Home > Data Entry Jobs > I Was Scammed by Dataentrybusiness.com

I Was Scammed by Dataentrybusiness.com

A true hall of shame honoree, dataentrybusiness.com continues to rack up the victims. In the comments section of that post, Claudette writes:

i tried dataentry business for my son who wanted to make some money while he was studying in London. the thing is a scam and we found this ou the hard way when we checked our credid card account and found that yahoosearch had started deducting 30.00 every 3 days from our account via paypal. He was hesitant at first and wondered why they wanted his credit card account before signing up, but we thought that it was so that he could be paid. I had to put a block on my account so that even i cannot use it now.. i called yahoosearch and they promised to refund my money. however when i tried to contact dataentry business for my $49.95 refund, they sent me that same letter which they sent Julia. aparently, Yahoosearch did indeed tried to contact us to discuss the problem. and when i called them concerning cancellation and refunding the paypal deductions they promised to comply. they have not yet done so. now i am convinced that there really is no legitimate dataentry business online. cant you do somethiig about ths. why must people get away with this kind of scam.

There should indeed be something we can do. I’ll spend some time looking into that this week. Meanwhile, keep ALL your guard up when searching for opportunities online, and look at these ways to educate and protect yourself:

What YOU can do
Scams like this one thrive on ignorance and emotional appeal. You can help put these guys out of business by spreading the word about this post and the dirty tricks of scammers that want to kick you when you’re down. Help us get the word out:

1. Share this post by clicking on the “Share This” link below
  2. Learn more about this and other online scams by reading the Related Posts below
  3. Report fraudulent activity at Scam Victims United and to your local police

1. Thanks for sharing it. I appreciate your kindness to share it with us so that we will not experience the same thing.

2. Karen Herzog says:

i was scammed too by them. i tried to go back to their website, and it no longer existed. couldn’t bet my $$$ money back. i don’t know who or what to trust on-line anymore. and i need money desperately. i’m about ready to go get this housecleaning job and work 40 hours a week, making $10 an hour, with paid health insurance, etc.

3. It is a scam website. I charged me $49.95 registration fee. I want a refund. I sent them many e-mails but they just ignore it. I don’t know how to get back my money.

4. dont beleieve what you read on pre-sell pages.if it it sounds too good to be true,its most probably not true.these programmes fail to tell you the downside of their offers on the pre-sell pages

5. Reply
  6. Thanks for that, okeke. I haven’t looked into any “Work at Home” jobs since posting back in January, but it’s good to know anyway. It appears that the only ones having any successing working at home are the scam artists posting the “Work at Home” jobsites!

7. Yep Harold,both websites are one and the same.according to a piece i read in a website:www.safefromscams.co.uk,some online scams scrap their old website,and come up under a new name,all in a bid to stay in business.What i dont understand is why one has to pay an upfront fee for these so called work at home jobs

8. Mmmm I also signed up for dataentrybusiness and left it for a couple of mths before I had another look at it and surprise surprise – as far as I can see it doesn’t exist anymore. Everytime I go into their website there are no links to go to, to even try and give their data entry a try or am I just imagining it. Can anyone still get into their website???

9. Barbara Staples says:

I was checking out “Freelance Home Writers.com” when I ran across this website. Please let the Better Business Bureau know about this. When any site wants you to pay up front, get REALLY suspicious – and go to BBB.com first – and then run a really thorough search for others’ experiences.

10. Does anyone know where there is a legit at home or online job?? I have a disabled son I need to stay home with. But these scam jerks keep taking the little money I do have!!

11. By the way, I discovered the above site after providing my email address to top-paying-homejobs.com. This was listed at the top of my Gmail page. After providing them with my email address, they sent me an email with an enticing offer:

“Our #1 Work at Home Job of 2007 is data entry business. This work at home job requires you to enter data on your keyboard in exchange for pay checks… We labeled this our #1 home job of 2007 because of ease of start-up.. All you need is a computer and internet connection
    and you can start typing at home for dollars today…

More Details about this data entry job at…[link]”

So I clicked the link, which took me to the above-mentioned site. (If you look at the bottom of this site, by the way, it has a “Copyright Freelance-Home-Writers.com”.

I hope this helps keep anyone from getting scam. I didn’t provide any financial information of my own, and I don’t know if these sites are scams, but I have a strong suspicion they are. It appears to be a resurre cted dataentrybusiness.com, which we know to be a scam.

12. I was just checking out another one like this, spelled slightly differently:

Did you catch the extra letter “n”? This one is making just about the same promises as the site you’re mentioned, and perhaps their both the same company. Thanks for getting these bastages!

13. I paid $50 dollars and thye did not sent, a thank you note for get in scams. Keep your money away from this scammers

14. Hagop, if you read up through the comments on this thread, you’ll see people who have successfully gotten refunds. I suggest you follow their advice.

15. i have just joined dataentrybusiness.com paied by creditcard
    i created username and password but when i tried to log in i could not i think i been had what can i do

16. If something sounds too good to be true… it usually is.

17. glad to come across your site cuz we was about to sign up thanks :-)

18. I just joined with data business. I think I’ve been ripped off. I paid on my credit card. What should I do?

19. My friend and I was thinking about doing this and I am so glad I ran across this website!

20. I’m so glad your website exists! I received an e-mail that as ALMOST going to seduce me to apply for Dataentrybusiness.com when suddenly a litle thought crossed my mind: “just for curiosity’s sake, let’s find out what others wrote about that website”. And there it was – your website! Preventing me to get ripped off big time!
    I can’t thank you enough!

21. God led me to this website.from legitonlinejobs to nick marks’s forexenterprise,and now dataentrybusiness,you guys are just exposing all the online scams i was going to sign up for.