Many teens and young adults dream of becoming influencers these days and for good reason.
- Survey Junkie - The #1 survey site that doesn't suck. Short surveys, high payouts, simply the best.
- Inbox Dollars - Get paid to check your email. $5 bonus just for signing up!
- Product Report Card - Test out new products and get paid to answer questions about them! Work with companies like Apple, Nike, and Amazon!
- Nielsen - Download their app and get paid $50!
Influencer money is real.
On top of the freebies and high-paying deals that brand ambassadors receive, they also have fame beyond their wildest dreams and a “job” that never feels like they’re actually working.
Of course, before you get to the top of the chain, there’s a lot of work involved. From building up a sizable following, to learning everything you can about social media and online marketing, becoming an influencer is a business through and through.
If you or anyone you know is trying to get serious with influence marketing, make sure to bookmark this post. I’ve compiled a list of influencer platforms you can use to extend your reach and an up-to-date list of brands currently looking for their ambassadors.
HUGE List of Brands Currently Looking for Ambassadors
If you want to make money as an influencer, you have several routes:
Join an Influencer Marketing Agency
Just like talent agencies in Hollywood, influencer marketing agencies were built to help influencers find business deals, manage their influencer business, and do promotions for you.
Most of the time, these agencies have a high requirement (25k followers, 2+ years of active online presence, etc.).
Make a Profile on various Influencer Marketplaces
Influencer marketplaces is usually just a software that collects a list of influencers from various social media.
It is business-centric, since it usually vets influencers, filter them by demographics and provide a comprehensive matching feature for brands looking for ambassadors.
The problem with influencer marketplaces is that you usually don’t have control on which brands contact you for deals. The only upside is being listed on marketplaces gives you an extra boost of exposure.
Join Influencer Marketing Platforms
As you can see from the platform choices above, there are opportunities everywhere. However, since you are competing with hundreds or thousands of other influencers looking for deals, sponsorship and brands as well, the process can be challenging. This is especially true if you’re just starting out.
Look for Brands Yourself
If you’re not at the level required to join an influencer marketing agency and your profile at the influencer marketplace isn’t moving, you have another option.
You might want to try to do-it-yourself and try your chances with the following brands that are currently looking for ambassadors.
50 Brands Looking for Influencers
*** Make sure to bookmark this post to check new ones as I update it.
Clothing & Apparel Brands
- Breezy Swimwear – Like affiliates, ambassadors earn 15% commission for any referrals to the store that end up as sale. Brand ambassadors are given their own code to share to their followers. They also get discounts and freebies as part of the deal.
- Calamity Jane’s Apparel – Get a box of goodies once you’re chosen, followed by a monthly t-shirt freebie as long as you promote the brand with your family and friends.
- Dia&Co – Dia & Co is looking for plus-sized Dia brand ambassador who live and breathe fashion. Get to earn real cash, freebies and access to new products.
- Dollschino – This London-based clothing store is always looking for two kinds of help: junior influencers with less than 10k followers and brand ambassadors with over 10k followers. If you’d like to work with Dollschino, learn more about these programs here.
- Enjoy Leggings – Get free leggings and first dibs on new products as a brand ambassador.
- Evy’s Tree – This company may have begun as a company known for hoodies, but it has now expanded to anything dainty women’s wear. As ambassador, you receive quarterly gift boxes and affiliate commissions to sales you’ve referred.
- FINDRA – This company is looking for outdoorsy ambassadors willing to showcase their passion for bikes, skis, snowboards, canoes and overall travelers to help promote their brand.
- Hilda & Hanel Clothing Co. – Got a huge following on Instagram and want to receive and promote clothes? If you’re chosen, you’ll be working as the company’s ambassador for 3 months.
- Izzy & Liv – Celebrate black culture with likeminded ambassadors and get a free #Brownsugarbox free. Izzy and Liv is looking for adult and kid ambassadors.
- Leela and Lavender – This multi-brand store is always looking for ambassadors to expand the reach of the company. Fill-out this form to learn about the perks you get when you’re chosen as Leela & Lavender ambassador.
- Lemon – For comfy lounge wear, legwear and everything cozy and luxurious, Lemon is famous for their cold-weather clothes. Fill out the form to apply as an ambassador and get a chance to receive free clothes.
- NUYU – This company is specifically looking for college students, who would like to earn free clothes and extra cash just by promoting their products on Instagram.
- Sand Cloud – This is both a cause (they help preserve marine life) and a complete line-up of clothes, accessories and other sustainable products.
- She Inspired Clothing – Accepts influencer from any platform (whether you’re a blogger, TikToker, YouTuber, Instagrammer or so on). There is quite a list of requirements, but the benefits make up for it: there’s cash, freebies, and networking opportunities.
- Sunny Co Clothing – Calling all beachlovers with an active Instagram following. This company gives away a pair of sunglasses or swimsuit to their ambassadors.
- The Copper Closet – Different levels of perks and required posts are available for the Copper Closet’s brand ambassadors.
- The Jacket Maker – Makers of luxurious jackets for men and women, this company is looking for ambassadors to promote the brand. In return, ambassadors get to earn 20% commissions for referred sales, 50% off on purchased items, and lifetime discount for you and your friends.
- The Rustic Rack Boutique – For parents with influencer kids ages 0-3 months to preteen (up to size 14), get free clothes, discounts, and other perks if your kid is chosen to be a brand ambassador.
Sports and Active Wear Brands
- Discount Dance – As social media ambassador of Discount Dance, you’ll receive the latest dancewear fashions, and in return, you show off your new clothes via your social media channels.
- Kona Surf Co. – As an ambassador for this surf company, you get to receive free swag and be included in insider contests and giveaways.
- Trek Light Gear – Become one of the company’s “badassador” and get discounts for the hammocks, apparel, and other outdoorsy lifestyle gear.
- Born Tough – Makers of cool-looking duffle bags, gym bags, gym accessories, and workout clothes, this company is always looking for brand ambassadors who can promote the company and get paid for 15% commissions in return.
Jewelry and Accessories Brands
- Blue Planet Eyewear – Aside from getting free and discounted eyewear, you can also earn commissions from promoting the brand any way possible.
- LÍLLÉbaby – If you have a sizable following on Instagram or other social media and you’re a family with a baby, this brand is a perfect match for you.
- Mulu Jewelry – Those who have significant followers on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or YouTube could be chosen as Mulu’s ambassador and earn in-store credit to purchase jewelry from the store.
- Pura Vida Bracelets – This company is always looking for US-based influencers who could post at least twice a week. Pays thru PayPal.
- S-Force Watches – This company is looking for a specific brand ambassador. Fitness-loving, power bodybuilders who have the same love for quality watches. Do you fit the bill? Apply here.
- Twelve Little – If you’re a lover of gorgeous bags (backpacks, bottle bags, diaper bags, lunch bags, etc.), becoming a brand ambassador for Twelve Little makes sense. You’ll get discounts of up to 50% for you and your followers.
Skin Care, Cosmetics, and Health Care Brands
- Amire – As a brand ambassador for Amire, get free cosmetic products shipped to you once or twice a month free. In return, you have to post about the brand each week and get a chance to earn more cash.
- CLN & DRTY – Makers of aromatherapy, oils and other organic skincare products.
- Foxx and Luna – This small company creates hand-made, body and spa GMO-free products using cruelty-free ingredients. They also sell a wide range of products from tarots to wind chimes, candles, crystals, gemstones, herbs, and so much more.
- HD Beauty Skincare Boutique – Ambassadors earn commissions, receive discounts and get to try out new products.
- Lash Factory – Obsessed with having perfect lashes? This company is a producer of quality mascara, brow/lash growth serum and other similar products.
- Move Makeup – From the creators of the famous Move Makeup kits, concealers, blush, eyeshadow, and more, this opportunity is limited to the first 100 applications each month. The form may be closed temporarily, but opens at the start of the next month.
- One CBD – If you are a living proof of the benefits of CBD, One CBD is looking for you to become a brand ambassador, share your story, and get a chance to earn through commissions and get significant discounts on One CBD products.
- Orglamix – This company gives away free products, discounts, and first dibs to their new oils, skincare, makeup products.
- PMD Beauty – Influencers both men and women are welcome to send a form to collaborate, as long as you have something to offer. Make sure to indicate your social media platforms so the company could verify your clout.
- The Better Skin Co. – The cosmetics and skincare company is accepting influencers who have at least 5,000 followers with 200 likes on each of the most recent 10 photos.
- Winky Lux – If you’re a fan of this small cosmetics and beauty company, check out their ambassador program.
Food and Drink Brands
- Celsius – This company is looking for ambassadors who already love the Celsius health drinks. To apply, fill out the form and share you YouTube, Instagram, or TikTok links.
- J-Gen – For those who love health drinks, J-Gen’s antioxidant drinks (in powder and ready-to-drink bottles) could be your next favorite drink. And if you become the brand’s ambassador, you can enjoy free products and 20% commissions from referred sales.
- Kung Fu Tea – If you are in love with bubble tea, there’s no better way to get discounts and freebies than to become a brand ambassador for Kung Fu Tea.
- Once Upon a Farm – Co-created by Jennifer Garner, Once Upon a Farm is a company that provides fresh and organic food for kids. It is looking for farm mamas or dadas who are based in the US and can provide quality content on Instagram each month.
- Zagg.com – This site is home to famous phone accessory brands like Invisible Shield and Mophie, so if you’re a fan and have an active social media life, then fill out this form.
- Happy Earth – Get involved in protecting the earth as an ambassador for Happy Earth apparel and you receive discounts and gain plenty of friends who participate in tree planting or trash-pickup activities.
- The Great North – Help this company with their environmental efforts by promoting the brand on Instagram. Every time someone buys swimwear, a shirt, or other lifestyle apparel, 10% goes into planting trees, removing garbage from oceans, and contributing to sustainable environment.
- The Honest Company – Co-founded by actress Jessica Alba, this company has been producing plenty of good-quality, non-toxic household products. Pay here is legit – ambassadors earn $15/hour instead of commissions.
- Junobie – This company produces eco-friendly household products designed for the breastfeeding mom. If you have a sizable following on social media and want to share your love of the brand while getting some perks, fill out the form here.
- RimBlades USA – RimBlades USA has provided consumers with a patented wheel protection accessory that’s easy to install and looks great. If you’re a fan, this could be your chance to get free products and earn commissions through this ambassador program.
- Singer – Are you passionate about sewing and love the SINGER brand? The company is continuously looking for people to share the joy of sewing.
12 Influencer Platforms to Help You Find Sponsorship & Deals
If you’re trying to be proactive and wanted to go where businesses find influencers, I have important news for you:
- The platforms aimed at businesses in search of influencers to team up with are unfortunately, only for businesses. For example, Traackr, was designed specifically to discover and manage influencers, as well as track the progress of campaigns.
- Most of the time, there is no way to sign-up as an influencer on these sites or apps. It’s because the business-geared platforms use robots and algorithms to find potential brand ambassadors based on various factors, such as number and age of followers, niche, location, level of activity, and so on.
If you do find a platform that allows influencers to join and make a profile, expect these platforms to be more biased to businesses (or lack features beneficial to your influencer life). This is because the businesses are the ones paying for access to this data.
Check some of them out here:
Create an account. Complete your profile. Then when a marketer is interested in collaborating with you, you’ll receive an invitation to bid on an opportunity.
The invitation isn’t a guarantee you’ll be chosen.
- PROS: Marketers can see your profile and if your business matches the brand’s needs, your name will be included in the “options”
- CONS: You are not given a chance to message marketers directly. If you are chosen, communication and payments go through TapInfluence.
Before YouTube acquired the branded content marketplace FameBit.com, this site let creators find sponsorship, submit proposals to brands, and get paid all in one platform. But starting on July 31, this self-service feature will no longer be available.
- PROS: The full service program still helps creators by matching them with brands. Best for YouTubers.
- CONS: You don’t have the freedom you enjoyed with self-service.
Heepsy is mostly for businesses and marketers looking for influencers. On their side, brands can filter influencers based on past deals, audience demographics, and other useful filters. As an influencer, you could also find and contact other influencers near you or within your niche if you’re feeling a bit lost and need advice with pricing deals, finding brands, or even setting up a collaboration.
- PROS: The influencer-friendly feature is pretty useful. Try out the free trial before paying though.
- CONS: Not enough features available for influencers. This is mostly a business-aimed platform.
4. Aspire IQ (formerly Revfluence)
Known formerly as Revfluence, Aspire IQ is a self-service solution for brands and marketers looking for influencers to work with. It offers plenty of analytical data about influencers and provide brands with a platform to collaborate, manage and assist in tracking campaigns. If you’re an influencer, you just need to join and Aspire IQ would match you with brands and handle payments for you as well.
And this free video will show you exactly everything you need to do to get started. Click here to watch it now.
- PROS: Big companies like Quest Nutrition and Birchbox are some examples of the brands they work with. Sends payment through PayPal.
- CONS: Influencers cannot send brands proposals
FOHR has a goldmine of resources for influencers starting out in this business. Make sure to follow the blog and join their email list. It’s free to join as influencers, and the company seems to be serious at helping both sides make the collaborations into a win-win scenario. All influencers who sign-up to FOHR gets their own Instagram Follower Health Score, which is a pretty cool ‘scoring’ feature.
- PROS: Awesome choice for fashion bloggers and influencers
- CONS: Not for beginners with little to no clout on Instagram
Influential helps you connect with businesses across different social media platforms. Although Influential is like other companies that use a software for matching influencers with brands, but this is quite exciting because it is powered by Watson, IBM’s artificial intelligence (AI) software.
- PROS: AI software that knows your profile and followers down to the T
- CONS: No way to join as influencers
This influencer marketing platform is also AI-driven and focuses more on the brands. Features include a social content lab, where brands can test and analyze various influencers for any particular campaign. The requirements for influencers are pretty easy: at least 2 social accounts, over 2500 followers a month, and at least 1 post monthly.
- PROS: Pays in about 10 days, unlike the standard 30-day
- CONS: Canada and US-based influencers only.
The Mavrck platform is pretty unique. In most cases, the software collects a list of influencers, weigh the level of clout each one has, verify the followers and information, then match these verified influencers with brands. With Mavrck, a brand’s real customers are invited to become brand ambassadors.
- PROS: Big-time brands like Universal Studios, New Balance, Proctor & Gamble, Gillette, Dunkin’ Donuts, Sears, and JetBlue.
- CONS: Influencers have to trust the system and wish that they get picked to become ambassadors.
9. Tidal Labs
Tidal Labs is a full-service influence platform. Through its AI, Tidal finds and groups influencers into certain categories. Brands can create two kinds of campaigns: a public one that any influencer can apply to, and a private one that is only offered to certain influencers.
- PROS: Tidal Labs claim of giving beginners a fair shot as experienced influencers
- CONS: More private campaigns than public campaigns available
Dubbed as the world’s best real-time YouTube/Instagram influencer analytical, marketing and advertising machine learning engine, SocialBook was designed to help both influencers and brands arrive at a win-win situation.
- PROS: Good set of features for influencers: from the ability to check other influencers’ reports to getting brand offers from within the platform.
- CONS: Free plan is good, but lacks the juicy features available with the paid plans ($14 to $34/month).
This platform is a self-service influencer marketplace, where brands post their campaign and wait for offers from influencers. The brand chooses the influencer to promote their product/service.
- PROS: Access to this platform is totally free for influencers
- CONS: The competition is high and you are not given a chance to send proposals to any brand you like
Webfluential really means what its name suggest – this platform helps influencers of YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and even bloggers using the WordPress platform. It provides beginner to experienced influencers with all the right tools to be able to deal with even the biggest companies like Coca-Cola, P& G, Nokia, KFC, Barclays, ABSOLUT, and more.
- PROS: It is made with influencers in mind
- CONS: Can’t find anything wrong with this platform.
30 Influencer Tools You Need to Level Up Your Campaigns
In the past, you had to access all your social media accounts manually to post something in them. Many influencers in the earlier days had to do it old school and used their gut when deciding on things.
Now with the help of influencer platforms, these tools make it easy to post in all accounts in one go, schedule posts, monitor the success or failure of a particular campaign, be on top of various analytics (number of followers per social media, number of people who read a particular post, and so on).
You don’t have to use ALL of them, but choosing the best one of these tools is essential to leveling up from just a “famous online person” to an actual online entrepreneur. Ready? Here are the available platforms:
CONTENT CREATION TOOLS
Content refers to anything expressed through a particular medium. This could be anything, from videos for YouTube, infographics for your Pinterest, a tutorial for your blog, or even just a picture for your Instagram. The following tools will make your lives as influencers easier (perfect for those on a budget and working on their own):
This video editor app (available in both Android and iOS) allows you to crop in front, at the middle, or end of a video, add effects or voice-overs, add music and text, or adjust speed. Designed for Instagram Stories, but can still be used on other social media.
Ever wanted to make lovely graphics for your pages, but have zero Photoshop skills? Canva is going to be a life-changer for you. Completely free forever, join Canva and start creating.
For YouTubers (and other video content creators) who are in need of a capable screen recorder and video editor, TechSmith made Camtasia especially for you. The upside is that there’s free trial, but not everyone can afford it since you’ll need to pay $160 to $250 once the trial is over.
If Camtasia is too expensive, OBS is your solution. This free and open source software is the tool many YouTubers and Twitchers use for video recording and live streaming.
There are tons of photo editing programs out there being marketed for influencers, but if you need just one, the Lightroom app should be your first choice. And because Lightroom is a pretty popular Adobe product, you can buy presets from hundreds of Etsy creators and give your photos a uniform “look.” Downside is you’ll be paying around $10 a month for desktop and mobile access.
Make adding subtitles to your videos quick and easy. Perfect if you have an accent, speak quickly, or just want additional resources for your followers. It’s free and supports various formats.
Not the best writer in the world? Don’t worry. There are apps like Ginger to help check your spelling, grammar and punctuation. Keep your content clean without extra effort. It’s free for mobile and desktop.
You can build a part or full-time income online and it doesn't have to be challenging. Click here to see how.
8. IFTTT (“if this, then that”)
This is aimed for influencers with advanced computer knowledge. With this free tool, you can create any kind of “recipe” or task that you need. For example: “If you post a new Facebook post, then it should be shared on Instagram as well.”
Designed specifically for creating Pinterest and Instagram content, Tailwind lets you upload posts in bulk, schedule posts and pin to multiple boards in one. There’s free trial, but goes for $9.99 per account per month once it ends.
For influencers with a blog, this tool lets you recycle your old posts and re-post them in various social media throughout the year. It even organizes which content to use from your given categories.
If you know about #hashtags, you have a slight idea of Search Engine Optimization.
Simply put, any SEO effort you bring to the table is aimed at helping robots (of Google, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, or other platforms) find your content by guiding them with keywords (like hashtags).
SEO may sound complicated, but most influencers have been doing it without really diving deep into the world of SEO. With the following tools, your SEO efforts would be much more easier:
For YouTubers, this free extension tool is a must if you wish to expand your reach legally and without spending in advertising. It will make it easy for you to optimize your video and channel tags, descriptions, titles, and even thumbnails. There’s free and paid ($9 to $42/month) versions of this tool.
This hashtag tracker is very useful for social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter. It helps influencers track their campaigns based on how many people shared their post that included those specific hashtags.
The rules of keyword research for social media is different for blogs. Every platform has its own rules and algorithms, but you need to start somewhere. Finding keywords for your post could be the first step to a SEO-optimized influencer business.
Instagram is notorious for giving users only one chance to show off a website, blog, or any other link…and that’s the BIO link. This tool helps you take advantage of that one link by sending anyone who clicks it to multiple possible pathways (that you will set). You can use this free, or pay $6/month for extra features.
This lead generation tool is for influencers who want to boost the number of their audience, and understand their existing followers better. Ideal for beginners, it gives you a ton of tracking data, reports and “actionable” recommendations.
Do you feel like you’re handeling more social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and the next big thing), juggling between tasks, and trying to cope with other influencer activities? If so, you might need some organizing in your influencer business.
This project management software helps you keep track of everything – posts, scheduled posts, campaigns, and other tasks. You wouldn’t get overwhelmed too much when everything is in calendar form. It supports almost all social media, so if you’re focusing on two or more platforms, then this could really help organize your work.
Made for power Instagrammers, this post scheduling tool automatically plans your photos, videos and other posts for publication. It helps you choose the perfect time to post (based on your followers’ most-active hours) and since you can pre-set everything, you even don’t have to be online to post anything. Your hashtags are stored for future use. This is a paid tool, starting at $10.50/month.
Awario is a comprehensive social listening tool that allows you to keep up-to-date with who’s who of your niche (for possible collaborations). The downside of this tool is that it was made for brands to find influencers, so expect most features geared toward businesses.
This visual analytics tool is pretty comprehensive, letting you see clicks to your posts, analyze conversions, and even let you manage Instagram from the platform. If you’re serious about monetizing your influencer status or improve your followers’ engagement, make sure to check it out.
20. Social Blade
Social Blade is a website that tracks your own social media statistics and analytics, as well as your competititors. Social Blade most notably tracks the YouTube platform, but also has analytical information regarding Twitch, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Mixer, Dailymotion, DLive, and TikTok.
SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLS
Let’s face it. There are a ton of social media platforms today. While some influencers began their career in just one (like YouTube, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, etc.), expanding to other platforms like Facebook, Tik-Tok, Pinterest, and more could mean a double in revenue or a boost in followers.
For most beginner influencers who do not have their own team to handle some of these tasks, these social media tools are enough to help you handle your online presence.
This tool organizes your followers’ data, which you could use for monetizing campaigns and improving content. If you’ve been paying for advertising, this tool helps you gear into important things like audience retention.
SocialFlow gives you control on scheduling posts, but it chooses the right time to publish this post based on the activity level and engagement of your followers. This tool then collects real-time data and removes the need to “trust your gut” when it comes to the best time of day to publish posts.
This one is exclusive to Twitter, but one that is very useful for analyzing your competition, knowing the demographics of your followers, and optimizing your Twitter activities based on real data collected.
TokUpgrade is one of the earliest tools designed for TikTokers. It helps TikTok-based influencers from getting more “real, targeted followers” safely, securely and legally. This is a paid service and since these guys really know what they’re doing, you can guarantee to receive geniune TikTok fan base growth.
If you’re looking to get a significant amount of new leads, OptinMonster can help you in creating pop-ups, landing pages and other lead-capturing methods without tech knowledge or graphic design skills. It offer drag-and-drop templates you can use quickly.
These BONUS tools can be a game-changer for you, depending on where you are at your influencer journey.
What better way to improve your follower engagement than to have a contest, giveaway or competition? Not sure how you could pull one off? Woobox can take care of everything you need to create giveaways, custom forms, hashtag contests, coupons, polls, quizzes, photo contests.
Bit.ly shortens any URL you have, so if you’re on Twitter (known for its infamous limited space), you’ll be saving more space for your messages. On top of this, all links you shortened using Bitly will be added to your analytics chart, which makes it easy to track campaigns based on the URL you send out to the world.
Gleam Competitions works similar to Woobox. It verifies entries of anyone who joins your contest or giveaway, making it totally manageable to run one every week or month.
This all-in-one social media management and analytics tool also automates customer service and provides you a comprehensive dashboard for all your campaigns. It supports most popular social media like YouTube and Instagram.
For YouTubers and Twitchers, a good transcriptionist is important. Anything you put out as video can be transcribed and turned into a text-based content (which you can publish as blog post, or Facebook post). It’s such a good way to repurpose content at a low price (average fee is $1 per minute transcribed).
Get Yourself a PO Box, too!
With all the tools you might have on your list, this old school “tool” is often forgotten. But if you’re like most influencers who are getting famous by the day, you know that there are plenty of freebies, deals and other stuff brands (or even fans) send your way.
To keep some semblance of privacy, a PO Box is definitely a must-have for receiving snail mail and packages. The amount may vary by city, but you’d usually have to should $100/year for your own PO Box.
The Bottom Line
If you’re interested in starting with just one social media platform, these following resources could be useful to you:
- How to Make Money on Facebook
- How to Make Money on Twitter
- How to Make Money on Instagram
- How to Make Money on Pinterest
- How to Make Money on Tik-Tok
If everything you just read about the business of becoming an influencer is new to you, but you feel that this career path is speaking to you, make sure to read this guide on how to become a brand ambassador.