIRES A GOOD LINE OF BULL AND A SEXY VOICE
    AND A MATTRESS. jUST REMEMBER NOT TO CHARGE MORE THAN 2 BUCKS
    WHICH IS WHAT YOU ARE WORTH. THANKS FOR ALL THAT YOU ALL ARE
    DOING TO GET THIS PIG BACK IN HER PEN AND OFF THE INTERNET.
    MICHAEL

2. Hello Friends~
    You can get your refund,persistance is the key. This is the process I went through:
    1)Try through the company first to get the refund process started. You signed up through the internet, so hard copy(print) all correspondance with Angela Penbrooke.Get the name of each and every person you talk to plus date and track all refund numbers. Keep record of this.
    2) Call the Penbrooke number that is listed on your Credit card statement in all correspondance with them.
    3)Once you have a paper trail of all internet and telephone correspondance, call your credit card company and report fraud, talk to a person.You will fax all info to your credit card company to add substance to your case.My credit card company took the charge off my card.
    4)Check your card statement online for the refund. Continue to call the Angela Penbrooke line and bug them; such as agent spoken with promised to issue a refund by such and such a date, where is it, it has not posted to my account yet. By the time you have released this info to the Credit card company, Angela Penbrook and crooks are getting pressure from your card company and you.5)Do be professional yet unrelenting. Good Luck.
    Blessings~Mermaid

3. hello friends, i purchase this program from penbrook too, but could not process a single rebate, tooo tooo confusing with no links. but i do recieve my refund in less than a week thanks to them.i’m sorry for all those people who don’t.angela penbrook is really a scam.

4. Well I wish I had read up on penbrook before I put in my $197. I have called numberious times and was given a conformation number and my money was suppose to be put back on my credit card 7 to 10 days then 5to 7 days then 3 days then twice they said 24 hours. I have yet to get it back. Penbrook is a skam and I cant believe I fell for it. I will continue to try to get my money back. They are getting rich off of people who are needing to make money.

5. I just brought the Angel Steven Process at home yesterday paid 197.00. I did not do by homework of checking it out before buying it. Well today I got an E-mail from them to start me course but, for some reason I did some search and the news was not so good IT IS A SCAM! I just have called them twice (1-888-514-6001). The person that answered the first call was Joice and asked from my name, e-mail, phone #, and zip code said I should get an e-mail with in 24-48 hrs. Then I called again they asked the same info and said I should get my money back within 5-10 business days. Well we will see. I hope I do cause that is alot of money.

6. Years ago I signed-up for one of those “get paid to do surveys” ebooks/packages to see what it had that you couldn’t find in Google for free. Well, the answer was ‘nothing.’ Although they did fill their ebook with affiliate links.

So I requested a refund via email (all they gave you was some @yahoo address) and waited. Nothing.

So I emailed Clickbank directly and they gave me an immediate refund. So the moral of the story is that if you buy anything where Clickbank is the payment processor, you should be fine if you want a refund :)

7. Today I actually recieved my refund- so there’s some sort of hope for this criminal scammer. Just keep calling and keep calling and get yourself a refund confirmation number at least so you can have some sort of trail to them, better yet tell them you want a e-mail confirmation so you can send to the Credit Card companies for back up.

8. For those of you who would like to physically see EXACTLY what Angela Penbrook/Stevens is selling for $197 simply go to this website: wealthdci.com/ register a bogus username and password and it will take you directly to the ebook. You dont even have to pay a DIME for the info…..just something I figured out on my own hope this enlightens you to what they are REALLY selling you………or you can go DIRECTLY TO THE Ebook by going to this website: rebateprocessortools.com/ebook/

9. Today i called 1-866-885-8126 or 1-800-875-8042 and pressed “0” as soon as I heard the Angela Penbrook greeting and in seconds I got a live person. His name was David Peterson. I told him I wanted a complete refund of my $197 and he asked me my E-mail address and name and what zip code I was from. He then told me that i was going to get a complete refund and gave me a autorization code number for it. Then I called back 2 minutes later and spoke to a woman named Rachel who did the same thing and also gave me the same authorization refund code as the previous Mr. David Peterson. I asked for their address and he told me that he couldn’t give me that information but he was in Urban California. I tried calling the Better Business Bureau and they dont do much but throw you on hold forever. I called my credit card company and I was told that the charge is pending and sometimes they know that you caught on to them and the charge gets dropped off as if you didn’t even make the transaction. Has anyone gotten charged and actually recieved any materials from these people? Or is this a complete scam where they just take your money and you never hear from them again? I read that some people actually recieved documents and materials then they just cant get in touch with them. I think they are on a different time zone than we are because last night at about 11:00pm all I got on the phone was music for long periods of time. I will call my Credit Card company again tomorrow and find out id it was charged to my account. I will also keep on file of the numbers and people I’ve spoken to so I can get help.