This post continues my week of an in-depth review of Wealthy Affiliate. Read the introductory post here.
Introduction to Article Marketing
The first few chapters of the article marketing training give you background information on how to conduct research and find profitable, interesting niches to write articles on and promote affiliate products.
The articles you write will be submitted to various article directories with high rankings in search engines. This works to your advantage because by submitting the article to these sites you are adopting their search engine ranking, meaning that you can get listed on the first page of the results in a matter of days. You leverage the power of large sites to get top natural listings for your articles in a fraction of the time.
What this ultimately means is that Wealthy Affiliate will teach you how to write articles, get them listed high in search engine rankings, and make money off of your hard work.
What I Accomplished in Week 1
The first week of my review has been mostly training. I needed to learn the ins-and-outs of article marketing. I didn’t expect to dive right into work from the beginning. The sheer amount of information and training available is remarkable to say the least.
The quantity of information may be high, but they, by no means, skip over quality of information. I am thoroughly impressed, more than I’ve ever been with any other program so far. It’s easy to see how a beginner would be overwhelmed with information; however, Wealthy Affiliate does an amazing job breaking down information into easy to follow steps and advice.
So far, I’ve learned how to:
- Pick a niche market that ultimately needs my help.
- Find an audience and how to conduct market research. Wealthy Affiliate helped me figure out: Who is my audience? What are they looking for? Where can they get this (online)? Why do they need this? How can my offer help or benefit them?
- Conduct keyword research which will help me connect with my audience. I needed to know what they will be searching for and how they will be searching.
- Find a product to sell because without something to sell, article marketing wouldn’t exist.
- Properly write and article and have it show up in search engine results ultimately driving traffic to my article, but more importantly, my affiliate links.
I admit this week was a bit boring, but you need to learn the basics if you plan to make it anywhere as an affiliate marketer. I took this week slow, focused on learning as much as I could on article marketing, and spent a good amount of time reading articles on the topic and spending time within the forums.
Tomorrow’s post will include a lot more details regarding my personal experience and you’ll get to see how I made my very first sale. Stay tuned!