Let’s be real: There is no doubt that you know how to spend your money on Amazon. But do you know how to make money with Amazon? How to use the world’s most popular online marketplace to your own advantage?
Like you, I do almost all my shopping on Amazon. And like you, I’ve researched countless ways to save money on Amazon.
The good news is:
Selling on Amazon can make you a lot of money. I am not talking a few dollars per month. I am talking hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars a month. The selling behemoth attracts an insane amount of traffic on a daily basis.
Sign up for all 3 sites for a cash bonus and new ways to make money from home.
And the best thing?
Most people who end up on Amazon are already very close to putting in those credit card digits and paying.
This is where you come in.
8 Ways to Make Money with Amazon
We all know how great it would be to get free stuff through the exclusive Amazon Vine program.
But did you know that there are plenty of other ways to make money with Amazon – from side hustles to starting your own business to becoming a seller!
I’ve rounded up the top 8 ways you can get paid by Amazon.
1. Sell Stuff with FBA
Amazon’s FBA program is one of the best ways you can make money with Amazon. The program is huge – and promising. This is the most surefire way you can make hundreds to thousands of dollars per month on Amazon.
The program is easy to learn as well. Basically, all you do is find products that you want to sell, and that’s it. Amazon handles everything from scratch – and that includes the sales, storage, any customer support, and shipping.
You’re practically selling to millions of consumers who already trust Amazon instead of having to launch your own e-commerce blog or page.
So what are the steps you need to take?
- Figure out what you want to sell at first. There are 37+ selling categories on Amazon, and all you need to do at first is to figure out what type of product you want to sell.
- Make it unique. Don’t be the kind of person who chooses to sell mugs yet again. It’s 2019. Make sure your products are unique and stand out. This way, you get to eliminate competition and focus on your products.
- Choose a selling plan. There are two plans you can choose from: the $39.99-per month professional plan (if you’re planning to sell over 40 products) and the individual plan (free, but you pay $0.99 over every time sold.)
- Start selling. Yes. It’s that simple. List your goods, let Amazon handle the shipping, and watch the money flow in.
- It’s not enough for a product to just be unique. Ensure that your product will actually sell by doing intensive research before.
- Sell low. At first, you’ll need to sell your product at the lowest possible price. This is a great way to accumulate as many positive reviews as possible that’ll make an increase in your price later on justifiable.
- For the best ROI you can get, put all your expenses on your credit card to reap any possible rewards.
- Make sure your pricing strategy is profitable.
- Always prepare for returned/damaged items.
We have a full guide on how to become an Amazon seller. Start there if this is the route you want to go.
2. Deliver for Amazon Flex
If you don’t want to spend a lot of effort to make money on Amazon, then Amazon Flex is a great way to get paid by Amazon.
There are countless orders being processed by Amazon on a daily basis, and you can make money by capitalizing on that.
You can sign up as an Amazon Flex delivery partner where you’ll be able to deliver goods to consumers. The website states that you can make anything from $18 to $25 an hour.
This works a little bit like Uber. You set your own schedule, you decide when and where you can work and you’ll earn competitive pay. This flexible income stream is the perfect side hustle for you to make money with Amazon.
A few notes:
- You can use whichever car you have if you’re delivering Prime Now orders.
- com orders require a four-door car or larger.
- You’re not allowed to use motorcycles or scooters.
- There will be a background check conducted.
- There will be no reimbursement for mileage, or parking.
3. Work for Amazon from Home
Many people think landing a job with Amazon is harder than it actually is.
If you’re looking for some extra cash or a part-time job, then you can apply for a work-from-home position and get paid by Amazon.
Customer service jobs are a great way to make money from home, and you can easily make up to $12 per hour from the comfort of your own home.
All you need is a high school diploma, some customer service experience, and computer/phone skills.
And this free video will show you exactly everything you need to do to get started. Click here to watch it now.
Check out all the open remote job positions Amazon has open.
4. Build your own Affiliate Site
If you have a running blog, a large following on Instagram/Facebook/Youtube or your own website, then you can monetize it using Amazon.
One of the easiest ways to make money with Amazon is tapping into the potential of the Amazon Affiliate Program. All you have to do is add Amazon affiliate links to certain products that you advertise.
You can write a product review blog on one of Amazon’s products, add the affiliate link and earn a commission of up to 10% every time someone makes a purchase.
You can get paid for any purchase the reader makes. The trick here is to actually choose high ticket items. This means that your commission can reach $100/day for only 3 to 4 items.
- Focus on, both, expensive products and high commission categories.
- Clicks earn you nothing – purchases are what you get commissions out of. This is why you need to use the right buyer keywords.
- Research your niche, and choose a profitable one.
- Always have a link building strategy.
Starting an affiliate blog or turning your blog into one is a relatively easy process.
There really is very little being done on your side.
It’s a great way to make good money long-term and can open up a lot more opportunities.
5. Self Publish a Book
If you want a source of passive income, then publishing a book to Kindle is your best bet. Not only is it completely free, but it also requires a one-time effort of writing the book (or hiring someone to write it) and you’re done!
Your book can instantly be available to millions of readers worldwide, and you will be earning up to 70% royalty. Sounds like a win-win situation to me!
Amazon also doesn’t “own” your book – you set your price, you have the rights to your book and you can also publish to print for free.
- Always try to prepare a follow-up book. The more books you write, the more profit you make.
- Make sure you have a smart pricing strategy set for you.
6. Become a Mechanical Turk
You will start getting higher paying jobs once you’ve completed at least 100 jobs (usually quite menial).
This is more of a “gig” rather than a “full-time” or “part-time” job.
7. Apply to Amazon Handmade
Amazon Handmade is basically Etsy but on a much bigger scale.
If you can make handmade items, then you can sell them on Amazon Handmade and start making money.
The process is a bit harder than the other options, but it’s a great way to make money on Amazon if you’ve got an artisan in you.
The fees are much higher than competitor websites like E-bay and Etsy, though. For example, Handmade charges 15% commission in comparison to Etsy’s 3.5% commissions. You will still be paying for Amazon’s massive number of website visitors and users.
You can build a part or full-time income online and it doesn't have to be challenging. Click here to see how.
8. Join the Amazon Influencers Program
If you’ve got an engaged following on any of your social media pages, then you can easily sign up for the program.
You don’t need a blog or a website to start earning money! When you sign up, you’ll go through a “review” process, and then when you’re accepted, you’ll be getting your own URL to use and share.
Commissions are also through product sales redirected from clicks on your link.
The Bottom Line
Amazon is the future of retail and will keep growing substantially in the next few years.
The best thing about making money on Amazon is that you get to actually utilize their reach and users and capitalize on the many different opportunities.
If Amazon isn’t up your alley, there are many more ways you can make quick money.