If you’re looking for a change in career or hoping to add a second job to your weekly schedule, check this list of 100 jobs that pay 15 an hour.
- Seeking New Product Testers - Get a GIANT box of free stuff sent right to your door. All you have to do is rate what you get.
- Opinion Outpost - Test out new products and get paid to answer questions about them! Work with companies like Apple, Nike, and Amazon!
- Money for Your Thoughts - The #1 survey site that doesn't suck. Short surveys, high payouts, simply the best.
- Nielsen - Download and install their app and get paid $50!
I put together this resource under two categories – work-from-home and on-site jobs.
Of course, not every one of them would suit your skills, work experience or personal preference, but I’m sure you can cherry-pick even up to 5 jobs from this list.
(And if you’re looking for a little more, here are 40 jobs that pay $20 an hour as well!)
35+ Jobs that Pay 15 an Hour
The federal minimum wage has remained at $7.25 per hour since 2009.
Although some states like Washington, DC continues to be the only state with $15/hour minimum wage (other states range from $6 to $12 per hour), companies have taken it upon themselves to increase their hourly-wage workers’ compensation. Here are some of these companies:
Food Service Industry
- Ben & Jerry – This ice cream company has been recalculating its employee wages every year, so that its full-time workers can have a “livable wage.” The company describes paying workers “significantly higher than the national minimum wage,” which it notes has meant an hourly wage of $18.13 in 2020.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill – The Mexican restaurant increased its employees’ wages resulting in a $15 average hourly wage starting July 2021.
- McDonald’s – Not all Mcdonald’s employees would be able to enjoy $15 an hour, but everyone gets to take home an average wage increase of 10% for its company-owned restaurants. Once it rolls out, entry-level wage for crew members would be at least $11 to $17 an hour, while the starting wage for shift managers would be at least $15 to $20 an hour.
- Starbucks – Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson announced in December 2020 that the company plans to establish a minimum wage of $15 an hour over the next couple of years. He explained to a letter addressed to Congress: “More than 30% of our U.S. retail partners are currently at or above $15/hour, and we continue on our path to ensure all U.S. partners will be making at or above $15/hour within the coming two to three years.”
Jobs that Pay 15 an Hour in Healthcare
- Aetna – Healthcare company Aetna began paying its U.S. hourly wage workers a minimum of $16/hour in 2015.
- CVS Health – CVS Health announced on August 2021 that it will raise the minimum enterprise hourly wage to $15 an hour effective July 2022.
- Cigna – Global health service company Cigna increased its minimum wage for its U.S. employees of $16 an hour in 2018.
- Walgreens – NOT YET, but drugstore chain Walgreens Boots Alliance announced that it will raise its wages for hourly workers in phases, with the goal of reaching $15 per hour by November 2022.
- Aldi – This low-priced grocery chain had embarked on massive hiring (with 20,000 workers ready to be hired as preparation for the busy holiday season). The company also increased hourly rates with an average starting pay of $15 an hour for store positions and $19 for warehouse positions.
- Amazon – Jeff Bezos (the richest person in the world) and his company Amazon (the world’s largest online retailer by market cap) has gotten a lot of flak in the past for overworking its workforce. But in 2018, the company actually made a massive change by increasing employee starting wage to $15/hour across all Amazon and Whole Food stores in the country.
- Best Buy – Since August 2020, the minimum wage of Best Buy employees has increased to $15 per hour.
- Costco – The retail company raised its minimum wage to $16 an hour for its U.S store workers (around 180,000 of them)
- Hobby Lobby – The company was ahead of the “$15 an hour club” – its minimum wage had been $15/hour since 2014. In October 2020, this increased to $17 per hour.
- Sam’s Club – Sam’s Club raised the minimum wage for workers to at least $15 an hour made effective at the end of September 2021.
- Signet Jewelers — The parent company of Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H. Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples, Piercing Pagoda and JamesAllen.com announced in February 2021 that it will raise its minimum wage to $15.
- Target – During the start of the 2020 covid19 pandemic, the company made a temporary $2/hour increase to all its worker-frontliners, making the starting wage $15/hour. This was formally made permanent in July 2020.
- Under Armour – The company announced up to a 50% increase in its minimum pay rate for hourly teammates. Hourly rates increased from a minimum of $10 per hour to $15 per hour, which went into effect beginning June 6, 2021.
- Walmart – The country’s largest private employer announced in February that it is planning to pay its employees $15 an hour, but only increased the wage by $1, making the minimum wage rise to $12, from the $11 hourly base it set in 2018.
- Wayfair – Wayfair raised its minimum wage to $15 an hour in January 2021. Niraj Shah, CEO, co-founder and co-chairman of Wayfair, said in a press release. “Throughout the challenges of the past year, we rolled out numerous initiatives to support our team including pay premiums, bonuses and a family dinner program. Now, as we enter 2021, we are continuing to build upon our steadfast commitment to our team and their families by increasing minimum pay for all hourly employees.”
Jobs that Pay 15 an Hour in Business, IT and Finance
- Bank of America – After increasing its minimum wage to $17 in 2019, Bank of America started paying its workers at least $20/hour in March 2020. The bank also plans to raise this amount to $25 per hour by 2025.
- Charter Communications – This broadband connectivity company has had a $15 minimum wage since 2018. In April 2020, the company announced that it would permanently raise its minimum starting wage to $20 per hour in 2022 with annual increases of $1.50 an hour in 2020 and 2021. As of March 2021, the minimum wage Charter Communications offers is $18/hour.
- Facebook – The social media giant has been paying its workers at least $15 an hour since 2015. In May 2019, the company said it plans to increase this amount to at least $18 per hour in Seattle and a $20-an-hour wage in high cost-of-living markets such as San Francisco, New York, and Washington, D.C.
- Fifth Third Bank – This Midwest-based company, which has locations in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Georgia and North Carolina — raised its minimum wage to $18 per hour in 2019, positively affecting nearly 5,000 of its roughly 20,000 employees.
- Google – In 2019, Google began requiring that U.S. vendors and temporary workers receive a $15 minimum wage.
- Huntington National Bank – Huntington National Bank has raised its minimum wage to $16 an hour, and made improvements to its healthcare and family leave plan.
- JPMorgan Chase – The company’s wage increase depended on office locations. It began paying a minimum wage salary of $15 per hour to $16.50 per hour for employees in Chicago, Detroit and Wilmington, DE. Meanwhile, employees in high-cost areas like New York City and San Francisco earn $18 an hour.
- Santander Bank – In 2018, Boston-based Santander Bank joined numerous banks in Massachusetts and across the country by raising its minimum wage for employees to $15 per hour.
- Titanium Wireless – The company announced its wage increase back in January 2021, saying its “minimum wage for every employee — including entry-level — is $70,000 annually.” FYI, $70,000 annually equates to a monthly pay of $5,833, a weekly pay of $1,346, and an hourly wage of $33.65.
- Wells Fargo – Wells Fargo announced that it would raise its minimum wage to at least $15 for all employees by the end of 2020. The minimum wage is now as high as $20 for employees in high-cost areas.
Entertainment and Travel
- Boomers Parks – This amusement park chain with locations in California, Florida and New Jersey, has increased its minimum wage to $15 an hour in June 2021.
- Disney World – In 2018, Walt Disney World reached an agreement with a group of unions to raise its minimum wage to $15 an hour by October 2021. (Check this list of online Disney jobs if you’re interested in something home-based and non-traditional).
- Southwest Airlines – The airline company raised minimum pay to $15 an hour for about 7,000 of its employees beginning August 1, 2021. (Want to work from home? Southwest Airlines and other airlines also offer online airline jobs.)
- UPS – UPS announced a raise to $21 per hour for nightside workers and $20 per hour for dayside workers as they need more package handlers to soften the blow of the increased volume of packages coming into their facility.
Online Work-from-Home Jobs that Pay 15 an Hour
Maybe working on-site isn’t possible for you since an increase in wage overall could also mean a jump in childcare costs. Others enjoyed working from home during the lockdowns and wish to continue doing so.
No matter your reason for trying to find remote or home-based work, you’ll find that there are many online opportunities that pay $15 an hour. Here are just some examples:
- Apple at Home Advisor – At Home Advisors earn an average of $15 per hour. Your job is to provide answers and resolutions to customer issues within a single live chat or phone call to AppleCare. (Check this link for 30 other similar tech support jobs online).
- Byron – As a Byron virtual assistant, you get to earn 12-$15 per hour if you’re a US resident and if you have some experience as an executive assistant. (Learn more about becoming a VA here, plus 33 other companies offering VA positions.)
- American Express – The company hires virtual customer service agents to handle customer-related inquiries by phone. This position pays $16/hour. (Check here for other companies with home-based call center jobs.)
For insomniacs and other people who follow non-traditional sleep hours, this list of overnight jobs features all types of jobs you can work from home at night.
Do You Know of Other Jobs Paying $15 an Hour (or more)?
Did I miss anything?
If you know any other job paying $15/hour (or higher) and is willing to share, please leave a comment below. I’m sure others would love to know about it, too!