This is a no-frills post. Below is an outline of all the online companies that have sent me a check or direct deposit this month only. This will most likely become a recurring theme on the site as I receive more checks and Joe adds his input as well.

1. Google Adsense – Adsense has consistently sent me the largest checks each month. They pay publishers (anyone who runs a blog or website) for advertising text or image ads. The publishers make money each time a visitor follows an advertisement. If you have a website or blog and you want to start making money online, Adsense is the way to go.

2. Azoogle Ads – Azoogle Ads is an affiliate based program. In short, you refer people to products or programs and receive commission if they sign up or make a purchase. Their support team is excellent and their payouts are always on time. There is one major drawback though. You need a website or blog to advertise their programs.

3. Commission Junction – By far, this is my favorite program to work with. Like Azoogle, they are an affiliate program where you make money through commissions. Through CJ, you can find a partner for any niche. Their vast library of advertisers is unreal. If you own a website and aren’t signed up for Commission Junction, you’re truly missing out.
Sign up for Commission Junction.

4. Survey Savvy – If you’re looking to make money doing online surveys, you need to be a member of Survey Savvy. For almost a year now, I’ve received checks on a weekly basis in the high $xx range. It also helps that I have almost 2000 referrals.

These are the four programs that I’ve received money from for this month. As I expand my options and we test more programs, the list will grow. Feel free to ask any questions in the comments below, but I won’t give out specific earning numbers. Sorry!

Last Updated: August 27, 2007

Join the Discussion

Glen

I have replaced the income of my last job with what I make from Adsense, affiliate sales, and direct advertising sales. Making money from blogging is not easy but it can be done.

Gill

Hi
    Has anyone tried doing this one? It is a free e-book that claims you can earn $400/day if you so wish. I’ve done some research on Google and I find nothing but praise for it from the info I found, but I’m still sceptical-please inform you know anything about it.

Regards
    Gill

Sheriee

Hey there,
    Just thought i would include something here. I too am looking for a work from home job as i am currently caretaker for my husband who is memory impaired.
    So, stumbled across an “About” page of a guy who had done some research into legit work from home jobs as well. He did recommend three places that he found ” a good percentage” of the jobs were legit. One of them was “www.craigslist.com” so i went there to check out the jobs. He did encourage anyone who ventured there to do their homework and using caution before trying anything.
    Well, i did check out one that simply said “Data Entry/Ad Typist at home”. Wrote an email inquiring about the job and here’s the response:

From: “dashko d”

Hi Sheriee,

At home Data Entry Position, great opportunity for stay at home moms,dads or anyone who wants to work in the comfort of your own home.

Requirements:

-You will need a computer with Internet access, valid email address, good typing skills and basic
    -Internet knowledge.
    -You will be processing orders from your computer. How much you earn is up to you. The average salary is $300-$500 per week depending on if you are working part or full time.

Information:

This is not telemarketing. No phone work required. Strictly data entry. You
    will be processing orders online.

Details:

This home based Technical Data position gives you the opportunity to earn $300.00 – $500.00 per week depending on the time devoted. Even though no
    experience is required we are seeking only self-motivated people with the desire to work in this field. You must have access to a computer with Internet access, a dedicated e-mail account, and strong typing skills. You can choose to work full-time or part-time and can choose to work the hours of your choice. You do not have to contact anyone. You will be processing applications, which will be explained to you in your training materials. Everything is sent to your email account. There is no contract to sign; the
    amount of applications that you choose to process is entirely up to you. As with any job, you must be willing to work hard and try to respond to the
    orders in a timely manner.

Compensation:

You will be paid from $10.00 to $20.00 for each entry you process. For example, if you process 30 entries in a week you make $300 to $600 weekly.
    The average person makes $400 per week.
    The amount of money you earn is entirely up to you. You will be responsible for keeping track of your earnings for tax time as we do not take out any taxes or provide you with a 1099 form.

Training:

The training materials you receive will give you step-by-step instructions on how to get started immediately. When you receive your training materials you can choose to begin working on the same day. No special software is required for this position.

Method of Payment:

You will receive your payment through PayPal.
    You are not going to be paid weekly; you will be paid for each application that you process.
    There is a ONE-TIME, non-refundable fee of $4.95 USD This cost will cover the training materials sent to you. Once you process your very first order, you will have made back this fee. Please understand that as much as I would like not to charge this small processing fee, we must protect ourselves from those who are not serious about this work. No business can afford to cover administrative cost, wasted time or provide
    costly materials to everyone who inquires about this position.
    The Training Materials will automatically be sent to your e-mail after your payment is received, you can then get started right away. If you do not have a PayPal account click on the link below or copy and paste to create your account, so
    you can get paid for your work and purchase your materials.

Please notify us when you have made the payment, so we can be sure the Materials were sent.
    Please send your payment through PayPal(https://www.paypal.com) to our PayPal account address: ddashko@hotmail.com
    If you need a referral to open your account you can use this email address as a referral.

Thank You and I hope you join our team!

Merry Christmas
    Dashko

Now, i did notice that there is no mention of the name of the company, no physical address, etc. But, since i’ve not be scammed before, i did send them the required amt. for said training material. So, time will tell whether or not i got scammed, but it wouldn’t surprise me if i did. I figured $5 wouldn’t make or break me so i gave it a shot.
    I returned to craigslist today to look again for the ad but it wasn’t there.
    That being said, it does pay to “do your homework” before trying ads. But, on craigslist, all you get is a number and no way of really checking them out first as far as i know.
    K, thanks for looking out for us…
    Regards,
    Sheriee

Bernie

Hi all,
    thank God I found your site!
    I’ve been looking for a work at home business for several months, carefully weighing up the +ve’s and -ve’s of each site I’ve checked out.
    I was just about to sign up to legitonlinejobs.com when I found you! After spending some time here and reading about that site and many others, I have come to the conclusion that there just isn’t anything worthwhile online anymore. (I’ve worked Google Adsense for over a year and have a whole $7 to show for it!) Even Adsense and blogging have become so drenched with people doing it, that the money earned from them doesn’t justify the costs of using them anymore!
    Hey, if anyone knows of a legitimate work at home online business that isn’t going to ask me for $40+ to just get a useless and outdated list of companies, or ask me for $997 to join and then sell the same $997 (and let’s not forget the stupid fee of $49.95 per month for the ‘privilege’ of being a member) package to other users online, then please, feel free to email me – just don’t ask me to join YOUR company by paying YOU a fee!

shehla

Hi,
    great site..!!need your help to set up my website. i tried godaddy… it was very bad experience. could you tell me from where shall I buy domain name and webhosting services.

I appreciate your help….!!

Joe

You got it, John. See my post about it here.

John Camp

Joe,

I would like your advice on this web site. It was on the top 10 list for making money online opportunities. I just reviewed it and need some direction.

Thanks.

John Camp

Steve

Louis,

Making money through online programs isn’t for the feint at heart. It requires a lot of work and effort. It sounds like you would be better off finding a regular job. There isn’t a single program online that you can sign up for and make thousands of dollars for doing little or no work.

Louis

Hi this is my first time answering a blog but I want to thank you about the tip you had on Dataentrybusiness.com. I was so close and my last thought was to come and check you out before I made my fatal mistake. I just really need some kind of at home work. I find myself jumping from fake site to fake site. If you could give me maybe a site that will provide me an at home job that would really help my family out. My mother has cancer and I have to be home to take care of her. I have just been traveling to odd jobs frome day to day and I need something a little more steady. I just dont trust anything online any more. I gotten burned too many times. Once again thanks.

Steve

I can’t give you a definitive answer on how long it would take you to become a successful blogger. Everyone will have varying levels of success.

Linda

Two questions:
    how much time can take for a Starter Blogger or Starter Webmaster to make 200 bucks a month?

I have more than one friend that earn significan income from Adsense and affiliate programs like Ebay and Amazon. Something like u$s5000 a month.

I always wanted to start a monetized blog (I have one in fact), how much time do you think it could take me?