Hunting for jobs that pay 20 an hour? If you’re coming from a job with minimum wage ($7.25 to $15.20 per hour), it’s always the perfect time to make a change!
This post showcases over 40 jobs that pay 20 an hour from various industries. Some jobs do not even require degrees or work experience to land the job. Yes, even entry-level applicants are welcome.
40+ Jobs that Pay 20 an Hour
Although the federal minimum wage is expected to increase to $11/hour for existing contracts and up to $15/hour for new hires in many US states in 2022, it’s still good to aim higher and look for jobs that pay 20 an hour.
Here are good examples that these jobs exist:
- Taco Time NW – This locally-owned, Mexican-style restaurant chain founded by the Tonkin family has been committed to raising the wages of their crew to “livable wages” and last increased the crew’s salary at the end of 2021.
- The Boston Beer Company – Brewers of this company earn about $24 an hour.
- McCain Foods USA, Inc. – Production specialists at the food production company earn between $20 and $25 an hour.
- Mccormick & Co Inc. – If you’re looking for factory jobs in the food production industry, you can earn over $20 an hour as a blending machine operator.
- Land O’Lakes, Inc. – This farmer-owned food production cooperative pays machine operators starting at $20 an hour, while their maintenance mechanics get over $25/hour.
- The Kraft Heinz Company – Quality specialists at this company earn at least $22 per hour. Kraft Heinz is home to over 20 food brands, so expect availabilities in factories near you.
- Danone – One of the world’s largest food companies, Danone hires warehouse workers (for $20/hour), parts clerks (for $24/hour), and product packers (for $28/hour).
- Conagra Brands – Join the Conagra Brands team as a production operator and earn over $22/hour.
- Biogen – This biotech company develops therapies for autoimmune and neurological diseases. 75% of jobs at Biogen begin at over $20 an hour.
- Merck – About 78% of Merck’s employees are happy with their jobs. QA specialists, for example, earn about $25/hour, while research scientists earn over $30/hour.
- Pfizer – 37% of Pfizer’s employees work from home. Entry-level positions also earn about $28 to $30 an hour.
- Gilead Sciences – 91% of employees here feel that their job has meaning thanks to childcare options, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to buy company stock. For example, interns here earn over $25/hour, associate scientists begin with a $30/hour paycheck, and sales specialists could earn as high as $70/hour.
- AbbVie – This Illinois-based pharma company is known to pay its employees 6% above the market. Medreps at Abbvie earn $40/hour.
- Johnson & Johnson – This global company is present in 30 countries with 130,000 employees. R&D jobs begin at $25/hour, while admin positions start at around $20 an hour.
- Amgen – This company, which has developed several cancer treatments, is known to pay its employees high with educational opportunities and technical training. Average entry-level jobs at Amgen are paid around $23/hour.
Jobs that Pay 20 an Hour in Entertainment and Travel
- FILMLESS – This growing production company produces video content for a TON of clients. Their video editors earn around $27 to $35 an hour.
- Meta Design – With locations around the world, Meta Design employs multimedia artists with salaries ranging from $35 to $70 per hour.
- Guitar Center – This leading retailer of musical instruments hires sound engineering technicians across the country. They earn about $20 to $55 an hour.
- Chanel – When it comes to the fashion industry, Chanel is the most desired company to work for not only because of its renowned name but also because it takes care of its people. The mid-level fashion designers here earn about $35 an hour.
It is very rare to get paid over $20/hour in the retail industry, except if the positions or supervisory or managerial levels. As such, if you’ve got the experience, you can try your luck with these jobs that pay 20 an hour or more:
- Hobby Lobby – Retail managers here earn between $27 and $36 an hour. The company’s full-time workers begin at $18.50 (a starting wage that’s way higher than many retail companies in the country).
- Crate and Barrel – Customer service managers here earn about $50 per hour.
- Walmart – Since late 2020, Walmart has increased wages for its 165,000 employees around the country. Store managers here can earn starting at $35 per hour.
- Costco – Not only has Costco a reputation for being an exceptional employer, they also pay higher than average. Their Costco mid-level associates earn about $20 an hour.
- Ulta Beauty – Purchasing managers at this makeup and beauty supply store earn about $60 an hour.
Jobs that Pay 20 an Hour in Business, IT, and Finance
- Century 21 – As one of the biggest real estate companies in the country with over 122,000 real estate agents under their wing (as of Q1 2021), Century 21 is an in-demand company. Its real estate agents earn a minimum of $24 an hour.
- SAP America – This company’s software sales representatives earn $55 an hour. But what makes this job super sought after because they also receive up to $100k commissions.
- McDermott Will & Emery – This Chicago-based law firm is known to pay the highest in the industry. Even their paralegals earn between $22 and $35 an hour depending on experience.
- Zco – This app development firm is a frontrunner in the field and hires the best mobile app developers for over $50/hour. (Note that entry-level mobile app developers earn $30 an hour in the industry).
- Deloitte – The company has 55000 employees across 80 offices in the US. Their mid-level bookkeepers earn above $20 per hour.
Online Work-from-Home Jobs that Pay 20 an Hour
For some people, working from home is a priority. It could be because of convenience (no more commute), cost-effectiveness (no need to pay for childcare), or a newfound love for staying at home when they had to work from home due to the covid19 in 2020.
No matter what your reasons for hunting online work may be, these jobs that pay 20 an hour may sound appealing to you:
- Buffer – If you know your way around social media, digital marketing, and the works, you can land jobs at Buffer that pays 20 an hour.
- Intuit – Got experience balancing sheets, reconciling credit cards, and performing other bookkeeping tasks? You can earn up to $22/hour as a remote, part-time Intuit bookkeeper.
- Magoosh – You’ll need a bachelor’s degree to help students with standardized tests, like the ACT or GED. The job pays $25 an hour.
- nThrive – Experienced medical coders with AHIMA credentials and experience in a hospital setting can apply as an at-home medical coder and earn $25 an hour at nThrive.
- Proofreading Pal – Earn $20/hour for proofreading if you have a graduate degree with editing skills and experience with APA, MLA, CMS, and other writing styles.
- Scribe Media – Experienced editors can help authors with their work and be generously compensated $45 to $50 an hour.
- TeleReach – Open only to US-based applicants, become a work-at-home appointment setter for TeleReach and earn up to $25/hour.
- Chegg (formerly InstaEDU) – Become a tutor for Chegg and help college-level students with business, engineering, math, and sciences subjects to earn $20/hour.
- Wonder – For excellent researchers and writers, you can earn between $20 and $30 an hour if you become one of the company’s “Wonder Researchers.”
The Bottom Line
Of course, it’s human nature to seek greener pastures, so enjoy browsing these jobs that pay 20 an hour. I hope you find vacancies available in these companies and industries.
If you’re looking for more opportunities with offers above minimum wage, don’t miss my post about jobs that pay $15 an hour as well.
If you can afford to take your sweet time looking for the perfect job, you can do these weird ways to make money online, make your car work for you by renting it out or getting paid to drive, enjoy nature jobs if you love the Great Outdoors, or embark on 10 of the best sporty jobs you can do from home.