Recently, I’ve been receiving a lot more emails regarding “processing” type jobs and their legitimacy.
It’s safe to say that if a job title includes the word “processor,” it is a scam. Along those same lines, if an employer makes any mention of you handling money from home, it is a scam. There are no real jobs out there that will pay you hundreds of dollars for handling someone else’s money.
Here are a few of the most common “processing” scams being passed off as jobs today…
- Email Processing – The job ad says you can make $25 per email you can process and it takes 5 minutes to process each email. That’s roughly $300 an hour. My God I wish we lived in a world where I could get paid $300/hr to read emails. I’d be a millionaire overnight.
- Auction Processing – I don’t even know what this could be. How would one even process auctions? I thought I heard of a site this one time that handled auctions. eBay? Maybe? I can’t recall. They must not be doing very well if companies are hiring people from home to process auctions. Either that, or you know, this isn’t a real job.
- Paycheck Processing – This one is my particular favorite. With this one, the scammer sends you a few thousand dollars and need you to distribute paychecks to “employees” and keep 10% for yourself. Would it not make more sense for the business to just send checks to the employees instead of going through an complete outsider? It’s like they’re not even trying anymore.
- Rebate Processing – No, big name companies are NOT hiring workers to process rebates from home. Big businesses generally do not just rely on random people to handle their finances. It may come as a shock to you, but they like to retain as much of it as possible.
- Check Processing – This is along the same lines as the Paycheck Processing “job.” Receiving a fake or stolen check, deposit it, then send 90% of it overseas. Kiss that money goodbye once the fake check bounces in a week.
- Package Processing – Again, companies do not rely on independent home workers to handle their shipping and payment operations. With this one, a scammer will ship goods purchased with a stolen credit card to your house and then has you forward the packages to them overseas. This is a great way to have the cops come knock on your door and ask why you’re accepting items purchased with stolen identities.
These are just a few fake processing jobs I could recall off the top of my head. If you know of anymore, please do us all a favor and leave a post in the comments below.
Do not delude yourself into thinking that any of these “jobs” are real. Anything that involves you receiving money or packages is always 100% a scam. You are dealing with overseas criminals, stolen bank accounts, and fraudulent checks. Odds are, the scammer is collecting your personal information and working on stealing your identity too.
To top it all off, working with these scammers is highly illegal and could very well land you a criminal record if the authorities connect you with the stolen money/identities.
You DO NOT want to get mixed up with the likes of these scammers.
Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it always is.
There's only ONE program I really recommend. It helped me turn my 'hobby' into a $10,000+ per month money making machine. Click here for the exact formula I followed.