Work from home copywriting jobs are in-demand more than ever because companies big and small require experts to fill up their websites, social media platforms, e-newsletters, traditional brochures, and other content-driven marketing techniques.
Web-based copywriting is a multi-million dollar industry with a fantastic outlook.
This is particularly true since copywriting is expected to survive AI and branch out into various industries such as video marketing, and public relations, among others.
If you have a knack for writing, you’re already half way there.
This video will show you the simplest and fastest way to make money online today. Watch it for free right now.
Finding copywriting jobs today is super-easy, as long as you know your chosen market like the back of your hand, and you’re open to adapt as the industry changes along with technology.
Whether you’re just starting out as a copywriter, or you’re planning to switch from traditional office-based copywriting to online, this guide can help you decide which route you’d like to take.
Are Work from Home Copywriting Jobs for You?
Copywriting is the act of writing text for the purpose of advertising a product or service. The written material, called “copy”, aims to increase brand awareness and in the process, persuade people to take a particular “action.”
This action can be anything from joining the company newsletter, clicking the Like button of a company Facebook page, or buying a product from the company site.
Like other types of writing, copywriting follows a set of rules. If you’re new to this field, check this guide for copywriting basics.
Before signing up for this career, here are two important things you should consider:
Work from Home vs. Office-based
Traditional copywriters (usually employed by ad agencies) do the same tasks as online copywriters, except those who work from home have the option of taking on multiple clients or sticking to just one exclusively. Of course, both have pros and cons.
What I’ve discovered is that there is no criteria for going with one or the either – a person’s working habit, environment, and mindset all play a role on whether he/she will flourish in a work-from-home setup…or not.
Salary of Work from Home Copywriting Jobs
Australian copywriter Kate Toon broke down the complexities of pricing copywriting jobs.
Because you are not bound by a fixed salary as employed copywriters, you can control if you want to be paid by the hour ($25-$35/hour), by the word (10 cents to $1 per word), by the project, or any other basis.
Now that you know that working from home isn’t for everybody and that your salary as a freelance copywriter will be based mostly on personal output (unless you are a remote employee of a specific company with a fixed pay structure), then you’re ready to hunt for work from home copywriting jobs.
8 Sites Where You Can Find Work from Home Copywriting Jobs
This company has a pretty busy traffic, boasting of fulfilling over 2,500 writing jobs a month.
- Copywriters can apply as a copywriter no matter the country you’re from.
- Once you pass the application (assessment takes about 48 hours), you can take on assignments instantly without having to bid jobs or submit proposals.
- Finish the job before due date following the guidelines provided and receive payment via PayPal as you finish each job. Depending on your skills, you can earn up to $30 per 500 words.
A massive network of writers supporting Contently.com call this their home.
- To be able to get access to the Contently platform, you need to sign-up, optimize your portfolio, get your application approved, and complete training.
- When you begin, Contently will match you with its clients and you’ll work in collaboration with the client, Contently editors, and other people involved in a particular project.
- Once you’ve submitted your work, payment will be credited to your account instantly. Cash out via PayPal anytime.
ClearVoice helps established copywriters and influencers by connecting them to brands and receiving premium for their work. If you have been published on major publications in the past, your application has a higher chance.
- It’s important to work on your CV, since the info you put into it will dictate how ClearVoice matches you with client assignments.
- Clients choose writers based on ClearVoice recommendations based on the freelancer’s pay rates, industry and experience.
- Once you’re chosen, simply complete the job and receive payment via PayPal upon assignment approval.
Create a free profile, add work examples, build social connections and wait for Ebyline to connect you with top brands that is perfect for your niche.
Ebyline has over 2,000 freelancers across 72 countries and works with Fortune 500 companies.
This company connects freelance copywriters with Fortune 1000 brands and has reportedly paid over 30 million dollars to its contributors.
And this free video will show you exactly everything you need to do to get started. Click here to watch it now.
- Join as a writer by creating a Skyword account, fill out the forms and share details about your experience. Last step involves connecting your social networks.
- If you’re accepted as a writer, you are given assignments based on what you put into your profile.
- Complete the assignment once you’re chosen to work on a project, submit and get paid via PayPal.
Similar to other copywriting job sites on this list, you have to create a Quietly portfolio and wait for Quietly to match you with a client they think would be a good fit.
- Join the writer network, fill out a comprehensive portfolio, and wait to be paired up with a client.
- The frequency of workload varies between clients.
- Invoices are received twice a month (prior to the 15th and prior to the 30th). Payment frequency is twice a month, following the invoice dates.
If you have experience writing for the web and some knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics, Hubspot and Adobe suite, apply to become a coywriter for the Chat Shop.
- Email your CV, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com with ‘Copywriter Applicant’ in subject line.
Available for writers from North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia, iWriter is continuously on the lookout for talented writers to join their platform.
- There’s a quick application that involves creating an account, which also includes a small writing test and research test.
- It would take up to 2 weeks to receive a notification if you pass or fail.
- Once accepted, a writer begins at Standard level and make his/her way up to Premium, Elite and Elite Plus as the writer works on more projects.
- Some clients could send assignments your way directly.
Pay begins at about $1.25 for 100 words, but increase as you progress to other tiers.
The Bottom Line
If you’re a natural at encouraging your family or friends to buy something, and you are a skilled writer, copywriting can be a fruitful career choice for you. And if you go with work from home copywriting jobs, then you can do it from the comforts of your own home or while traveling around the world.
If you love writing but prefer fact-based news (news writing), journal-type (blogging), or other types of writing aside from copywriting, there are plenty of ways to get paid to write from home and still make it into a career.