For more than a decade, I’ve been actively looking for ways to earn money: online, offline, and unconventional means. Getting paid to date is one of the most unconventional ways to make money that I’ve encountered.
I’m sure this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.
But if you’re single and would love to eat out for free, receive gifts, and socialize in exchange for cash, then this can be a great, if unusual, opportunity for you to earn side cash.
Let’s take a closer look at this side gig and where you can legally sign up for it.
How can you get paid to go on dates?
The idea behind get-paid-to-date companies is that they take away the trouble of finding a date for important occasions, such as weddings, family reunions, business dinners, and other such events.
With Hinge, Bumble, and other dating apps, you get to meet people, go on several dates, and try to see if there’s a spark before you’d be able to willingly let them meet the people in your life, like your friends and family.
But what if you’re single, need someone to accompany you next weekend, but you’re not currently dating or have no time to socialize?
This is where get-paid-to-date sites shine the brightest.
The rules of finding a date to hire on these sites or apps vary, but the end goal is the same: to find someone who will accompany you to a particular event or even just a meal with all the details and expectations of the date already laid out for both parties to accept or reject.
- Bidding sites — There are websites that follow a bidding system, where the person “selling” their time goes on a date with the highest bidder.
- Dating apps — Others look similar to a dating app, except some restrictions have been put in place. For example, all users are required to upload their pictures and personal details, but only paying users can send a message to dates-for-hire.
- Classified ads — Some companies take a classified ads approach. Those looking for a date post their budget, details of the date (when, what time, etc.), and wait for dates-for-hire to message their interest.
- Tinder-like — There are even apps that have most of Tinder’s features. The only difference is that the goals of the date-finder are declared upfront, so no one is expecting to find their soulmate or their future spouse.
Others may have different approaches, but they mostly have these in common:
- Fees: Most of these companies take a percentage of the membership fees to maintain the platform.
- Not illegal: Many of these get-paid-to-date websites clarify that they are NOT escort services.
- Physical contact not required: You’ll read on all of these platforms that sex or any physical contact is not required during the date. In fact, these websites encourage users to report any user who propositions another person for sex.
What to Expect on the Date
The “date” can be anything from attending concerts to going to the beach, or just sitting down one afternoon in a coffee shop.
There are tourists who look for dates locally, so they can check out hot spots and eat out at local restaurants without having to worry about sightseeing alone or not knowing the local language.
In some cases, the date could mean something more formal, such as business dinners, awards nights, galas, and so on.
The good thing about these get-paid-to-date sites is that they require paying members looking for people to hire to indicate as many details about the date as possible. This goes beyond the basics (such as date, time, location, what kind of event, etc.).
Listing down all the expectations they have for the date is important since the dates-for-hire rely on these details when deciding to go on that particular date or not.
How Much Can You Get Paid to Go on Dates?
Paid daters can earn anywhere from $50 to $500 per date. You will be paid cash either before or after the date. Payment details are one of the essential pieces of information you’re given before accepting a date.
Most websites don’t have limits on the number of dates you accept, which means you can commit to as many or as few dates as you want.
Of course, this industry is totally about physical appearances. How much a person for-hire earns will directly depend on how attractive he/she is.
Pull in some extra cash in the meantime…
While you’re waiting for the dates to line up, check out some of these sites that will pay you to be an influencer:
- SurveyJunkie - Get paid CASH to share your thoughts on some of the world's biggest brands.
- Daily Goodie Box - Get a GIANT box of free samples to test out and try shipped right to you at no cost!
- Branded Surveys - Work directly with companies like Nike, Samsung, Amazon, and Disney to improve their product lines.
4 Things You Should Know
- The majority of those who are successful are good-looking women and men who are non-traditional and are perfectly OK with getting paid to date.
- Those with looks stunning enough to attract more people can make over $1,000 a week doing this full-time.
- While many of these get-paid-to-date services claim that you can get paid to date rich men and women, there are more older, financially stable men looking for women than there are rich, powerful women seeking men as dates.
- There are no rules that ban you from going on a second date with another person outside of these sites, although that would be at your own risk.
11 Get Paid to Date Websites and Apps
Here are some of the most popular websites and apps that allow you to earn money from dating:
- WhatsYourPrice – This one is an auction/bidding site where women advertise their profiles and men bid on whoever they want to go on a first date with. It claims that bidders can “meet attractive people who otherwise may have been out of your league” while advertisers can “get reimbursed for the time and effort it takes to prepare for a date.”
- Ohlala – In contrast to other similar sites, the women get to choose date requests listed by paying male members.
- ProDate – To get paid to date on this website, you set up your profile, browse through requests, and choose the one you want to date. More importantly, you set the price and you get to keep 100% of your fee.
- RentAFriend – Dating doesn’t always have to imply something romantic. RentAFriend focuses on platonic relationships and just hanging out. They even offer “virtual friend services” where you can hire someone to hang out with you virtually on platforms such as Facetime and Zoom.
- My Bunny Date – Create an account as a “Gorgeous Member” for the opportunity to get paid to date other “Generous Members” for a mutually agreed-upon price before the date begins. My Bunny Date will also donate to charity on the Generous Members’ behalf, so you’ll actually dating for a good cause, too.
- Price Point Date – This is another dating auction site similar to WhatsYourPrice and My Bunny Date, allowing successful men a chance to meet and connect with attractive women.
- MissTravel – This site is focused solely on pairing up potential partners to take vacations together and travel the world. These dates are a little more extreme than your average meetup for coffee.
- TourBar – This site is for travelers to meet local singles to show you around town and experience it as a local would. It’s like having a dating app and a local guide in one.
- Rent a Gent – In contrast to the other sites on this list, this is a proudly woman-owned and operated website where ladies can book a Gent that has been pre-screened by an all-female panel.
- GFRental.com – Probably the opposite of RentAGent, GFRental is geared toward men looking for the girlfriend experience without the strings. Women who want to be girlfriends for hire need to apply.
- Phrendly – You can get paid to date virtually now, too: Phrendly provides a platform for socially distanced dating through phone, chat, or video calls.
Sugar Dating Sites
For all you sweet summer children who may not be aware, sugar dating involves a sugar baby, who receives gifts, money, or other forms of support from a sugar daddy (or mommy), who receives companionship in return.
So basically it’s getting paid to date but on a regular basis.
Admittedly, there is still some stigma in being a sugar baby or being a sugar daddy.
No joke. Here are the fastest ways to make easy money online. Click here to see how.
Many people still view this as borderline sex work, but nowadays, with an increased understanding of consent and boundaries, more and more people view this now as a consensual quid-pro-quo, with both parties knowing precisely what they’re getting into and having clear-cut terms of the relationship.
This way, sugar babies can dispel the notion of being manipulative gold diggers, and sugar daddies can dispel the idea of being lecherous rich people who take advantage of the situation.
Sugar dating sites facilitate searching and making contact between sugar babies and sugar daddies, aside from helping to remove sex from the equation, as these completely legal sites recognize that sex in exchange for cash is illegal.
If this interests you, here are some of the most recommended sugar dating apps (no links or screenshots, though):
- SugarDaddy[dot]com – One of the pioneers of this online industry (as evidenced by the domain name), this site is known as reliable and reputable, as all members are required to be verified.
- Seeking[dot]com – Previously known as Seeking Arrangements, this is one of the most popular and most trusted sites on this list.
- Secret Benefits – Plenty of sugar babies swear by this site, which is free to use by aspiring sugar babies.
- RichMeetBeautiful – The matching algorithm is reportedly so good that sometimes what starts out as a sugar dating arrangement turns into something long-term.
- Sudy – This app is one of the newest ones on the list, and the functionality reflects that. They don’t have too many users yet but it’s a chance for you to stand out from the competition.
Dating Safety Tips
Like any kind of dating these days, there is a risk of danger with making money dating other people. This goes for both men and women.
Here are some safety tips when meeting someone you’ve encountered through one of these sites.
Protect your real-life identity. Set up a username that doesn’t have your full name in it, don’t use photos from your social media, never give out your actual phone number (use a burner phone if you must), be purposefully vague about where you live (especially when you live alone), and never give them your financial information or send money electronically.
Do a video call at least once before you meet them in person. Avoid being catfished. Take precautions not to reveal your location or any identifiable information about you in the background of your video.
Meet them in public. Never meet them in their car, a parking lot, a motel, or anywhere secluded where you can’t escape quickly. Make sure someone else always knows where you are and who you’re meeting.
Never accept a ride home from them. Take or rent your own car, ride public transportation, have a friend pick you up, or use a rideshare app. Always have a way to get home by yourself.
Follow your gut. At any time during your conversations or date, if you feel uncomfortable for any reason, walk away. Don’t feel pressured to be “nice” and carry on conversations or continue contact with someone you have a bad feeling about. It just might save your life.
The Bottom Line
WhatsYourPrice spokesperson Heather Ebert described their service as follows: “By attaching a monetary value to a date, singles tend to take dating more seriously. Our members are able to cut through the noise and avoid an endless cycle of messaging so they can get straight to the date.”
It would’ve been a perfect justification for making money dating, but what I personally find not OK is how this industry highlights our society’s obsession with good looks (over personality).
That said, if you’re still interested in dating men or women for cash, the websites above are your best bet.
If you’re not interested in dating as a way to earn extra cash, but need a side gig, you could always get paid to eat and if you’ve completely sworn off ever leaving your couch, you can make money watching movies instead.