If you know how to write, know how to sell, and love doing both, then a work-from-home copywriting job may be for you.
- Opinion Outpost - The #1 survey site that doesn't suck. Short surveys, high payouts, simply the best.
- Survey Junkie - Test out new products and get paid to answer questions about them! Work with companies like Apple, Nike, and Amazon!
- Inbox Dollars - Get paid to check your email. $5 bonus just for signing up!
- Nielsen - Download their app and get paid $50!
Copywriting jobs have always been in demand in marketing as well as advertising agencies, but with the advent of the internet and never-ending demand for content, copywriters for online platforms to supply this demand are all the more sought after.
In today’s article, you’ll learn what copywriting involves, where you can find work from home copywriting jobs, and how much you can expect to make as a copywriter.
What Does a Copywriter Do?
Copywriting is the act of writing text for the purpose of promoting a product or service.
The written material, called “copy,” aims to increase brand awareness and in the process, persuade people to take a particular “action.”
Traditionally, this copy goes into magazines, flyers, radio and TV ads, infomercials, billboards, direct mailings, and other media.
Nowadays, copy goes into emails, websites, social media, videos, and other online media.
This action can be anything from signing up for a mailing list, commenting or liking on social media, or buying from a website.
Thanks to the internet as well, copywriters now have the option of working from home, which opens the option of taking on multiple clients.
13 Sites Where You Can Find Work from Home Copywriting Jobs
It’s highly recommended to start your search at FlexJobs. Not only do you get myriad flexible job opportunities but you can also rest assured that you won’t be scammed by bogus employers.
FlexJobs carefully vets everyone who posts a listing with them.
This company has a pretty busy traffic, boasting of fulfilling over 2,500 writing jobs a month.
- Copywriters can apply as a copywriter no matter the country you’re from.
- Once you pass the application (assessment takes about 48 hours), you can take on assignments instantly without having to bid jobs or submit proposals.
- Finish the job before due date following the guidelines provided and receive payment via PayPal as you finish each job. Depending on your skills, you can earn up to $30 per 500 words.
A massive network of writers supporting Contently.com call this their home.
- To be able to get access to the Contently platform, you need to sign up, optimize your portfolio, get your application approved, and complete your training.
- When you begin, Contently will match you with its clients and you’ll work in collaboration with the client, Contently editors, and other people involved in a particular project.
- Once you’ve submitted your work, payment will be credited to your account instantly. Cash out via PayPal anytime.
ClearVoice helps established copywriters and influencers by connecting them to brands and receiving premium rates for their work. If you have been published in major publications in the past, your application has a higher chance of being noticed and approved.
- It’s important to work on your CV since the info you put into it will dictate how ClearVoice matches you with client assignments.
- Clients choose writers based on ClearVoice recommendations based on the freelancer’s pay rates, industry, and experience.
- Once you’re chosen, simply complete the job and receive payment via PayPal upon assignment approval.
It’s as simple as creating a free profile, adding samples of your work and social connections, and waiting to be contacted by Ebyline who will connect you with top brands that are perfect for your niche and expertise.
Ebyline has over 2,000 freelancers across 72 countries and works with Fortune 500 companies.
This company connects freelance copywriters with Fortune 1000 brands and has reportedly paid over 30 million dollars to its contributors.
- Join as a writer by creating a Skyword account, fill out the forms, and share details about your experience. The last step involves connecting your social networks.
- If you’re accepted as a writer, you are given assignments based on what you put into your profile.
- Complete the assignment once you’re chosen to work on a project, submit it, and get paid via PayPal.
Similar to other copywriting job sites on this list, you have to create a Quietly portfolio and wait for Quietly to match you with a client they think would be a good fit.
- Join the writer network, fill out a comprehensive portfolio, upload your writing samples, and wait to be paired up with a client.
- The frequency of workload varies among clients.
- Invoices are received twice a month (prior to the 15th and prior to the 30th). Payment frequency is also twice a month, following the invoice dates.
If you have experience writing for the web and some knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics, Hubspot, and Adobe suite, apply to become a coywriter for the Chat Shop.
- Email your CV, cover letter, and portfolio to hello[at]thecharshop[dot]com with ‘Copywriter Applicant’ in the subject line.
Available for writers from North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, iWriter is continuously on the lookout for talented writers to join their platform.
- There’s a quick application that involves creating an account, which also includes a small writing test and research test.
- It would take up to 2 weeks to receive a notification if you pass or fail.
- Once accepted, a writer begins at Standard level and makes their way up to Premium, Elite, and Elite Plus as the writer works on more projects.
- Some clients could send assignments your way directly.
Pay begins at about $1.25 for 100 words, but increase as you progress to higher tiers.
If ProBlogger were a person, it’d be in high school.
It’s been the home for bloggers creating and growing their blogs. They have a careers page where copywriters can find projects to work on.
No joke. Here is the fastest way to make easy money online. Click here to see how.
CopyPress offers a one-stop platform for generating high-quality, targeted content for businesses big and small.
Register as a team member, set your rates, pick and choose your projects, and get paid.
Job4Writer prides itself on having the best freelance copywriting jobs.
To be considered, you have to have copywriting skills, excellent grammar, SEO knowledge. Register and upload your CV on this page.
How Much Can You Earn From Work From Home Copywriting Jobs?
If you don’t have a fixed salary from a regular employer, estimating salary becomes a bit tricky.
Depending on your clients’ paying scheme or the copywriting websites you’re a member of, you can charge by the hour ($25-$35/hour), by the word (10 cents to $1 per word), per project, or any other basis.
This means your salary as a freelance copywriter is based mostly on your personal output and how many projects you can handle at a time.
But if you’re lucky and get a steady, regular employer, your salary becomes more predictable. It may be less than what other freelancers make, but there’s the possibility of getting health insurance and maybe even a 401(k).
If you’re a skilled writer and a natural at convincing people to do or buy something, copywriter can be a lucrative career choice for you.
What’s more, applying for work from home copywriting jobs allows you to do it in the comfort of your own home or even while traveling.
Another way of using your writing skills to sell stuff and make money, you can try your hand at affiliate marketing.
If you’re a writer but prefer writing on other topics, check out our guide on getting paid to write.
Does being a work from home copywriter sound good to you? Tell us your thoughts in the comments!