Home > Known Scams > Do Not Work for Angela Johnson and Caribbean Pools & Spas of Brevard

Do Not Work for Angela Johnson and Caribbean Pools & Spas of Brevard

I actually covered this a few weeks ago in a weekly scam roundup, but “Angela Johnson” has been really ramping up her emails lately and this one needs all the exposure it can get.

Beware of the Angela Johnson & Caribbean Pools Scam

This is the application email that’s being sent out…

From: Angela Johnson
Subject: RE: CareerBuilder Job Application : Subsidiary Company Manager Re:

Hello,

Our Company is delighted to offer you a position of a Subsidiary
Manager. We are all excited about the potential that you carry to our
company. We plan to set up a small subsidiary company in your area and
that is why we are looking for Managers.

Our company is a mid-size company based out of Merritt Island, FL. We
have been selected by Pool & Spa News as a top 50 builder in the
Nation! We have built thousands of incredible pools in Brevard and
Indian River County and in San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Las
Vegas. Our mission is to provide every client with an experience of
honesty, quality, integrity, excellence, attention to detail, on time
scheduling and guaranteed workmanship all at an affordable price. Our
knowledge and experience is not local, but global. The members of our
team come all from different states and countries, US, South America,
Europe and Asia, but we all work together.
Our website is: http://caribbean-pools.com

You will be organized as an exempt executive-level W-2 employee. Your
initial compensation package includes a monthly salary of $4500
payable biweekly, full medical and dental coverage through our
company’s employee benefit plan. At the beginning you will have to
undergo the 2-week probation period, that will be covered by us by
$1800.

Description of the position:

* Manage business (our subsidiary company will be created for you
at our own expense)
* Organization of payoffs straight from clients to employees by
bank wires and money transfer systems (a business bank account is set
up with our assistance)
* Performing administration work
* Ordering construction materials
* Advertising the company
* Scheduling payments and meeting the deadlines as per invoices

The first step is to complete the form on our website:

If you meet all of our minimum qualifications, you can expect a phone
call from me within 48 hours of my receipt of your registration
(except for Saturday and Sunday).

Thank you again for your interest and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Angela Johnson

Angela Johnson | Manager | Caribbean Pools & Spas of Brevard |
Ph: 407-477-4085 | Fax: 800-520-6078 | manager@caribbean-pools.com |
arts3d@hotmail.com

[Author’s Note: If you have any follow-up emails sent by this scammer, PLEASE post them below.]

I know this may look like a legitimate well-paying job, but this is absolutely 100% a scam. The clue lies within this line: * Organization of payoffs straight from clients to employees by bank wires and money transfer systems (a business bank account is set up with our assistance)

No company needs a random person to handle their payments/employee checks. They will send you fake checks and they’ll tell you to deposit them into the bank account you recently setup. Trust me, the check is guaranteed to be fake and it WILL eventually bounce. However, banks are required by law to make the funds you deposit immediately available to you even if the check hasn’t yet cleared.

The scammer is then going to ask you to take the money in your account, and send it off overseas to a “client” or “employee” via Western Union or Moneygram. Since you have access to the funds, this won’t be a problem. Unfortunately, the check WILL bounce. It may bounce in a few days, or it could be a few weeks or even months, but I absolutely guarantee you that the check will bounce. This means you just sent away a few thousand dollars to a scammer via a method that isn’t traceable and the money YOU will be 100% responsible for paying that money back to the bank. The scammer will be long gone at this point.

Never, ever, ever accept any type of position that requires you to handle someone else’s money.

These types of “jobs” are ALWAYS scams.

1. I got the same thing only now she is Jenneffer Paulino the president of Paul Davis Systems which does not exsist. See email below word for word the same thing just different company. She’s even bold to say she is accredited with the BBB which I will be reporting that as well.

“Our Company is delighted to offer you a position of a Subsidiary Manager. We are all excited about the potential that you carry to our company. We plan to set up a small subsidiary company in your area and that is why we are looking for Managers.

Our company is a mid-size company based out of Sarasota, FL. Paul Davis Systems is a State Certified General Contractor (#CGC 1512140), State Certified Roofing Contractor (#CCC 1328234), Building Inspection, Mold Testing, Remediation and Consulting Company. Our mission is to provide every client with an experience of honesty, quality, integrity, excellence, attention to detail, on time scheduling and guaranteed workmanship all at an affordable price. Our knowledge and experience is not local, but global.
    Our website is: http://www.pdsystemsco.com

You will be organized as an exempt executive-level W-2 employee. Your initial compensation package includes a monthly salary of $4500 and commission on top of it, full medical and dental coverage through our company’s employee benefit plan.

Description of the position:

* Manage business (a business will be created for you at our expense)
    * Organization of payoffs straight from clients to employees by bank wires and money transfer systems (a business bank account will be set up with our assistance)
    * Performing administration work
    * Ordering materials and supplies
    * Advertising the company in local newspapers and magazines (at our expense)
    * Scheduling payments and meeting the deadlines as per invoices

This is NOT a francise and you do NOT have to pay anything to work with us.
    You’ll need to undergo a 2-week probation period and assist as with finding an office (note: we will rent it at our expense).
    The training period lasts for 1 month with our Project Manager who arrives to train you.

Please complete the form on our website if you are interested in this managerial position:

If you meet all of our minimum qualifications, you can expect a response from us within 48 hours of my receipt of your registration (except for Saturdays and Sundays).

Thank you again for your interest and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Jenneffer Paulino

Jenneffer Paulino | Manager | Paul Davis Systems |
    Ph: 941-312-2255 | Fax: 800-520-6078 | art3d at hotmail.com”

2. I fell for this, but It was early NOV when I got the email. I did check it out and I did not get all these messages about it being a scam. By this time it was Beacon Construction and no one posted about it. I had surgery not too long after signing the paper work. I am now in a bad situation.

3. I too just got the Beacon Construction Company “job offer”. I was immediately suspicious for several reasons. first was that they could not use proper english to save their lives. Second, They are offering me a position, then asking me to fill out an application. Third, they are using a Gmail account, even thought they list a fake email at the bottom of their letter.
    I have reported this to the Federal Trade Commission. Any of you that have gotten this recent letter from Beacon construction company should also report them to the FTC. here is the website:
    I also googled the address listed on the papers they send you if you filed out their on line form…its a small house in a residental area of Florida!

4. I received the same email and thank god I read these comments!!!I also thought it was too good to be true. I wonder if the Beacon construction knows they are using their website in connection of this scam!!!Thank GOD for the reviews!!!!

5. I have been job searching recently and I got this email this morning. Thank you for this website because when I copied and pasted the woman’s name and company name – this popped up!

Thanks again crime fighters……

;)

6. I just received this email today.

Hello,

Our Company is delighted to offer you a position of a Subsidiary
    Manager. We are all excited about the potential that you carry to our
    company. We plan to set up a small subsidiary company in your area and
    that is why we are looking for Managers.

Our company is a mid-size company based out of North Palm Beach, FL.
    Beacon Construction is a State Certified General Contractor (#CGC
    1512140), State Certified Roofing Contractor (#CCC 1328234), Building
    Inspection, Mold Testing, Remediation and Consulting Company. Our
    mission is to provide every client with an experience of honesty,
    quality, integrity, excellence, attention to detail, on time
    scheduling and guaranteed workmanship all at an affordable price. Our
    knowledge and experience is not local, but global.
    Our website is: http://www.beaconusco.com

You will be organized as an exempt executive-level W-2 employee. Your
    initial compensation package includes a monthly salary of $4500 and
    commission on top of it, full medical and dental coverage through our
    company’s employee benefit plan.

Description of the position:

* Manage business (a business will be created for you at our expense)
    * Organization of payoffs straight from clients to employees by
    bank wires and money transfer systems (a business bank account will be
    set up with our assistance)
    * Performing administration work
    * Ordering materials and supplies
    * Advertising the company in local newspapers and magazines (at our expense)
    * Scheduling payments and meeting the deadlines as per invoices

This is NOT a francise and you do NOT have to pay anything to work with us.
    You’ll need to find an office for rent and undergo a 2-week probation period.
    The training period lasts for 1 month with our Project Manager who
    arrives to train you.

Please, complete the form on our website if you are interested in this
    managerial position:

If you meet all of our minimum qualifications, you can expect a
    response from us within 48 hours of my receipt of your registration
    (except for Saturdays and Sundays).

Thank you again for your interest and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Stacey Friedman

Stacey Friedman | Manager | Beacon Construction |
    Ph: 561-459-3790 | Fax: 800-520-6078 | s.friedman at beaconus-mail.com

7. Recieved thru Career Builder here in SW Florida

8. Just received another one through Career Builder…this time they are the Beacon construction group. they have a website and say they are endorsed with BBB….http://www.beaconus.com/

9. recieved in dayton ohio

Hello,

Our Company is delighted to offer you a position of a Subsidiary
    Manager. We are all excited about the potential that you carry to our
    company. We plan to set up a small subsidiary company in your area and
    that is why we are looking for Managers.

Our company is a mid-size company based out of North Palm Beach, FL.
    Beacon Construction Group, Inc. is a State Certified General
    Contractor (#CGC 1512140), State Certified Roofing Contractor (#CCC
    1328234), Building Inspection, Mold Testing, Remediation and
    Consulting Company. Our mission is to provide every client with an
    experience of honesty, quality, integrity, excellence, attention to
    detail, on time scheduling and guaranteed workmanship all at an
    affordable price. Our knowledge and experience is not local, but
    global.
    Our website is: http://beaconus.com

You will be organized as an exempt executive-level W-2 employee. Your
    initial compensation package includes a monthly salary of $4500 and
    commission on top of it, full medical and dental coverage through our
    company’s employee benefit plan.

Description of the position:

* Manage business (a business will be created for you at our expense)
    * Organization of payoffs straight from clients to employees by
    bank wires and money transfer systems (a business bank account will be
    set up with our assistance)
    * Performing administration work
    * Ordering materials and supplies
    * Advertising the company in local newspapers and magazines (at our expense)
    * Scheduling payments and meeting the deadlines as per invoices

This is NOT a francise and you do NOT have to pay anything to work with us.
    You’ll need to find an office for rent and undergo a 2-week probation period.
    The training period lasts for 1 month with our Project Manager who
    arrives to train you.

Please, complete the form on our website if you are interested in this
    managerial position:

If you meet all of our minimum qualifications, you can expect a
    response from us within 48 hours of my receipt of your registration
    (except for Saturdays and Sundays).

Thank you again for your interest and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Stacey Friedman

Stacey Friedman | Manager | Beacon Construction Group |
    Ph: 561-459-3790 | Fax: 800-520-6078 | s.friedman@beaconus-mail.com

10. kandria james says:

I just received the same email but from stacey friedman for beacon construction group:

Hello, Our Company is delighted to offer you a position of a SubsidiaryManager. We are all excited about the potential that you carry to ourcompany. We plan to set up a small subsidiary company in your area andthat is why we are looking for Managers. Our company is a mid-size company based out of North Palm Beach, FL.Beacon Construction Group, Inc. is a State Certified GeneralContractor (#CGC 1512140), State Certified Roofing Contractor (#CCC1328234), Building Inspection, Mold Testing, Remediation andConsulting Company. Our mission is to provide every client with anexperience of honesty, quality, integrity, excellence, attention todetail, on time scheduling and guaranteed workmanship all at anaffordable price. Our knowledge and experience is not local, butglobal.Our website is: http://beaconus.com You will be organized as an exempt executive-level W-2 employee. Yourinitial compensation package includes a monthly salary of $4500 andcommission on top of it, full medical and dental coverage through ourcompany’s employee benefit plan. Description of the position: * Manage business (a business will be created for you at our expense)* Organization of payoffs straight from clients to employees bybank wires and money transfer systems (a business bank account will beset up with our assistance)* Performing administration work* Ordering materials and supplies* Advertising the company in local newspapers and magazines (at our expense)* Scheduling payments and meeting the deadlines as per invoices This is NOT a francise and you do NOT have to pay anything to work with us.You’ll need to find an office for rent and undergo a 2-week probation period.The training period lasts for 1 month with our Project Manager whoarrives to train you. Please, complete the form on our website if you are interested in thismanagerial position:http://beaconus.com/r.php?i=3 If you meet all of our minimum qualifications, you can expect aresponse from us within 48 hours of my receipt of your registration(except for Saturdays and Sundays). Thank you again for your interest and I look forward to speaking with you soon. Stacey Friedman Stacey Friedman | Manager | Beacon Construction Group |Ph: 561-459-3790 | Fax: 800-520-6078 | s.friedman@beaconus-mail.com

11. I got an job offer from Angela johnson as well. I too thought it was too good to be true. I did send all working dorcorments to her 9-1 form w4 form and contract.. they send me my business form . but i was not for sure.. So I didn’t go an open a bank account because things didn’t sound good when they said don’t mention the company you are suppose to be the one and only to translate business.. seems to be no good…I am glad I look it up and found your email and others who found out it is a scam thank you Maxine Thomas

12. thanks Steve your warning has helped me from getting my ass kicked from these scammers

13. Hello,
    I agree 100% on what ur saying ,i feel im lost now with all these scams, have you heard of homewebsitecenter?is it a scam? because i do have an account there and im not making any penny ufff im so tired i want to work from home cant find any way to start my own business …

There is surbey website called makemoneytakingsurveys.biz some say it works some not can u check it for me please,….i will sign with u to get your informations and start maming money ……the right way

thanks steve…….

14. wow thats actually where u live. crazy small world. and ive noticed craigslist is full of spam jobs and careerbuilder as well. more people need to work on reporting them and getting them shut down. as well as i think careerbuilder could do a majorly better job cleaning up spam jobs.

15. I got this email and wondered how this company can trust you so much with so much money without even seeing you. They want you to set an accoung in your name but then they want you to send them the pass word and account information. But they dont want you to mention them to the bank in any way shape or form.

How can we prosecute this kind of preying on people who dont know how to deal with business scammers ? .

16. i got this email too, but it is too dumb for a company to email me from a gmail account. total scam, i don’t even know how people can be this desperate to believe this crap. let’s not even go into the wire transfer scam part, who the hell emails you to let you know that you have just earned a $54,000 annual salary job with benefits included? without dressing up and going to a brick-and-mortar office building for an interview? without qualifying what makes *me* so ideal for this job?? what the hell? are people *really* this dumb?

17. I use a MAC email program and I have all of the info that she used for internert providers and an email name that she really uses. I will post it here. Victor, she is not even in the US. When you speak to here there is a 2 second delay during the calls…she is some where in Europe. My cell phone compnay informed me that the 407 number i called was a trac phone and it came back to being purchased in Kiev.

18. “Being that this may be a scam.”

This is absolutely 100% a scam. Please DO NOT send this scammer any more of your information. You will lose thousands of dollars and most likely your identity. She’s not operating within the confines of the US.

19. Victor Brown says:

I have been offered this position by Angela Johnson and forwarded paperwork just this morning regarding this matter. Being that this may be a scam, how is she able to continue to operate with no fraud charges being assesed?

20. This just happened to me. They spent $500 to incorporate a legitimate llc.here in Illinois. When I contracted her because I had questions she insisted I use a large known bank not a small one. Well contacted FBI they informed me it was a scam.

21. This is exactly what happened to me.. I am the one that almost lost the $7800..

you can read about it here:

and yes anything that says wire transfer, send money… total SCAM,,, beware everyone… dont fall for it… this is a trully devastating situation if you fall into it because banks will hold you responsible for the lost money…