Do you have a knack for solving problems? Do you enjoy interacting with and helping people online? Does making money to do both sound good to you? If so, then getting paid to answer questions online could be a fulfilling way for you to make some side cash.
This list is about companies looking for experts to answer questions for their users.
I’m not going to waste your time trying to trick you into signing up for survey companies like so many other search results for this term.
The more you know and the more technical your field of expertise, the better your pay.
15 Places That Pay You to Answer Questions
The following companies regularly hire people to answer questions and get paid.
Find one that best suits your specialty and you can make some extra cash in your spare time.
1. Just Answer
Founded in 2003, JustAnswer is an online question and answer website that connects real-life experts (e.g., doctors, vets, lawyers, mechanics, electricians, etc.) with people who need expert answers immediately.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: To become a Just Answer expert, you’ll need to send an application, along with any diplomas or certifications that prove your expertise in your chosen category.
Once accepted, you get to answer questions within the assigned category and paid only if the question-sender accepts your answer.
- PAYMENT: Payment starts at 20% of the “fee” (anywhere from $5 to $90), which can go up to 50% as your rating increases.
Payments are sent via PayPal. You can also earn $50 per referral.
Study.com is a tutoring site where students and teachers meet up to work with each other.
If you’re not a teacher, but want to get paid to answer questions, you can participate in Q&A homework help.
As an Expert Q&A, you can help students struggling with difficult homework problems in math, English and other subjects — on your own time, whenever you want.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: There are multiple roles available on Study.com, so make sure you only send your application for the Q&A Homework Help section.
- PAYMENT: Since this is a full-time role, you’ll be given a standard rate before you begin work. Study.com pays its contractors twice a month.
Wonder is a resource site for researchers in need of instant feedback for their studies.
Customers ask a series of questions, which the Wonder team will answer.
Each job takes around 3 hours to complete, but the company offers its clients a 24-hour turnaround time so you’d have to finish the job before the deadline.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Researchers have to pass a short quiz and trial research assignments.
Once accepted, you must work on one job at a time and accept jobs at least once a week.
- PAYMENT: Researchers earn from $15 to $25 per hour.
Payments are sent via PayPal every two weeks.
Since 2014, SchoolSolver has been a tutoring site that helps students with answers for their homework and projects.
The best thing about SchoolSolver is that if you answer a question correctly, students who ask the same question can also buy your answer in the future. As such, you can receive $5 multiple times just for answering one question.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Registration is as simple as filling out a form. You just need to ensure picking out either “tutor” or “Student.”
The trickier part is finding a question that you know the answers to (and having the best answer that the student picks/buys your answer).
- PAYMENT: When you add your answer to a question, the student will be notified and given a chance to buy your answer.
Once the student pays, you will receive money in your School Solver account.
To withdraw money from your account, payments are done via PayPal and other supported methods and can be requested in your account page.
No joke. Here are the fastest ways to make easy money online. Click here to see how.
Maven is a platform for microconsultants (you) who are knowledgeable in certain topics and are willing to share what they know in exchange for cash.
What’s great about Maven is that it has an impressive roster of clients, from Intel to Boeing, Nestlé, and more.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: You need to sign up, select your industry, indicate current rate (there’s a pricing calculator), and you’re good to go.
Maven will contact you once a client is interested in your expertise.
- PAYMENT: Rates vary depending on your chosen industry and the amount of time you’re willing to commit.
PhotoStudy is a real-time online marketplace that helps students who are stuck on a homework problem about Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Chemistry, and Physics.
As such, the company is continuously looking for PhotoStudy Experts, who help the student become unstuck by walking them through a step-by-step explanation to their problem.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Simply click the “Apply Now” button to begin the hour-long application process.
If you pass a subject test, you’re eligible to begin working immediately.
- PAYMENT: Typically, PhotoStudy Experts can earn between $2 and $10 USD per hour, depending on problem volume.
The amount you earn depends on how many explanations you provide. Payment is automatically transferred to your payment account (either PayPal or Upwork) on the 1st and 15th calendar day of each month.
The good news is there is no limit to how much you can earn in a given pay period.
Studypool is a student resource, which tackles over 30 different subjects from accounting to biology, history, law, marketing, film, and a whole lot more.
You’d have to bid to be awarded the job and paid only when the student’s questions are answered to their standards.
Studypool is technically a tutoring site since you’re helping students with their homework or projects, but instead of teaching the student via chat, e-mail, phone call, or other means of communication, you’re going to work on the questions and submit the answer within a document.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Studypool requires its “tutors” to have a degree in higher education, or at least be a current college student.
Complete the straightforward registration process, then browse student questions on the site.
- PAYMENT: Fees depend on the questions you choose to answer (students set their price and deadlines when posting their questions).
Payment is sent via PayPal.
This company also serves as a platform for those in need of answers to questions in the field of medicine, business, technology, social media, law, and so on.
When invited to join, freelance experts are given a profile where their education, work experience, specialization and rates are displayed. Clients could then contact you directly (via phone, email or online chat) for a job.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Fill out this application form and wait for a PrestoExperts representative to contact you.
- PAYMENT: You are in control of your fees, so you may set it by the hour, per project, or so on.
Payment goes through PrestoExperts, which gets a cut, before sending your payment via PayPal.
Weegy is a community of live experts who answer stimulating questions (such as math problems, historical trivia, and so on).
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Anyone can join Weegy, which means you can participate as much or as little as you like.
- PAYMENT: Weegy experts receive 5 cents for every conversation they participate in.
Your earnings have to reach $10 before it automatically gets transferred to your PayPal account.
You can make money from home and it doesn't have to be challenging. Click here to see how.
Answeree is fairly new, but anyone can join and answer as many questions as they can.
According to the site, even those who ask questions could earn through Answeree, but no earning details about asking questions is stated.
There are only a few rules (no ads, no hate posts, no affiliate links, no copy-paste answers, and so on).
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Anyone can register and join Answeree.
- PAYMENT: Answeree pays 10 points (equivalent to 1 cent) for every answer and 5 points per comment.
Payments can be sent via PayPal (minimum $2 for new users and $5 afterward) or Skrill (minimum $10) when you request for it.
Keen is a bit different from the others on this list. They hire psychic advisors to answer questions about life, love, and relationships, as well as give psychic, tarot and spiritual readings.
They’ve been around for 20 years, and many of the psychic advisors here already have years of experience. But if you’re a psychic looking for someplace to start, Keen is one of the good ones.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: You have to register and create an account.
You can then fill out your profile along with your rates.
Wait for clients to contact you through phone (you get your own hotline number), email, or chat.
- PAYMENT: Payment is calculated by subtracting the platform fee from the rate you’re charging. Of what’s left, you get 52% and Keen gets 48%.
Advisors are sent automatic payments via Express Pay, check, or direct deposit.
HelpOwl.com is a pretty straightforward platform where users can ask and answer questions.
What’s unique here is that every time you contribute content, whether it’s asking or answering questions, you earn points. You can then redeem these points for Amazon.com or Walmart.com gift cards.
So technically you aren’t getting paid to answer questions, if you want to be strict about it.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Simply register and create an account to start asking and answering questions.
- PAYMENT: Earn 50 points for asking an original question, and earn 100 points for answering a question.
You get extra 1000 points if your answer is the first accepted answer to a particular question.
You also get bonus points when your answer is marked helpful, and deductions when it’s unhelpful.
Redeem a gift card from Amazon.com, Walmart.com, or iCard.
Minimum points to be able to redeem is $50,000.
1Q is a platform connecting companies doing market research to website members who receive questions via their smartphones.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Sign up on their website and register your mobile phone number to receive questions via SMS. You can download the app and receive questions that way too.
- PAYMENT: Payment varies per company and goes straight into your PayPal account.
If you’re a successful entrepreneur and you have some spare time, why not get paid to answer questions from fellow entrepreneurs?
Clarity connects aspiring entrepreneurs to experts who can give them advice on how to grow their business through scheduled phone calls (not with your personal number; they will generate a number for the client to call).
Topics range from business strategy to digital marketing, strategic planning, public speaking, and more.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Sign up on their website and find the application process under your profile settings.
Make sure your profile is complete and accurate before you submit.
Clarity will review your application based on your background, the demand for your expertise, and whether you were truthful.
- PAYMENT: You get to set your rate, so factor in Clarity’s service fee which is 15% of the published rate.
Once a call is completed, you can see your earnings and you can immediately request for it to be transferred to your PayPal (credited after two weeks).
Fixya is more geared towards the do-it-yourself crowd.
The question-and-answer program pays experts to help others who are looking for assistance. It could range from fixing a dishwasher to solving a software issue.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Anyone can join Fixya – you just need to link your Facebook or Google account, or fill out the simple form with your e-mail address.
- PAYMENT:Answers range from $3 to $5, but if you want to participate in live sessions, you can set your own rates.
How much money can you make answering questions online?
If you can really get paid to answer questions, can you turn this into a full-time career?
Unfortunately, some JustAnswer.com experts are making over $4,000 a month not because they’re aggressively answering questions left and right.
Instead, these experts are doctors, lawyers, and other professionals with exceptional backgrounds.
Answering questions online pays, but not that much.
If you’re lucky to land a full-time position with an hourly rate, this opportunity could serve as a good alternative for office-based job.
While waiting for clients across these two sites, you get active with JustAnswer.com.
Get Paid to Answer Questions in Other Fields
I wanted to give you a few more options here by rounding up some ideas that you can get paid to answer questions as a part of a more comprehensive money-making strategy.
For starters, you can always become a paid secret shopper. The questions you will be answering will mostly be evaluating how a store and its employees conduct their business.
The questions don’t really change over different evaluations, but it’s still a nice way to bring in some extra cash.
You can also get paid to test different products.
Companies will mail products directly to your door or invite you to watch videos or join focus groups and ask you questions about what you see and experience.
This is a rather cool option because you will get to see products before they ever hit the shelves and your feedback can directly influence and shape the future.