Etsy is the go-to online marketplace for people who want to buy and sell handmade, vintage, or unique factory-manufactured items from around the world, and with the right pick from the Etsy Best Sellers list, it can be a lucrative online venture.
Launched in 2005, this platform has reached massive success with over 96 million active Etsy buyers, 7.5 million active Etsy sellers, and almost $13.5 billion in total sales as of 2021.
If you’re a maker of crafts, art, jewelry, handmade beauty products, knick-knacks, toys, and other quirky items you won’t find anywhere else, Etsy should be your first e-commerce platform option.
Here are a few reasons why:
- Cheap startup costs – You need to pay 20 cents for each item you list. If it sells, you’ll pay Etsy a small transaction fee (6.5% of the selling price).
- Well-built system – From its search feature to inventory management, logistics, and so on, Etsy makes the hard stuff look easy. The site is also updated regularly and prioritizes ease of use both for its buyers and sellers.
- Free traffic and marketing – You can always sell your stuff on your own website, but listing them on Etsy means you won’t have to work on building traffic, marketing your site, and making sure people find your products online.
- Friendly community and support – Etsy.com has a tight-knit community of creators who support each other online. Not only do they advertise items from fellow Etsy sellers, but they also help out with common buy-and-sell questions. The in-house Etsy support isn’t that bad either.
- Etsy events – Building an online store doesn’t have to mean you’ll be stuck in cyberspace forever. At Etsy, you get to participate in various localized events created by various Etsy teams.
Ready to join the exciting world of Etsy? First, you need to figure out what is currently popular and selling well on Etsy… and if your product fits the demand.
The Best Selling Etsy Shops
One way to determine if your product has a shot is to check out the most popular Etsy shops on the platform.
But first things first, don’t go to Etsy.
It may seem like a good idea to visit the most popular shops on Etsy, but I think you should start your product search elsewhere.
Specifically, Amazon Handmade’s Featured Artisans list.
Why? Because you can take what is selling well at Amazon and then replicate that success at Etsy.
The following shops may not carry items that are Etsy best sellers, but checking out the top-selling stores and the products they’re selling can give you an idea of what the buying market at Etsy wants.
Etsy Stores With The Most Sales
Note: The ranking and sales data are updated as of October 2022. The ranking is based on sales for the last 30 days, while the figures in parentheses are all-time sales figures since the store opened.
Here are the 25 Top Etsy shops and the products they sell that have earned these stores these coveted spots:
1. PlannerKate1 (1,895,296 Sales) — Planner kits, binders, stickers
2. Beadboat1 (1,631,123 Sales) — Jewelry-making supplies
3. ModParty (1,459,264 Sales) — Bridesmaid gifts, groomsmen gifts, wedding favors, decorations
4. CaitlynMinimalist (1,816,536 Sales) — Minimalist, personalized jewelry
5. ilovelotus (794,231 Sales) — Healing crystals
6. TwistStationery (384,778 Sales) — Greeting cards, stationery, invitations
7. NewMoonBeginnings (658,397 Sales) — Healing crystals, different crystal-themed jewelry, energy, and aromatherapy items
8. HeatherRobertsArt (603,470 Sales) — SVG cut files for Cricut, fonts, and watercolor clipart
9. Worldincensestore (716,240 Sales) — Crystals, tumbled stones, sage, incense, candles
10. HappyKawaiiSupplies (824,433 Sales) — Jewelry-making supplies, decoden supplies, resin art supplies
No joke. Here are the fastest ways to make easy money online. Click here to see how.
11. SEEDVILLEUSA (676,442 Sales) — Flower seeds, fruit seeds, vegetable seeds
12. YourWeddingPlace (398,379 Sales) — Personalized wedding party favors and gifts
13. LuFFdesignstudio (157,243 Sales) — SVG files for Cricut, sublimation design downloads
14. DigitalCurio (647,018 Sales) — Commercial use clipart and graphics
15. MyPorchPrints (435,045 Sales) — Digital printables for junk journals, printable papers, tags, cards, Bible tabs, party supplies
16. hooraydays (452,729 Sales) — Wedding supplies, party supplies, holiday décor
17. DesignMyPartyStudio (447,459 Sales) — Printable invitations, party décor
18. GlitterMoonshineSVG (347,736 Sales) — Cutting and direct print designs in SVG, DXF, EPS, PNG file formats
19. yakutum (1,030,425 Sales) — Jewelry-making supplies
20. DOMEDBAZAAR (668,369 Sales) — Jewelry-making supplies
21. SilverPost (301,996 Sales) — Crystals, minerals, sterling silver jewelry
22. UnmeasuredEvent (298,931 Sales) — DIY editable stationery templates for weddings, baby showers, bridal showers, memorial celebrations, birthday parties, and other occasions
23. PartyTouchesUK (247,905 Sales) — Party décor
24. CrcbeadsShop (475,699 Sales) — Bead wholesaler for jewelry and craft making
25. BlingeeThingee (475,699 Sales) — Everything sparkly; rhinestones, faux pearls, glass beads, glitters, cabochons
Best Selling Etsy Product Categories
By looking at the top 25 Etsy stores, it’s easy to see the most sought-after items by the Etsy community.
If you want to get started on Etsy, here are the top product categories to explore, as well as product ideas per category and some of the top Etsy stores in each category.
Craft Supplies & Tools
Stickers are some of the best choices for beginners trying to get started on Etsy because they’re easy and inexpensive to produce and ship, plus the possibilities of design and material are endless.
You can make money from home and it doesn't have to be challenging. Click here to see how.
Beads, charms, hooks, tools, gems, and crafting tools also belong under this category, which are essentials in making jewelry.
Sewing, embroidery, and knitting supplies also fall under this category.
The top sellers in this category are:
Jewelry is a hit product category in eCommerce, no matter which platform you use. Necklaces, rings, earrings, bracelets, anklets, and hair vines are just some of the popular products on Etsy.
You can create a more loyal following and potentially more profits by creating personalized jewelry or allowing buyers to specify their own design and have you bring their designs to life.
Some of the top sellers in this category are:
You almost never see someone planning a wedding without at least browsing Etsy.
From engagement rings to engagement outfits, from invitations to bridal shower essentials, from tokens to the wedding entourage to thank you cards, everything can be found on Etsy for all types of brides.
Top sellers in this category include:
Home & Living
This is a broad category that covers anything that makes a home prettier, cozier, comfier.
Products under this category saw a huge boom over the last couple of years as we stayed at home and wanted to improve our surroundings.
Wall décor, decorative crystals, handmade signs, candles and candle holders, doormats, and rugs are just a few of the more profitable items you can look into.
Check out some of the top sellers in this category:
Paper & Party Supplies
Finally, this is for the planner and journal lovers out there who want cute printables to write on.
3D papercraft also falls under this category, but creating these complicated works of art requires intricate skills.
Party needs like invitations, placeholders, and greeting cards also fall under this category. With the rise of accessible, low-cost graphic design software, these may be simpler for you to create.
The Bottom Line: Etsy Best Sellers in 2022
Etsy is an amazing marketplace not only because it gives creative people an outlet to sell their art, crafts, and other handmade masterpieces, but also because it has built an impressive community that supports each other even in the real world (check local Etsy market events) and on their respective blogs.
The above list is fairly comprehensive as to what really sells on Etsy. If you can’t find something up there that fits your interests, Etsy likely isn’t the platform for you.
It’s an extremely valuable ecommerce platform though. PlannerKate is receiving over a thousand orders per day.
If you are trying to get started, make sure you follow our how to sell on Etsy guide to help find your footing.
Do you have a favorite store? Or one of your own that you’d like us to link to? Leave me a comment below with the details.